Should teachers be allowed to give students candy as a reward?

• Teacher's should award candy

Candy is motivation for students, they will work extra hard to get the candy and that would equal good grades and happy parents. Which is all what a student wants. They will work extra hard to get it. But giving candy only weekly and not daily, so they don't ask "If I do this, will you give me candy?"

• Teacher's should award candy

• Of course they should!

Candy should be plentiful in early years (kindergarten, etc.). This teaches children to do the right thing. The amount should gradually diminish as they get older. Along with making all of the students put school in a good light, it definitely teaches all of them to do the right thing.

• There is a good in giving candy to students.

Kids can learn better and they will also help one another because they know that they won't ll get a reward for doing that task like helping someone by caring that students stuff for them. So I say yes to now being mean to another kid. It will also help with kids because now kids wont to read more and get a reward for it so kids will also do more work and a student can tell what type of candy they are Allergan to. The teacher does not have to give a lot of candy just a little bit. So there is now harm to the students.

• Teachers should be allowed to use whichever rewards they prefer.

I don't see a problem with teachers giving students candy as a reward, as long as it is small amounts of candy that aren't high in fat. Many teachers will use a single M&M or a single Skittle as a motivational tool, and I see no harm in that, as a parent. Now, if a teacher were to offer a full size candy bar on a regular basis or if it were something that was very dangerous for a specific child to have, such as peanut brittle for a child with a nut allergy, it would be a different story, but in the case of a small amount of candy, I see nothing wrong with it. It teaches the basics of good behavior reaping good results.

• Teachers should award candy.

I do think teachers should be allowed to reward their students with candy, but only a small, modest amount. I think this is actually a good way to teach kids to eat in moderation from a young age, and to enjoy the small things you get in life. Don't ban teachers from doing this.

• Yes we should, duh

I am a student, and I don't try anymore because I have no motivation. They do not always give us candy. We really did not get a lot. Now I have not tried in class. Also I have ate more candy since then. My school colleges have had a piece of candy everyday to fight against it because this is a stupid rule. We were just fine. I can't even celebrate my birthday with food anymore.

• Candy candy candy

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yres yes yes yes yes yes urd hjby hv gjb u ug j u j j h h b u h h y u u u u

• Yes They Should

This is honestly a pretty silly situation. If you want to regulate it then sure, but at least give the teachers a certain criteria for what they can and can not give out to students. For goodness sake, if they want to share with their students, they probably actually care.

• Candy Can Be Good!

Giving candy to children is a reward and so they work harder to
    get the reward. If people gave candy out to children in the classroom they would be better in class and the child would get better grades. Which that leads to getting a better life and job too.

• Absolutely NOT please

My 7 year old is coming home with 1-3 pieces of candy every day. His younger siblings are seeking out this teacher every day in hopes of getting candy. They fight the whole way home over the candy. I have NEVER rewarded my kids with candy, and now this decision is being taken out of my hands. Will the school pay our dental bills? Or be the one dealing with the new demands for candy as my kids suddenly think they should be rewarded for anything they do?

• Stupid people be like

So if people like Obama oh my bad allow shit like this to happen then we will all look like isah and my fault for voting Obama guys sorry and please people don't let kids take fuckin candy to school either then zack goanna bring some and river goanna go on sugar high ok guys

• Candy Can Be Good!

• Candy Can Be Good!

• Unhealthy and dumb

Fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat, yep all of it. Unhealthy and no point in learning and cant concentrate and fat fat fat fat building inside these small kids bodies. Just a very very very very DUMB idea.... Sigh what have teachers done to them?

• No pls no

No unhealthy
    word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here e word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here word here

• Nope nope nope

Sweets as reward hold so many connotations, and any unhealthy food as reward should be either pre communicated with parents, left in the control of parents only, or probably easier engage with your students and get them on side by them choosing the alternatives and teacher getting funding from PTA. Expectations and expense are the excuses used - its a school! They have powers of education so they could change that. Children expect rules at school after all !!

• Nope nope nope

• Giving Candy is Lazy Discipline

At one of my school sites for disadvantaged kids, I noticed my first day there how many of the 1st and 2nd graders were in dire need of dental work, and how many already had metal caps over rotten teeth. And there's the after school adult leader handing out rolls of Smarties as a behavioral tool. In subsequent weeks I've noticed that's all this woman does... Hands out Smarties. She actually keeps a running log with the kids names... For Smarties. Just assume this lady gives those kids 2 rolls per day, everyday, for the entire school year. And if other teachers are giving the same students more candy on top of that. Insane!

• Teaching children the wrong choices

It is well documented that children learn their lifelong eating habits from a young age. It is also widely recognized that using something as a reward increases its value in the eyes of the rewardee. Why teach children that candy is the "treat"? It is just as easy, and sometimes more effective, to use non-food rewards, esp. Extra attention. I have seen too many adolescents hooked on sugar and lacking in work ethic to believe using candy as a reward is a good idea. I think most teachers really do care about their students, but just don't understand the long-term implications of their actions.