Should teachers and students be friends on social networks?

• This is a great Idea

Because if the teachers follow their students on social media than the student will be way more cautious of what her or she post on their account. If a student were to post anything inappropriate than there would be a trusted adult that would see this activity on there account.

• It's all fine

If a student did not understand something in the class he or she can just ask the teacher for notes OR if a teacher forgot to discuss about an assignment he or she can just give those assignments via social media. Which is very useful for students and teachers BOTH.

• I think you you should be aloud.

If your not a savage. I think it is fine for a teacher and student to be friends on FB after a student graduates/is finishing up their senior year. I think they should be allowed because it is a nice and easy way to communicate with one another, especially if a students needs help with certain academic work. It is also a good approach cause some students don't like going up to their teacher in front of their whole class so doing it in a more private environment will make a lot more students feel more comfortable.

• Cause some teachers are single

Nuff said. But i need more words so im writing more. Some guys like an older teacher, case and present in america where a 15 year old slept with two of his teachers. A 15 year old ffs. Besides that the teacher can help the kid with homework n shit.

• I think it's fine

Its fine that students and teachers should be friends on social networking sites but with a limit and if they cross the limit it can cause problems and student will leave his/her extra activities and will have interest in gadgets such as mobiles or tablets or laptops so they should not cross the limit

• I think it's fine

• I think it is fine for teachers and students to be friends on social networks

I think they should be allowed because it is a nice and easy way to communicate with one another, especially if a students needs help with certain academic work. It is also a good approach cause some students don't like going up to their teacher in front of their whole class so doing it in a more private environment will make a lot more students feel more comfortable. Finally, after spending so many years with teachers, especially in high school- where teachers have watched you grow from a child to an adult- you do start to form more of a friendship with teachers especially if you are leaving school so it is nice to keep in contact with them especially if you have formed a close friendship with them.

• It can help you to learn more about the lesson

If there is a test and you don't understand the lesson you could ask your teacher to explain more about it. You could also ask them about the things that you forgot to write in your diary. And by my experience I have ask quite many question from them through sosial media.

• I think it should be allowed

I think it should be allowed because if someone needs help with their homework the teacher would be able to give them so help and ideas to help finish their homework. Another reason i think that it should be allowed because if they have family problems such as, harrassment abusement and just regular day issues

• After Graduation it fine

I think it is fine for a teacher and student to be friends on FB after a student graduates/is finishing up their senior year. If the teacher made a real impact on you, you should keep in contact with them. A freshman friending a teacher is a totally different story...

• It might lead to weird relationships

I think that it would give teachers and students opportunities to make actual relationships with their teachers and it might lead to the student and teacher to have a romantic relationship or lead to the teacher making the student trust them and then persuade the students to do things they don't want to

• It might lead to weird relationships

• It might lead to weird relationships

• It might lead to weird relationships

• No because of

There is really no need to.The most common argument I see is so teachers can give updates on assignments and students can ask questions.Well there are online services that provide that like remind101 and Canvas that are designed for just dialgoue between each other.Also teachers and students start getting into each others personal lives and that can just create awkward and creepy situations.This can also lead to pedophilia which is rare but does happen.It can also lead to teachers playing favorites in grading also just normal social media drama so they no.Teachers should use hints like remind101 and Canvas that are designed for teacher and student purposes.

• Teachers shouldn't be able to follow their students on ANY social media.

It's a very weird situation for students to be in. They are going to have to deal with judgement, harassment, and if they don't want their teachers invading their privacy. It is not the greatest idea in my opinion but of course there are many people who would think differently.

• Its not ok

Students and teachers have a professional relationship to keep amongst themselves. Allowing friendship on social networking gives both parties to much information into the personal lives of each other. This can lead to improper relationships between them. It can also lead to conflict of interest in the evaluation process of the student. I agree with the person that wrote this,

• I dont think its safe.

I think that there should be a boundary or a certain app to use to communicate with things like if you need help with something or you have a question but not on social media, to me thats too dangerous and texting on personal accounts thats kind of crossing the line.

• Teachers should not friend or follow a student on social media.

There is so much more bad that can happen then good. If a teacher wants to communicate with a student about something academic... They can use a different site such as edmodo. It is inappropriate for a teacher to follow a student because its unprofessional and parents may feel offended. Students want to go on social media with their friends and family... They don't want to be bothered by teachers asking questions and nagging them about homework.