• I completely agree with Surrogate motherhood

I think that surrogate mothers should be allowed because if somebody can't have children they should still be able to raise a family of their own. To some people, having the same DNA as your child is very important. I believe that if someone is willing to be a surrogate mother to help somebody out, they should be able to. Also, gay people aren't able to have a baby with both of their DNA, so it would be nice to at least have one of the partners genes, and have the other legally adopt the child. If someone doesn't think they would be able to give away the baby after giving birth to them, they shouldn't of signed the contract, although there are now laws and they would have to give up the child to the other family.

• I believe surrogate motherhood should be allowed

I think surrogate motherhood should be allowed. It's giving a mother a chance to have a child that is biological to her, because she can't herself. Every woman should be given the chance to have her own child, just because she physically isn't able to shouldn't keep her away from being a parent. Yes, a woman can adopt a child, but some may want to be biological to a child and they should have that option. Genetically having a child that you've wanted would be a lot better then having one that isn't. Just because someone else is having the child for you doesn't mean it won't be loved as much, it will be loved even more because it's giving a woman a child that she couldn't have by herself. It isn't about the money, it's about giving the gift of love to a person who can't do that on their own. This is why surrogate motherhood should be allowed.

• I have a child through surrogacy!

Without surrogacy I would not have experienced the joys of parenthood. Unless you are in the terrible predicament of not being able to carry your own child you can never understand. We are in the UK and the surrogate mother cannot be paid here: so it is far from a money making business. To top it all off we are a same sex male couple and without surrogacy we'd never achieve this dream.

• It should definitely be allowed!

Many couples have the issue of being unable to bear children. Gay couples, couples with health issues, even rich couples that just don't want to go through the birth process should be able to sign up for surrogacy. This seems a perfectly reasonable option and for women who NEED money AND fully consent to what they are signing up for, they can get paid large sums of money and make a couple very happy!

• Surrogate motherhood is a valuable option for parents who cannot bear children, and a good source of income.

The world is full of couples who want desperately to be parents, but cannot, for physical health reasons, as well as women who are healthy and capable of childbearing, but in need of some extra income. Surrogate motherhood is a great way to solve both problems at once. Especially in a time of high unemployment, it could be a life-saver for some people.

Posted by: RuthlessFreddie29
  • Yes, because if a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, then why not make a loved one?

If a woman has a choice of when and how she has children, then she has the right to make children she wants and can afford. We allow women to terminate pregnancies that are unwanted. We allow them to give away unwanted children through adoption. If a woman can choose to kill an inconvenient child, why not make a loved one? Why not allow a willing woman to carry her sterile sister's child? Why not allow an older woman to carry her infertile daughter's baby? As long as all parties consent, voluntary surrogacy is as much a woman's choice as abortion. Until there are viable and successful artificial wombs, surrogate motherhood is the only option for a biological family unit's creation in some cases. Why deny them that choice, when killing unwanted children is allowed?

Posted by: Pir4And
  • Surrogate motherhood should absolutely be allowed, because what women choose to do with their bodies is their own business.

What women choose to do with their bodies is their own personal business. Surrogate motherhood makes it possible for women who can't have children of their own to choose who they would like to carry their child. And if two consenting women come to the decision that this is the best option for them, it's no one's place to tell them they can't. Surrogate motherhood doesn't hurt anyone, and there is no reason to disallow it.

Posted by: R0g3rJo
  • At least it shouldn't be banned by a law

There are a lot of parents who can't have a child despite their eagerness to have children.
    If the desire who want to have a children and who want to be a surrogate mother can be matched, it's a wonderful thing. I do know there is a lot of people who can't embrace the idea of the surrogate motherhood, but also there is a lot of people who support the idea. People who don't want to do this thing or don't want to be a surrogate mother, just don't do or be. I think it's a sad thing that to make void the goodwill that want to support the couples who can't have babies.

• I believe that it is the right thing to do.

