• I completely agree with Surrogate motherhood

I think that surrogate mothers should be allowed because if somebody can't have children they should still be able to raise a family of their own. To some people, having the same DNA as your child is very important. I believe that if someone is willing to be a surrogate mother to help somebody out, they should be able to. Also, gay people aren't able to have a baby with both of their DNA, so it would be nice to at least have one of the partners genes, and have the other legally adopt the child. If someone doesn't think they would be able to give away the baby after giving birth to them, they shouldn't of signed the contract, although there are now laws and they would have to give up the child to the other family.

• I believe surrogate motherhood should be allowed

I think surrogate motherhood should be allowed. It's giving a mother a chance to have a child that is biological to her, because she can't herself. Every woman should be given the chance to have her own child, just because she physically isn't able to shouldn't keep her away from being a parent. Yes, a woman can adopt a child, but some may want to be biological to a child and they should have that option. Genetically having a child that you've wanted would be a lot better then having one that isn't. Just because someone else is having the child for you doesn't mean it won't be loved as much, it will be loved even more because it's giving a woman a child that she couldn't have by herself. It isn't about the money, it's about giving the gift of love to a person who can't do that on their own. This is why surrogate motherhood should be allowed.

• I have a child through surrogacy!

Without surrogacy I would not have experienced the joys of parenthood. Unless you are in the terrible predicament of not being able to carry your own child you can never understand. We are in the UK and the surrogate mother cannot be paid here: so it is far from a money making business. To top it all off we are a same sex male couple and without surrogacy we'd never achieve this dream.

• It should definitely be allowed!

Many couples have the issue of being unable to bear children. Gay couples, couples with health issues, even rich couples that just don't want to go through the birth process should be able to sign up for surrogacy. This seems a perfectly reasonable option and for women who NEED money AND fully consent to what they are signing up for, they can get paid large sums of money and make a couple very happy!

• Surrogate motherhood is a valuable option for parents who cannot bear children, and a good source of income.

The world is full of couples who want desperately to be parents, but cannot, for physical health reasons, as well as women who are healthy and capable of childbearing, but in need of some extra income. Surrogate motherhood is a great way to solve both problems at once. Especially in a time of high unemployment, it could be a life-saver for some people.

Posted by: RuthlessFreddie29
  • Yes, because if a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, then why not make a loved one?

If a woman has a choice of when and how she has children, then she has the right to make children she wants and can afford. We allow women to terminate pregnancies that are unwanted. We allow them to give away unwanted children through adoption. If a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, why not make a loved one? Why not allow a willing woman to carry her sterile sister's child? Why not allow an older woman to carry her infertile daughter's baby? As long as all parties consent, voluntary surrogacy is as much a woman's choice as abortion. Until there are viable and successful artificial wombs, surrogate motherhood is the only option for a biological family unit's creation in some cases. Why deny them that choice, when killing unwanted children is allowed?

Posted by: Pir4And
  • Surrogate motherhood should absolutely be allowed, because what women choose to do with their bodies is their own business.

What women choose to do with their bodies is their own personal business. Surrogate motherhood makes it possible for women who can't have children of their own to choose who they would like to carry their child. And if two consenting women come to the decision that this is the best option for them, it's no one's place to tell them they can't. Surrogate motherhood doesn't hurt anyone, and there is no reason to disallow it.

Posted by: R0g3rJo
  • At least it shouldn't be banned by a law

There are a lot of parents who can't have a child despite their eagerness to have children.
    If the desire who want to have a children and who want to be a surrogate mother can be matched, it's a wonderful thing. I do know there is a lot of people who can't embrace the idea of the surrogate motherhood, but also there is a lot of people who support the idea. People who don't want to do this thing or don't want to be a surrogate mother, just don't do or be. I think it's a sad thing that to make void the goodwill that want to support the couples who can't have babies.

• I believe that it is the right thing to do.

I feel this way because if you look at it this way, if you can't have a child and you really wanted one, you could use a surrogate and they will be delighted to give you their child because they want to help you be happy in life. From my experience, using a surrogate was delighting because they knew what I needed in my life to be happy. They will help you with the child. That is the reason I think that people that cannot have kids should use a surrogate.

• I am hoping to have a child through surrogacy

In response to Trainlock's comments about the number of unwanted children; in an ideal world all of us parents who cannot conceive or carry a child to full term would be approved for adoption and take care of one of those children, but sadly not everyone is approved and it can take years before you are told you are not approved. Alternatively even if you are approved you can go before the matching panel, be told you are due to be matched but more than 1 set of parents can be lined up as possible parents.....yet again you can fall at the final hurdle when the other couple are chosen over you. There is only so much heartache a person can take. Surrogacy, although it is a journey that needs a lot of research, I feel is a better option for us personally. It is very important to make sure all aspects of the journey have been discussed, particularly the emotional side and the welfare of the surrogate Mum is paramount while she is carrying the baby. Please not this is not intended as a retort to Trainlock's comment, just my own personal opinion.

