Should tablets replace textbooks in K-12 schools?

• Cause 9/11 BRUH

9/11 jklfj djk jfil;j sdfklj askldj kljdsk djk ikd kd jk jk jj j kj kj k i kj kj kj k jk ak jk jk k jk jk j kj kj kj k jk jk kkjkj k jk jk jk jk jkjkjkjkjKJKJ J KJ K JKJJK JK JK JKJKJ

• Because 9 11

911 klfjgl;zsdkjgiosuaeriujoi dfiogsjldfj lkdfjg klfj klsdj flgj sdklfgj klsdjfgklsj fklj fkj k jfkj fkjfkds jklfj kldfj kldj fkj kf kf gkf jkjgfk fjkj fkj ffj kfj kf jkfj kf jfk jfkj fkj fkfj fj kf jkf fk fkj fk jfkj fkfjk fj fj kf jk fjkfj kfj fk fkj fkj fk

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

Lot's of trees are being cut for the paper used for the textbooks if tablets are used, tree's being cut every year will be reduced. And also yeyeyeyeyyeyeyess ye yy y ey ye y ye ye yeye yes ey ye ess yys yssyysysseyesyeyesyeyy e yey sey esysyesey eyey syeey eys

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Yes it should it is earth friendly

• Should tablets replace textbooks in K-12 schools?

I’m going to argue that they should not replace books with tablets because kids are not going to do what they need to be doing or their going to try to play games and get on social network sites, and tablets are also easy to break and cost a lot of money. I’ll use evidence from ProCon.Org to support my ideas. I will finish my essay draft by January, 22, 2015. Thank you in advance for your help on this project.

. I’m going to argue that they should not replace books with tablets because kids are not going to do what they need to be doing or their going to try to play games and get on social network sites, and tablets are also easy to break and cost a lot of money. I’ll use evidence from ProCon.Org to support my ideas. I will finish my essay draft by January, 22, 2015. Thank you in advance for your help on this project.

• Limiting & Useless

From my P.O.V, I think that allowing kids to use in school is like limiting the use of even being in school. Everyone knows that there are A LOT of irresponsible students that like to be jerks, and break things. If the tablet is broken, than not only does the school have to pay a lot of money, but then the parents have to get involved as well. When just going the old-fashion way, you can always just fix the book immediately. Tablets can get hacked, broken, or just freeze, You don't have to worry about textbooks being hacked, being broken, or the books freezing. Because it can't, its just a book. Kids can get distracted while reading, or doing the work on that device. The teacher would be limiting the use of the mind, and taking away the point of even having the textbooks.

• Tablets are hurting our children

Using tablets in school can cause "Computer Vision Syndrome." Computer Vision Syndrome may cause eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision and dried eyes. Moreover, tablets need constant charging and can be hacked. Tablets can also freeze and cause viruses. In addition, students can cheat on their homework by searching up the answers. They can also cut corners. Additionally, tablets are more likely to be stolen than textbooks.

• Tablets are a distraction to growing children...

Ask a parent why he bought his child a tablet, and 'to entertain him' is likely to be the answer. Tablets, while useful for adults and mature high schoolers, are not the answer for K-10 students. There are far too many ways to get off track or 'cop out' on what an assignment tells a student to do. Young children, especially in elementary schools, do not have the ability to communicate face to face like high schoolers do. School is one of the ways which this face-to-face communication is developed. With the overarching application of tablets for every student, the interpersonal communication aspect of schooling may be dumbed down or lost completely.
    In fact, I am currently a student in high school, and my Physics class is nearly completely online. Though I know I can't speak for all digital classes, I not only have to monitor my online 'worksheets' on WebAssign, but use several other websites for the various homework or lab assignments I am given every other night. I feel that, in my case, the lack of a text book (and its weight) in no way compensates for the stress homework scavenger-hunts cause me.
    If we really wanted to change our schools for the better, we would hire teachers who actually teach instead of relegating an app on a tablet to do so for them.

• Tablets should not replace textbooks in K-12 schools due to the costs involved, and the fragileness of them in comparison to how rough students handle the objects.

We have all been in school once, and you may have noticed textbooks see a lot of wear and tear, now imagine how well that goes with a costly fragile piece of electronics that a student would be using on a regular basis. In essence it would end up not working or being in a high state of disrepair quite fast along with costing far more money than a textbook.

• Textbooks are easier to use

I like textbooks a lot and i am dissipointed about the online textbooks. I oppose it also because you need to log in and you have to do all that comfusing catagoriding. A lot of studens are also playing games instead of doing the homework assignment and they don't turn it in and they get an F

• NO!!! Of course we shouldn't have tablets replace textbooks

Having tablets replace in my opinion is one of the worst ideas America have ever had!! I agree with what ppl have been saying, but there are other reasons too! Like cyber bullying. It would make it even easier for kids to cyber bully others if everyone had access to a tablet. Social media has ruined America. (in my opinion)social media has been the cause of kids being less social. All kids want to do now is go on instagram and post selfies or get on twitter and talk rudely about other ppl. Does that sound like the type of ppl equipped to run this country? It doesn't sound like that to me.

• No telling what the person is doing

With tablet replacing books in schools there's no telling what the kid is doing like little kids, they could be playing games all day and learn nothing. The older kids like high school students [ I am a high school student and am speaking in the perspective of a high school student] they will be emailing, social media, via facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr, and hundreds more. The other reason that tablets shouldn't be allowed in public schools is porn. There are ads EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! All you have to do is click on it. And I saw one person say cheating. [that's a good one]

• Tablets can never replace books

The power of textbooks can never be compared to tablets. Textbooks enhance our imagination power which tablets can never do. Textbooks make us think over the text, strain our mind into the text, make our minds to concentrate, which tablets can never ever do. Replacing textbooks with the technology can be disastrous for the mankind.