Should tablets replace textbooks in K-12 schools?

• Yes it has more potential

If we had tablets instead of textbooks, we would have more trees and we would waste any paper if the tablet got damaged. Although the tablet will at one point break and have to pay for it, it is much better than having to order more books and waste more trees!

• IDK what side

Yes, they are cutting down trees, but they can cheat from the tablets. Literally you search up "calculator" and there is a calculator! But then they can damage their eyes and lose eyesight.So what do you think cause IDK WHAT SIDE .... Please help me on a side because I am getting frustrated .....

• No, because tablets are bad for your health

Staring at an electric device for too long can cause long-term eye damage and uncomfortability in the body and brain, known as Computer Vision Syndrome. The human eye is essential in our everyday life, without vision, the inconveniences in our life would increase by a tenfold. When a child was to be exposed in front of a screen when they’re small, the chances of being permanently attached to glasses, and may further result in losing their eyesight. We were luckily given the ability to see, and there are a lot of people in our world who longed to see but was not able to, and people are wasting their vision on computers when other people would gladly use it as their tool. As for why tablets shouldn’t be used in schools.

• Yes they should.

Bruh I'm just tryna play some video games chill. Like I give a damn about actually reading a textbook. Be real, whether its a book or tablets, we're gonna find some way to screw around and not do our work so might as well go earth friendly and buy tablets and leave the responsibility up to us damn

• Tablets Help Students Learn Faster

Tablets help students learn 30-80% faster using technology
    Also this website helps a lot with researching this http://tablets-textbooks.procon.org They help students learn faster because they keep students focused and not distracted, or bored in class.

Y D O I N E E D T O P U T S O M A N Y W O R D S

Also none of the stuff in the pros ins helpful at all

• Cause 9/11 BRUH

9/11 jklfj djk jfil;j sdfklj askldj kljdsk djk ikd kd jk jk jj j kj kj k i kj kj kj k jk ak jk jk k jk jk j kj kj kj k jk jk kkjkj k jk jk jk jk jkjkjkjkjKJKJ J KJ K JKJJK JK JK JKJKJ

• Because 9 11

911 klfjgl;zsdkjgiosuaeriujoi dfiogsjldfj lkdfjg klfj klsdj flgj sdklfgj klsdjfgklsj fklj fkj k jfkj fkjfkds jklfj kldfj kldj fkj kf kf gkf jkjgfk fjkj fkj ffj kfj kf jkfj kf jfk jfkj fkj fkfj fj kf jkf fk fkj fk jfkj fkfjk fj fj kf jk fjkfj kfj fk fkj fkj fk

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

Lot's of trees are being cut for the paper used for the textbooks if tablets are used, tree's being cut every year will be reduced. And also yeyeyeyeyyeyeyess ye yy y ey ye y ye ye yeye yes ey ye ess yys yssyysysseyesyeyesyeyy e yey sey esysyesey eyey syeey eys

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Should tablets replace textbooks in K-12 schools?

I’m going to argue that they should not replace books with tablets because kids are not going to do what they need to be doing or their going to try to play games and get on social network sites, and tablets are also easy to break and cost a lot of money. I’ll use evidence from ProCon.Org to support my ideas. I will finish my essay draft by January, 22, 2015. Thank you in advance for your help on this project.

. I’m going to argue that they should not replace books with tablets because kids are not going to do what they need to be doing or their going to try to play games and get on social network sites, and tablets are also easy to break and cost a lot of money. I’ll use evidence from ProCon.Org to support my ideas. I will finish my essay draft by January, 22, 2015. Thank you in advance for your help on this project.

• Limiting & Useless

From my P.O.V, I think that allowing kids to use in school is like limiting the use of even being in school. Everyone knows that there are A LOT of irresponsible students that like to be jerks, and break things. If the tablet is broken, than not only does the school have to pay a lot of money, but then the parents have to get involved as well. When just going the old-fashion way, you can always just fix the book immediately. Tablets can get hacked, broken, or just freeze, You don't have to worry about textbooks being hacked, being broken, or the books freezing. Because it can't, its just a book. Kids can get distracted while reading, or doing the work on that device. The teacher would be limiting the use of the mind, and taking away the point of even having the textbooks.

• Tablets are hurting our children

Using tablets in school can cause "Computer Vision Syndrome." Computer Vision Syndrome may cause eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision and dried eyes. Moreover, tablets need constant charging and can be hacked. Tablets can also freeze and cause viruses. In addition, students can cheat on their homework by searching up the answers. They can also cut corners. Additionally, tablets are more likely to be stolen than textbooks.

• Tablets are a distraction to growing children...

Ask a parent why he bought his child a tablet, and 'to entertain him' is likely to be the answer. Tablets, while useful for adults and mature high schoolers, are not the answer for K-10 students. There are far too many ways to get off track or 'cop out' on what an assignment tells a student to do. Young children, especially in elementary schools, do not have the ability to communicate face to face like high schoolers do. School is one of the ways which this face-to-face communication is developed. With the overarching application of tablets for every student, the interpersonal communication aspect of schooling may be dumbed down or lost completely.
    In fact, I am currently a student in high school, and my Physics class is nearly completely online. Though I know I can't speak for all digital classes, I not only have to monitor my online 'worksheets' on WebAssign, but use several other websites for the various homework or lab assignments I am given every other night. I feel that, in my case, the lack of a text book (and its weight) in no way compensates for the stress homework scavenger-hunts cause me.
    If we really wanted to change our schools for the better, we would hire teachers who actually teach instead of relegating an app on a tablet to do so for them.

• Tablets should not replace textbooks in K-12 schools due to the costs involved, and the fragileness of them in comparison to how rough students handle the objects.

We have all been in school once, and you may have noticed textbooks see a lot of wear and tear, now imagine how well that goes with a costly fragile piece of electronics that a student would be using on a regular basis. In essence it would end up not working or being in a high state of disrepair quite fast along with costing far more money than a textbook.

• IDK what side

• IDK what side