• I completely agree with Surrogate motherhood

I think that surrogate mothers should be allowed because if somebody can't have children they should still be able to raise a family of their own. To some people, having the same DNA as your child is very important. I believe that if someone is willing to be a surrogate mother to help somebody out, they should be able to. Also, gay people aren't able to have a baby with both of their DNA, so it would be nice to at least have one of the partners genes, and have the other legally adopt the child. If someone doesn't think they would be able to give away the baby after giving birth to them, they shouldn't of signed the contract, although there are now laws and they would have to give up the child to the other family.

• I believe surrogate motherhood should be allowed

I think surrogate motherhood should be allowed. It's giving a mother a chance to have a child that is biological to her, because she can't herself. Every woman should be given the chance to have her own child, just because she physically isn't able to shouldn't keep her away from being a parent. Yes, a woman can adopt a child, but some may want to be biological to a child and they should have that option. Genetically having a child that you've wanted would be a lot better then having one that isn't. Just because someone else is having the child for you doesn't mean it won't be loved as much, it will be loved even more because it's giving a woman a child that she couldn't have by herself. It isn't about the money, it's about giving the gift of love to a person who can't do that on their own. This is why surrogate motherhood should be allowed.

• I have a child through surrogacy!

Without surrogacy I would not have experienced the joys of parenthood. Unless you are in the terrible predicament of not being able to carry your own child you can never understand. We are in the UK and the surrogate mother cannot be paid here: so it is far from a money making business. To top it all off we are a same sex male couple and without surrogacy we'd never achieve this dream.

• It should definitely be allowed!

Many couples have the issue of being unable to bear children. Gay couples, couples with health issues, even rich couples that just don't want to go through the birth process should be able to sign up for surrogacy. This seems a perfectly reasonable option and for women who NEED money AND fully consent to what they are signing up for, they can get paid large sums of money and make a couple very happy!

• Surrogate motherhood is a valuable option for parents who cannot bear children, and a good source of income.

The world is full of couples who want desperately to be parents, but cannot, for physical health reasons, as well as women who are healthy and capable of childbearing, but in need of some extra income. Surrogate motherhood is a great way to solve both problems at once. Especially in a time of high unemployment, it could be a life-saver for some people.

Posted by: RuthlessFreddie29
  • Yes, because if a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, then why not make a loved one?

If a woman has a choice of when and how she has children, then she has the right to make children she wants and can afford. We allow women to terminate pregnancies that are unwanted. We allow them to give away unwanted children through adoption. If a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, why not make a loved one? Why not allow a willing woman to carry her sterile sister's child? Why not allow an older woman to carry her infertile daughter's baby? As long as all parties consent, voluntary surrogacy is as much a woman's choice as abortion. Until there are viable and successful artificial wombs, surrogate motherhood is the only option for a biological family unit's creation in some cases. Why deny them that choice, when killing unwanted children is allowed?

Posted by: Pir4And
  • Surrogate motherhood should absolutely be allowed, because what women choose to do with their bodies is their own business.

What women choose to do with their bodies is their own personal business. Surrogate motherhood makes it possible for women who can't have children of their own to choose who they would like to carry their child. And if two consenting women come to the decision that this is the best option for them, it's no one's place to tell them they can't. Surrogate motherhood doesn't hurt anyone, and there is no reason to disallow it.

Posted by: R0g3rJo
  • At least it shouldn't be banned by a law

There are a lot of parents who can't have a child despite their eagerness to have children.
    If the desire who want to have a children and who want to be a surrogate mother can be matched, it's a wonderful thing. I do know there is a lot of people who can't embrace the idea of the surrogate motherhood, but also there is a lot of people who support the idea. People who don't want to do this thing or don't want to be a surrogate mother, just don't do or be. I think it's a sad thing that to make void the goodwill that want to support the couples who can't have babies.

• I believe that it is the right thing to do.

I feel this way because if you look at it this way, if you can't have a child and you really wanted one, you could use a surrogate and they will be delighted to give you their child because they want to help you be happy in life. From my experience, using a surrogate was delighting because they knew what I needed in my life to be happy. They will help you with the child. That is the reason I think that people that cannot have kids should use a surrogate.

• I am hoping to have a child through surrogacy

In response to Trainlock's comments about the number of unwanted children; in an ideal world all of us parents who cannot conceive or carry a child to full term would be approved for adoption and take care of one of those children, but sadly not everyone is approved and it can take years before you are told you are not approved. Alternatively even if you are approved you can go before the matching panel, be told you are due to be matched but more than 1 set of parents can be lined up as possible parents.....yet again you can fall at the final hurdle when the other couple are chosen over you. There is only so much heartache a person can take. Surrogacy, although it is a journey that needs a lot of research, I feel is a better option for us personally. It is very important to make sure all aspects of the journey have been discussed, particularly the emotional side and the welfare of the surrogate Mum is paramount while she is carrying the baby. Please not this is not intended as a retort to Trainlock's comment, just my own personal opinion.

