• They Should Have Been A Long Time Ago

Tanning beds need to be banned Tanning your skin is unhealthy and can lead to complications later in life. These places are encouraging bad lifestyle habits and that is wrong. If you want to get a tan, go out and lay in the sun. It's bad but not as bad as tanning beds.

• Yes, they are racist and sexist! We should ban this ASAP! Also, you could just do it when summer comes.

RACIST: I strongly believe that tanning beds must be banned! People with lighter skin have higher risk of burning in such a device (example: Caucasian, American, many Asians) than those with darker skin (example: Asian-Indian, Amerindian, African American). No fair! African Americans could brag about this, leading to the Americans feeling jealous, which could lead to them having extremely low self-esteem, which could get them to hurt themselves via suicide attempts. No more revenge on segregation!

SEXIST: Women could get birth defects¹, not just trauma (example: melanoma and other cancers) which could harm the developing baby inside the mom's womb. Men may brag about this, ultimately leading to suicidal thoughts!²

¹California Proposition 65 Warning - This product could contain chemicals known to the state of California (California is in the United States) to cause cancer (like cigarettes), birth defects (like alcohol), or other reproductive harm.

²Bullying can cause low self esteem. Low self-esteem can cause depression, and depression can cause self-harm.³ You are more likely to get teased if you have a disability, you look different, or if you are homeless. This is why homeless people often get hurt.

³Self-harm is a suicide attempt.

• I think it should be banned

Because it gives u skin cancer and could kill u melanoma can kill u and u can die so stop tanning DO NOT TAN PEOPLE u can die please stop it should be banned not limited. Please stop the skin cancer peopke u look fine the way you are u are beautiful.

• I think it should be banned

• Yes, They Should Be Banned!

The risk of getting Melanoma (WHICH IS THE MOST DANGEROUS SKIN CANCER OUT THERE!) gets higher every time you use a tanning bed, no matter what age you are. I lost a beloved neighbor to Melanoma, and I can't bare to see another family to go through what this family went through. So please, stop using indoor tanning beds for good!

• Yes...It should definite be banned

The damage caused by tanning can lead to wrinkles, brown spots and lax skin and there’s a high chance that it can result in skin cancer. In fact, people who first use a tanning bed before the age of 35 increase their risk for melanoma by 75%. Luckily, the UV radiation does not infiltrate deep into the body, so there’s little or no risk to internal organs, sperms or an embryo.

• It gives you cancer

It Just does and ledledleldlelelelelelellelelelelelelelelelelelelele kmdimdomclckmckmcknck cj j JC j djndj DJ DJ DJ DJ JD JD DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ DJ JD JD JD JD JD JD DJ DJ djnjd JD jdnj DJ DJ DJ DJ d

• Immoral for people to profit over harming people,and profiting those who are blind that tanning is actually damage to your skin.

Stop killing your self with your insecurities about your looks with tanning beds. No one should give themselves long term skin cancer over hating how they look,and no business should profit over harming people's skin by causing skin aging,skin cancer,etc. Overall, tanning bed business is a immoral practice in the 21st century.

• Honestly you wish

Tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter tan lives matter

• Because it gives you cancer

Do not use sunbeds as they are unhealthy for your skin and could kill you at a young age sunbeds age your skin and you are going to use them to make yourself look good but you are just looking bad and bader every time you do it so stop before you get addicted

• Nooooo on o nononono n

Noooo non no non non no n on o non on o no n on no n on o n o no n on o no n o no o n o no n on o no n on o no n o no n o no no no no

• Honestly you wish

• Honestly you wish

• Because stuf is cool

Because i like to to that no should be no banning on this i love tanningjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjfi dfdvnvf nj j k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k

• Its not the states choice how I live my life

Tanning should be regulated with people who have weak skin or are abusing it but if a person wants to tan once and while to get a nice tan, they should be able too because its not fair for the state to tell people what to do. The constitution gives us certain rights and when the state takes them away from people, many people will get angry. Like me.

• It shouldn't be a lawmakers decision

Whether or not tanning beds are bad for you, it should be the parents responsibility to decide whether it's okay for their child to tan. Us, citizens are not brain dead, we can make informed decisions on our own. It truly infuriates me at the thought that lawmakers have SUCH a strong control over what we do. They shouldn't have a say. Like I said it should be up to the parents. I also don't think tanning in moderation is bad for you. It's the tanorexics that get melenoma. Furthermore, the majority of pepole that use tanning beds are very white people with possibly many moles. Those people shouldmt be near a tanning bed. I'm hispanic so me, and my family tan quite easily, and we are less likely to get cancer. The lighter your skin type the larger chance of you getting cancer. Lastly, tanning beds shouldn't be banned, and we should have the right to make our own decisions.

• No proof for the cons of a tanning bed.

There is actually no solid proof that tanning causes skin cancer. Yes, there is proof that UV light increases the RISK of cancer, but not that tanning in a tanning bed directly causes skin cancers such as melanoma. I do believe they should be regulated because people abuse them, and become addicted to them. But banning them is way too extreme. People are warned about the risks beforehand, so it's up to them. Unless it starts affecting others, it shouldn't matter. You don't like tanning beds? Congratulations. Don't use them. Leave others out of your petty arguments though. Bring me solid proof that if you tan you are GUARANTEED to get skin cancer, and I will spread the word. Otherwise, I see no problem with people wanting to use them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and this is just one of many topics where people jump all over those who oppose their beliefs.

• Vanity is merely stupid, not harmful.

If tanning beds are used correctly, there is minimal to no damage done to the body of the person being tanned. While I have no problem for limiting the use of tanning beds to adults only, I think banning them completely is a bit absurd. I don't know why in this day and age you would want to look like you've been working outside all day, but I don't think it should be illegal.

• No, They Are Stupid But Should Be Legal

Tanning beds are completely stupid and the people who use them are probably shallow, superficial, and ignorant. However, as long as they are informed, consenting adults they should be allowed to use tanning beds. If they knowingly take the risk, then it is their right to use those services and products.

• Use should be limited, but not banned.

If people want to be tan badly enough, they will just go lay in direct sunlight ( much more potent than tanning beds). There are risks involved in tanning in tanning beds, but there are also risks involved in the alternative. UV radiation from tanning beds is safer than UV radiation from the sun, but it becomes dangerous when women spend excessive amounts of time in them. Time spent in these salons should be monitored, recorded, and limited.