Should syncretism be thought of as a positive factor in a society's religious beliefs?

• A Positive Factor

I personally think that Syncretism is defined as the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought. I believe this process can be thought of as a positive factor in a society's religious beliefs, but it isn't always. People and organizations sometimes don't want to change the tenets of their religion and this can make it difficult to guard against that problem.

• Everything is related.

Syncretism should be thought of as a positive factor in a society's religious beliefs. This is because what we often feel is unrelated turns out to be related. Events we didn't think had anything to do with each other often come together to result in success or failure, basically complementing each other.

• It Can Be

Syncretism is defined as the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought. I believe this process can be thought of as a positive factor in a society's religious beliefs, but it isn't always. People and organizations sometimes don't want to change the tenets of their religion and this can make it difficult to guard against that problem.

• Yes, syncretism should be thought of as a positive factor in today's religious beliefs.

I think the idea of combining all reglious beliefs into one collective thought is something that people of all faiths should look at as a positive thing. The religious should not look at it some kind of threat to their particular belief, but something that is a means of trying to bridge the gap between religions.

• I think syncretism is not usually a positive factor.

In the past, syncretism has been used to control and destroy a native belief system by absorbing parts of it into the more powerful society's religion. Christianity changed as pagan people were absorbed and conquered by Christian powers, thus giving us the "Christian" holidays of Christmas and Easter for example.