Should teachers and principals be allowed to conceal and carry?

• Teachers and Concealed Weapons

Of course I think that teachers should have guns. If someone came into my school shooting and eight other teachers came after them with guns dont you think the shooter would be smart enough to run. When you're faced eight to one I would hope you'd be smart enough to run. If Teachers had guns school would be a lot safer and secure. Also why do all the teachers have to have guns, how about just the teachers who want a gun and can handle one have one. Then the students wouldn't know who has one so the student wouldn't be able to steal the gun from any teacher. To make sure that the teacher would not turn on the students do a background check and have them take a gun safety class.

• Why not "School Marshals"

Nobody complains about sky marshals. Why not have "school marshals" . Nobody has to know who is carrying and the fact that guns are present will be a deterrent for would be criminals who go to schools because they know that it is a gun free zone. In the military, schools would be considered "soft targets". The way to make places safe is to make them a "hard target". Concealed weapons in the schools would prove to be both a passive and active means of deterring school shooting.

• Only When Done Properly

Only When Done Properly

I believe that principals and teachers should be allowed to conceal and carry firearms within schools. However, if principals and teachers want to do this, I believe they should receive extra training and classes to do so. I think there are safety issues that would need to be addressed and talked about, before it should be allowed

• Only When Done Properly

I believe that principals and teachers should be allowed to conceal and carry firearms within schools. However, if principals and teachers want to do this, I believe they should receive extra training and classes to do so. I think there are safety issues that would need to be addressed and talked about, before it should be allowed.

• School staff should carry weapons so there will be less shootings and to protect our students.

It will make it easier to protect our students. What if someone came to school and with a gun and killed 30 + students like in Blacksburg Virginia in 2007. I guarantee you that if there was a teacher there who had a concealed weapon and new how to use it than that teacher could have easily saved at least 30 lives if not more

• Principals & Teachers are the first line of Defense of our Children!

Concealment means not seen by anyone. Therefore the attacker would not know who is carrying and who is not. Multiple concealed carriers would limit the number of innocents harmed by a attacker as the threat would be removed or forced to flee by the armed staff of the school.
    Enough said!

• Yes, principals and teachers should be allowed to consel and carry!

Since December 14, 2012 school shooting, gun control has been a major topic to teachers and parents. When a perpatrator comes in with a loaded weapon, teachers have the right to defend themselves and the children. If we allow concel and carry, maybe someone would think twice before going into a school and shoot teachers and students at will!

• This is the dumbest thing I've heard of in a long time.

My wife is a 1st grade teacher and, like myself, is a strong supporter of gun rights. However when she first saw that people were suggesting that faculty carry firearms she nearly started screaming.

For all those that think faculty should let's look at a little thought experiment. Imagine you give a doe-eyed 22 year old teacher a pistol on her first week of teaching, chances are she isn't going to be comfortable wearing it with tens of children constantly by her side, so she can either carry it on herself and keep the children away, thus hampering the learning experience, or the teacher can put it in a gun safe.

So let's assume she is more concerned with education than the one in a million chance that someone might make it into her classroom with a gun. The teacher puts the gun in the gun safe, and it gathers dust there, because well, school shootings are incredibly rare. So months and months go by, and the safe is only opened a few times just to make sure the gun is OK, eventually the teacher might forget how to get the safe open, which is fine as she isn't planning on ever brandishing it.

Finally one day it is opened and used, but not by the teacher, but rather by an extra curious student.

Congratulations, a child is dead. Your move idiots.

• Nobody On Campuses Should Have Weapons

Nobody should be allowed to be in possession of a weapon while on a school campus. It does not matter if it is an authority figure or if it is concealed. Weapons on campuses will eventually lead to accidents and maybe even deaths. The only person on a campus that should have a weapon is a cop.

• Guns and students don't mix.

I understand the need for safety in schools, but who's to say that our teachers are not going to be the ones who snap next? We should not need to have teachers carrying weapons on campus. Our students safety should be found another way, perhaps more school resource officers, more strict security for trespassers, and etc.

• No way NRA

"When a perpatrator comes in with a loaded weapon, teachers have the right to defend themselves."

Well, doesn't everybody have a right to defend themselves? Why don't we all carry around guns in our belt loops? If I feel threatened, well than "BAM!" shot in the face. Will that really make us safer? Of course, let's teach our teachers and principles to pull our their guns when someone walks by, and do it right in front of the kids too. Of course, no child will dare go and touch or take the gun when the teacher isn't in the room.

Guns in schools will only make the school more dangeorus. Nobody except the cops should be allowed to own assault rifles or conceal guns. The argument that "but what if our government betrays us? we need to able to overthrow them" or second amendment crap is ridiculous, the government won't do that!!

• Students may not be comfortable

Younger children can be frightened and older students can become defensive and a campus will turn into the wild west. This is a very bad idea. Teachers are not mentally equiped to shoot at someone especially if it is a child. Schools have security on campus carrying less lethal defense. Classrooms can be equipped withdon't kill.Ess fatal things like pepper spray. Disable the perpetraitor

• No, guns are bad.

Well, is it worth having guns around the school, say a student gets hold of one? What then? Or a 'deranged' murderer comes in and uses the school guns to shoot someone obviously this is a bad idea and anyone who believes guns should be allowed in school is wrong.

• More guns will cause more problems.

This is just asking for trouble. Students can get guns easier now and if their teacher has one they can easily break into where they have it or even take it by force. Then the teacher will have to use force against the student, and I think that this will just cause more problems than it will fix

Anonymous says2013-04-21T19:50:49.020
No, guns are bad. Well, is it worth having guns around the school, say a student gets hold of one? What then? Or a 'deranged' murderer comes in and uses the school guns to shoot someone obviously this is a bad idea and anyone who believes guns should be allowed in school is wrong.