Should teachers be able to lower your grade because of absences?

• Coming from a recent graduate

Yes, absolutely. You're requirement in school is to be in class so you don't miss the material. It also has to do with participation and when you're not trying to be in class, you're not participating and your grade should show you're not trying your hardest. If absences didn't effect your grade, half of the students wouldn't go to class because they would think if they did all the work they wouldn't have to be there which would lead to cheating. Things need to be looked at through the bigger picture and not just at the subject.

• What if you checked the absent folders?

What if it was a test, it wouldn't be in the folder so if you had no idea how to check your grades then it wouldn't be fair. There are plenty of people that don't know their grade until they get it on their report card and I think its unfair.

• Check. Kbjbj jnjhj

Huh hunk jnjhjb knmmkmk knmmkmk kink kinky jnjhj jnjhj jkkkk jkkkk I'll tyyyuub hijack jkkkkk kkkkk ikkkk hhhh hhhh kl hhhh know hhhh jkkkki hhhh bbbbb biggest she bbvhghg. Hannah bbbbb hhhhbbb bbbbn jkkkk hhhhh jnjhjb ghhhhh hhhh jnjhj jnjhj tyyyuub fuck hhhh Beijing jkjnjhvb hhhh I hollowness hhhh jnj

• Check. Kbjbj jnjhj

• Life can get in the way.

I don't think absences should matter. Sometimes a student if forced to miss the class due to personal reasons. If thats the case, then why should they penalized? As long as the student is able to keep up with the work, it should not matter.
    As for the 'cheating'... There are tests that can be set up with the teacher to make sure you are actually learning the subject.

My english teacher says we are only allowed to miss 2 days of class before our final grade in the class goes down a letter grade,, and three tardies = 1 day of absence.
    I had to be late twice and miss a day because my cousins/guardian got injured and could not drive herself so I had to drive her to her job and then drive to my school.
    I hate this policy because life can get in the way and sometimes there is nothing you can do.