• It's not right

I feel these women were not able to conceive for a reason. I guess survival of the fittest has gone out the window. We are ruining the future of our species and while we may not see the effects today the consequences of practices such as these will soon make themselves present.

• Surrogacy leads to a entire minefield of issues

Firstly, surrogacy affirms the argument that children are made commodities by artificial means. No one can deny the pains of infertility, but surrogacy makes having a child seem as like picking a product. By bearing a child, one develops obvious emotional connection to it, and this early love for a child cannot be easily substituted. I believe that if one is to take into account the child's well being, surrogacy can ensure a lack of early intimacy between mother and child. Legally also surrogacy complicates rights over the child, which also affirms the view of child commodification. A child is not something that should ever be fought over, but brought up in a loving and nurturing environment. I don't deny however the reality that one does not have to give birth to or show any relation to a child to be a great parent. It is the room for complication that steers me from surrogacy.

• Think of the children...

Sure it may seem like a good thing, helping families who can't have children to have children, but doesn't anyone even think about the children? There are plenty of testimonies by donor-conceived children, including surrogacy, who talk about confusion, stress, psychological/emotional issues resulting from their learning of the circumstances that led to their birth... Adults need to stop being so selfish about having children, wanting family, especially if it's at the expense of the children.

• I believe we need to be taking care of the children already there who need homes.

To me it is selfish that someone who has the desire for a child and cannot have one to not adopt one who needs a home already. There are to many kids out there like myself who need a family and cant have one because people are way to focused on having their own "blood". If someone wants a child, they should give a kid a chance that would not have one any other way.

• No, because there are already far too many unfortunate children that could highly benefit from being adopted by infertile couples.

I think it's awful to find ways to trick Mother Nature into passing defective genes, child could end up having the same infertility complications as the biological parents for what it's worth. I would never agree to have a zygote with foreign genes that have absolutely nothing to do with me be implanted inside my uterus, even if I needed the money. I think its sick and twisted and goes against the laws of nature. Human beings come up with the craziest things and have to use emotion to justify their actions. The parents are selfish, they will do whatever it takes to have their children physically look like them. They can't find it in their hearts to love an adopted child from a third world country/poor family. They have to bring another woman into this who probably needs the money but it's going to leave an impact on her. Money can't buy you sanity.

• Women are not commodities to be bought and used

A women is made to bond with the baby that grows inside her, any women who does not bond with a child that is inside her for 9 months or longer is mentally ill and is not able to enter into a legal contract. The child that she has growing in her also suffers for the lack of this connection. It's child abuse to do so. Many instances of hetro women who don't bond with their children in the womb and they have had to seek help.

• Surrogacy leads to an entire minefield of issues.

There are many problems with surrogacy and it lead to severe exploitation of those being used as surrogates. This is because those that are the surrogates are usually in a lower pay bracket to those that are the intended parents of the baby. This is all that i have to say on the topic

• It is bad emotionally.

The surrogate mother will be attracted to the baby, so she would not in many cases want to give the baby back to the real mother. Also it costs a lot. It will be bad for the babies of the surrogate mother because they will be jealous and she won't have enough time to take care of them.

• The reason is Love

If I was the child of a surrogate mother, I would feel sad that my life began as a result of my mother accepting money rather than a loving act between committed partners. Life should begin as an act of love not greed or need for money.
    I support adopting, through adoption a loving couple can give love to a child who may have otherwise never experienced that in their childhood.

• While there are some advantages of surrogate motherhood, I think we should focus on taking care of all the children who are already here, and not able to enjoy the benefits of being part of a family.

On the surface, surrogate motherhood seems harmless. However, given the world's population, and the number of children who are unwanted, abused, or otherwise unable to live a healthy, happy life due to their circumstances, I feel it would be far better to focus on making those children's lives better. For infertile couples, I believe adoption of children who will otherwise not have parents is a far better solution that will not result in even more population growth.

Posted by: TrainLock

TrinitHall.o says2017-01-16T09:16:27.767
http://theothersideofsurrogacy.blogspot.com/2014/06/rejection.html?m=1
Read these blogs by sad CHILDREN looking for SURGATE mom and blogging of how they rejected them or how their sperm father rejected them.
Here's one post from one poor kid.

JJ truthMay 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Children are never given a voice in this country as to the decisions, policies and behaviors that have and will directly effect them. This is because people really don't want to hear. Therefore they vilify and block out the voices of the adults who try to advocate for the best interests of children and their lives. Most adults care only about themselves and what's best for them. Its never thought through only what's good for the adults involved. No consideration is given to the well being of the child. I hope you resolve your situation and find the peace and closure you're looking for in this life. May God bless you in your journey and keep you well.