• I am against surrogate motherhood because of the psychological damage it might be causing the parties involved.

While pregnant women form bonds with their unborn children often without even knowing they are doing so. Thus, once that bond is formed if it is broken there is going to be damage done the woman. She may not realize it at the time and may not notice it for years to come but it does take a toll on the psyche of the woman and without proper regulations such as mandatory counseling before and after I do not think it should be allowed.

Posted by: StavrM0w3r
  • While there are some advantages of surrogate motherhood, I think we should focus on taking care of all the children who are already here, and not able to enjoy the benefits of being part of a family.

On the surface, surrogate motherhood seems harmless. However, given the world's population, and the number of children who are unwanted, abused, or otherwise unable to live a healthy, happy life due to their circumstances, I feel it would be far better to focus on making those children's lives better. For infertile couples, I believe adoption of children who will otherwise not have parents is a far better solution that will not result in even more population growth.

Posted by: TrainLock
  • It is bad emotionally.

The surrogate mother will be attracted to the baby, so she would not in many cases want to give the baby back to the real mother. Also it cost a lot.
    It will be bad for the surrogate mother's own babies because they will be jealous and she won't have enough time to take care of them.

• It is bad emotionally.

The surrogate mother will be attracted to the baby, so she would not in many cases want to give the baby back to the real mother. Also it costs a lot. It will be bad for the babies of the surrogate mother because they will be jealous and she won't have enough time to take care of them.

• Because no, surrogate motherhood should not be allowed!

It's bad because it's illegal in some countries and that is not that good. We should adopt but we shall not do the surrogate because it is a bad thing. In the question of all, the surrogate mother can attach to the baby and could claim the baby of her property.

• No, there are too many legal ramifications.

Women who carry a child become very bonded to that child. For me personally, I feel there is something inherently wrong with the whole concept. I really don't understand people who feel so strongly about having to pass on their genes and bring yet one more human into this world that already has way too many people.

• No, it is harmful to the psyche of the woman impregnated with the child of another couple.

Surrogate carriers can experience negative psychological affects because the baby they are carrying doesn't belong to them and it is no small sacrifice to bear a child in your belly for 9 whole months. Naturally a woman will start to develop an attachment to that child. Another issue is the fact that the child is being separated from the loving lady who carried it the 9 months before their birth. That can't be good for the baby who will grow up to find out their mother never conceived them. Other issues concerning the surrogate mother's access to the child can come into play. And if they are denied access/parental rights because it is not their child then that can destroy a woman's mental state. The woman bearing the child will also experience negative physical effects and the pregnancy will not be easily forgotten when her body will not return to the shape it was before the pregnancy. This is no small issue.

• no it shouldn't

There are so many kids in the world who need adopted. What should happen is adoption should be made much easier and more affordable. There are too many psychological issues with surrogate motherhood. And let's not forget that some people hire a surrogate simply out of vanity... Not wanting to "ruin" their body. Are people like that really ready for a child if they're not willing to adopt one? It seems more like just wanting your own genes than wanting a child...

• I believe we need to be taking care of the children already there who need homes.

To me it is selfish that someone who has the desire for a child and cannot have one to not adopt one who needs a home already. There are to many kids out there like myself who need a family and cant have one because people are way to focused on having their own "blood". If someone wants a child, they should give a kid a chance that would not have one any other way.

• The reason is Love

If I was the child of a surrogate mother, I would feel sad that my life began as a result of my mother accepting money rather than a loving act between committed partners. Life should begin as an act of love not greed or need for money.
    I support adopting, through adoption a loving couple can give love to a child who may have otherwise never experienced that in their childhood.

TrinitHall.o says2017-01-16T09:16:27.767
http://theothersideofsurrogacy.blogspot.com/2014/06/rejection.html?m=1
Read these blogs by sad CHILDREN looking for SURGATE mom and blogging of how they rejected them or how their sperm father rejected them.
Here's one post from one poor kid.

JJ truthMay 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Children are never given a voice in this country as to the decisions, policies and behaviors that have and will directly effect them. This is because people really don't want to hear. Therefore they vilify and block out the voices of the adults who try to advocate for the best interests of children and their lives. Most adults care only about themselves and what's best for them. Its never thought through only what's good for the adults involved. No consideration is given to the well being of the child. I hope you resolve your situation and find the peace and closure you're looking for in this life. May God bless you in your journey and keep you well.