• Yes! (well....the same percentage at least)

A flat tax is the only 'fair' tax system. A progressive tax system is unjust to those who are wealthy whereas a regressive tax system is unjust to the poor. A flat tax ensures that everyone is paying the same percentage of their income. This simplifies the tax code for everyone.

• This system would be easier to understand.

Taxes should be the same for everyone. They should at least be the same percentage of an individual's income. This would be a much more equitable way for the government to get its operating funds, and individuals would better be able to estimate how much they'd have to pay annually. Our current system is very difficult to understand for the average citizen. Having a flat tax rate would greatly simplify the entire system.

• Simple is better.

I agree with what the above comment said. Not only would taxes be easier to understand, it would also (hopefully) reduce the amount of people necessary to run organizations like the IRA. Unfortunately, if taxes are simple then a lot of companies will lose business, but that is life. Over all a flat tax rate would be best.

• Taxation with representation sucks too!

There should be no federal income tax, payroll tax, or corporate income tax. Americans should be taxed on what they purchase, which would put in place a national sales tax which would be around 7%. Without federal taxes being taken out of workers paycheck Americans would be able to take home their entire paycheck, and spend more. If we passed fair tax legislation today, we would be able to better fund Medicare and Social Security, and slowly privatize both programs. If you want to learn more about the fair tax go to fairtax.Org.

• Not Necessarily Same Amount but Same Percent

I see it this way. Why should someone who's making 500k a year pay 40% while a bottomdweller pays 10%. The person who makes a lot is paying for the bottom dwellers percent and that is not right in a capitalist society. It should be Same percent(15%) for everyone as it's not like someone who's making 500K is using more public facilities(in fact less) than someone who's making 60K, so why should they pay more.

• No Such Thing as Fair

If you make a dime, one cent should go to the government. This should happen regardless of who you are. Greed, envy, jealousy, and laziness among other things drive people to feel entitled to other people's money. Increased taxation of the wealthy can only go so far. It's a sales pitch to get the votes of lower income voters. If you make more money than your neighbor this month. Should you be forced to pay their electric bill? Of course not. This drive toward Socialism is ludicrous. It is not society's responsibility to pay for everything for everyone. A tax break is not the same as a government handout. A tax break allows someone to keep a little bit of money that they earned. Social programs or government handouts is the giving of money that other people earned to someone that in theory is less fortunate. So what is fair? Keep in mind that other than income tax the wealthy pay substantial taxes in other areas that lower income individuals do not. A flat tax may be fair but would be very high to pay for the increase of social programs and entitlements. In the end the financial burden will be put on the lower and middle classes through subtle increase gasoline, sin taxes (alcohol and tobacco), and sales taxes.

• Yes to same taxes

If someone makes $200,000 a year with 50% tax, then they earn $100,000 a year. If some one earns $150,000 a year with 33% tax, then they get the same amount of money as the person who works much harder for their money. Easier jobs pay less, harder jobs pay more. If you poor people more money, get an education and apply for a better job

• Taxes should be the same for everyone

An individual, of the higher social class, who makes high wages, deserves to keep a majority of their money because they undoubtedly deserve it. An individual, of the lower social class, who doesn't make the same, does deserve their money, but should still pay the same amount as a person who makes $100K a week.

• Gafgfg fgfagafgafgafgafgfgfhghg fgafga

우하하하
    transulate
    hahahahahaha
    um....
    I think that everyone should pay the same tax
    because
    just!
    Isn't it awsome?
    Hi I'm a Korean person
    and I lothe English!!!
    -my acadamy name is ile
    ile means I love english...
    But i don't thinks so.
    So i ask my teacher to change it to I lothe english but she said...

NO!!!!!!!!!

• The same is better

Everyone should be treated the same no matter race, color, tax, or income. Because its your fault if you didn't stay in school long enough to support yourself and your family. I'm not saying don't do a job you love because you should as follow your heart and enjoy your job but if the job you do doesn't have a high income then you should go find a smaller house either way at the end of the day its your own fault and you have to deal with it.

• Progressive Tax Systems are the fairest.

Progressive tax systems were designed to ensure that those who get the most benefit from society (i.E. The highest income) should pay the most. The currently tax system has too many loopholes for the wealthy, e.G. Capital gains and dividends taxed at only 15%. Offshore accounts is another loophole where billion of money that should be invested in the USA is sheltered offshore, usually in illegal activities.

• Vary Taxes Based on Actual American Job Creation

The left likes to say the rich should pay their fair share. The right likes to say that we need lower taxes to create jobs. So why not allow tax write-offs based on hiring people, in America or investing in companies that hire more American workers? If we only give these tax cuts to people who can show they are creating jobs it will greatly stimulate the economy.

• I don't think that people should all pay the same amount of taxes.

Some people say that it would be fair if everyone payed the same taxes.If everyone payed the same amount of taxes, it would definitely not be fair. What if you were poor and can barely get crusts for dinner, would it be fair if you payed the same amount of tax as the rich?!?! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Many of the poor have VERY little money and what happens if they can't pay their taxes, then they would get fined and owe even MORE money. So think again if you said that it would be fair.

• Simple Logic is the Key

If you studied all night for an "A" on your final college exam (and made a perfect score), how would you feel if the teacher decided to take twenty points (20%) and distribute these points to a student who made a sixty (in the name of "equality") how would you feel? It's the same thing with taxes. In a truly free society, you shouldn't have ypur hard earned money taken to pay for someone who had just as much as an oppourtunity to make the same amount of money as you.

• Give the poor a break

Giving the poor high taxes is a non thing. But giving the wealthy higher taxes saves the poor and the government still gets the money. All are created equal. The poor eventually having the same amount of money as the wealthy creates jobs for the wealthy, if their no longer employed. This might also slow down illegal immigration, and job growth for non Americans leaving job openings for residents.

• Give the poor a break

• I was on the fence.

I personally do not believe in taxes in the first place but I understand they are the only way for the economy to stay afloat with the current National Debt, and Governmental structure. There are ways to change this but I digress. I really do not believe in a flat tax but a " Pay-As-You-Go " tax. I believe tax should have a flat fee and then as you use begin using services you get a tax added for that service. Say I put my kid in a private school, but I own property, I should not have to pay a property tax towards schools. I should only pay a tax for owning the property that goes towards the city I live in for things like sewage, recycling and other things a property owner generally uses. And lets say I make 250k a year. I should not have to pay more than someone who makes 100k. I work just as hard for my money. I believe that is a form of financial discrimination and an injustice to the people who make larger amounts of money. I should not have to pick up the slack for the governments poor decision making and some officials incompetence.

• Taxes should not be the same for everyone

I do believe in a tax system that allows people to "save" money for certain expenditures and investments. For instance, I think the mortgage interest deduction offers encouragement for home buying. But I also believe our tax system needs a serious overhaul. The current system is not fair and puts too much burden on those with less money.

• Its not fair

The poor paying the same amount of taxes as the rich isn't fair. The rich paying 1/4 of their money is very helpful but 1/4 of a poor man is about less than a hundred. Let them keep it and build up so later they can pay the same amount of taxes so that the government gets money.

• This is good

This is good This is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is goodThis is good