Should Tablets and iPads replace textbooks in schools?

Asked by: neonpokharkar
  • We need iPads in school.

We need iPads in school because they are helpfull to fin information and class work and to do prjects.IPods help students and even teachers for the techers they can see the latter grades for the students and even the students can see there grades and they will know how to macke it better.

• We Should Have it!

I Would Love That. First of all,I feel like textbooks in school are too big. They seem overwhelming and too big to read. One of my textbooks for Civics is 600+ Pages Big. Also,I am a big Fan of Technology,so this would engage me more in learning than I have even been. :)
    That would be Awesome.

• I Would Love That.

First of all,I feel like textbooks in school are too big. They seem overwhelming and too big to read. One of my textbooks for Civics is 600+ Pages Big. Also,I am a big Fan of Technology,so this would engage me more in learning than I have even been. :)
    That would be Awesome.

• Tablets should replace textbooks!!

The average tablet contains anywhere from 8 to 64 gigabytes (GB) of storage space. On the Amazon Kindle Fire, for instance, 1,000 books take up one GB of space. According to a 2012 report from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), K-12 school districts spend more than $8 billion per year on textbooks. E-textbooks can save schools between $250-$1,000 per student per year.Tablet prices also continue to drop, making them increasingly affordable. Tablets cost on average $489 in 2011, $386 in 2012, and are projected to cost $263 in 2015.Pediatricians and chiropractors recommend that students carry less than 15% of their body weight in a backpack, but the combined average weight of textbooks in History, Mathematics, Science, and Reading/Language Arts exceeds this percentage at nearly all grade levels from 1-12.Schools will not have to constantly purchase new hardware, software, or new physical copies of textbooks. FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said that "too many students are using books that are 7-10 years old with outdated material." Tablets are especially beneficial for subjects that constantly change, such as biology or computer science. A school with 100 teachers uses on average 250,000 pieces of paper annually.A school of 1,000 students on average spends between $3,000-4,000 a month on paper, ink, and toner, not counting printer wear and tear or technical support costs.So tablets should be used in schools

• No for tablets instead of textbooks

No because if the tablet doesn't work the notes the child took will be on his textbook. Tablets always bug so if a child has all his notes on it they might all disappear and he will have to rewrite them all.
    That is why I think tablets should only be used to research info...