I feel this way because if you look at it this way, if you can't have a child and you really wanted one, you could use a surrogate and they will be delighted to give you their child because they want to help you be happy in life. From my experience, using a surrogate was delighting because they knew what I needed in my life to be happy. They will help you with the child. That is the reason I think that people that cannot have kids should use a surrogate.

• I am hoping to have a child through surrogacy

In response to Trainlock's comments about the number of unwanted children; in an ideal world all of us parents who cannot conceive or carry a child to full term would be approved for adoption and take care of one of those children, but sadly not everyone is approved and it can take years before you are told you are not approved. Alternatively even if you are approved you can go before the matching panel, be told you are due to be matched but more than 1 set of parents can be lined up as possible parents.....yet again you can fall at the final hurdle when the other couple are chosen over you. There is only so much heartache a person can take. Surrogacy, although it is a journey that needs a lot of research, I feel is a better option for us personally. It is very important to make sure all aspects of the journey have been discussed, particularly the emotional side and the welfare of the surrogate Mum is paramount while she is carrying the baby. Please not this is not intended as a retort to Trainlock's comment, just my own personal opinion.

• Human beings cannot be bought and sold

No woman should sign over her baby before it is born. She has no idea how she will feel about giving that baby up before she has given birth to it. The baby has the right to know its mother. If I tried to sell my child I would be arrested. We should not trade in human beings and even when surrogacy is done altruistically it is wrong

• Absolutely not acceptable

It affects the mother's health and could cause dangers for the baby such as death, molar pregnancy, placental abruption and surrogates behaviour. You willlnever know what the surrogate mother is doing .... Smoking, alcohol, drugs that could damage the baby. Besides so many kids in foster care are waiting for a family that would care for them so why go through surrogacy?????

• Absolutely not acceptable

• Absolutely not acceptable

• Absolutely not acceptable

• Absolutely not acceptable

• I don't feel this is right

.....Because its like a couple renting a woman's womb to have a child of their own when there are so many children that are adoptable, even though it is nice to have a child of your own, there are so many children that would love to be adopted and bought into your home as your own to be loved as your own.

• I don't feel this is right

• Surrogacy tampers with the most basic of human needs and puts the well being of any future society at great risk.

However well meaning surrogacy appears to be, it never-the-less accepts the premise that a little human being can be "acquired" by advertisement or business like agreement in order to satisfy the emotional needs of another person or persons. This is now being taken up at an alarming rate - boosted by celebrities, amongst others, proudly presenting children they have claimed "ownership" of, while the fact that these children have been deliberately robbed of one natural parent is completely overlooked. What sort of a society are we becoming? Medical advancement has provided a way to do this but the emotional cost is inestimable and something no medical expertise will be capable of correcting in years to come. How can any Government or Court of Human Rights uphold this practise? Surely it is a flagrant abuse of the power they possess. I am deeply saddened by the fact that I hear no strong voices taking up the cause of these infants who have no voice.

• Only for the ultra RICH

"$200,000 gets you a baby of your very own! No pregnancy pains here! No bodies ruined here! Step right up! No man, no problem! Simply choose the perfect man in the catalog to be the father of your child. We have plenty of women who need the $15,000 and would love to carry your baby to term for you. Don'y pay any attention to the millions of parent-less children called orphans, they are too old to be adopted. You want a baby! In your own likeness! STEP RIGHT UP!!!!!!"

TrinitHall.o says2017-01-16T09:16:27.767
http://theothersideofsurrogacy.blogspot.com/2014/06/rejection.html?m=1
Read these blogs by sad CHILDREN looking for SURGATE mom and blogging of how they rejected them or how their sperm father rejected them.
Here's one post from one poor kid.

JJ truthMay 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Children are never given a voice in this country as to the decisions, policies and behaviors that have and will directly effect them. This is because people really don't want to hear. Therefore they vilify and block out the voices of the adults who try to advocate for the best interests of children and their lives. Most adults care only about themselves and what's best for them. Its never thought through only what's good for the adults involved. No consideration is given to the well being of the child. I hope you resolve your situation and find the peace and closure you're looking for in this life. May God bless you in your journey and keep you well.