Should teachers be allowed to give students candy as a reward?

• Teacher's should award candy

Candy is motivation for students, they will work extra hard to get the candy and that would equal good grades and happy parents. Which is all what a student wants. They will work extra hard to get it. But giving candy only weekly and not daily, so they don't ask "If I do this, will you give me candy?"

• Teacher's should award candy

• Of course they should!

Candy should be plentiful in early years (kindergarten, etc.). This teaches children to do the right thing. The amount should gradually diminish as they get older. Along with making all of the students put school in a good light, it definitely teaches all of them to do the right thing.

• There is a good in giving candy to students.

Kids can learn better and they will also help one another because they know that they won't ll get a reward for doing that task like helping someone by caring that students stuff for them. So I say yes to now being mean to another kid. It will also help with kids because now kids wont to read more and get a reward for it so kids will also do more work and a student can tell what type of candy they are Allergan to. The teacher does not have to give a lot of candy just a little bit. So there is now harm to the students.

• Teachers should be allowed to use whichever rewards they prefer.

I don't see a problem with teachers giving students candy as a reward, as long as it is small amounts of candy that aren't high in fat. Many teachers will use a single M&M or a single Skittle as a motivational tool, and I see no harm in that, as a parent. Now, if a teacher were to offer a full size candy bar on a regular basis or if it were something that was very dangerous for a specific child to have, such as peanut brittle for a child with a nut allergy, it would be a different story, but in the case of a small amount of candy, I see nothing wrong with it. It teaches the basics of good behavior reaping good results.

• Teachers should award candy.

I do think teachers should be allowed to reward their students with candy, but only a small, modest amount. I think this is actually a good way to teach kids to eat in moderation from a young age, and to enjoy the small things you get in life. Don't ban teachers from doing this.

• Hi there mate

Watch footy because is is is awsome and lillie jdhhnv rvjfu ijejciuf ifjudj efjuijgu fdidurfui h uuu u u u u u uu u u u u u u u 8u iuygiy 8y y 9yu u hg g hg ut gy jh h jj hy yj g yu g hh g

• Teachers should award lollies

It helps to motivate them and it is cheaper than other sweet foods and healthy foods so it is good. It also is small but it is bought in large amounts and it keeps better than a lot of other small foods that kids like. It is awesome and everybody loves them. Whoo hoo! Go lollies! Rule forever and ever!

• I like candy

I love candy I think we should get the candy as a reward not just eat every day so I think we should get as a reward because if you give it to students for no reason they would want more and more so I would stick it for a reward

• If they wish.

As long as a teacher doesn't give a whole bag of candy I don't see the problem with giving a kid a few pieces of candy to let them know they are doing the right thing.

Rewarding a kid for doing the right thing also teaches them to do that thing again and eventually it will become a habit that doesn't need a reward.

• Sugar is a killer

Sugar addiction is real in the us. More kids are developing diabetes at a young age and obesity rates are soaring. Teachers should be educating the dangers of sugar to longterm health not adding to the problem. Saddly they don't know themselves.
    don't give my kids sugar as a reward! What a bad reward system (habit ) to create at an age that kids will store that in there subconscious mind

• Unhealthy for them

Unhealthy for them and it causes bad attitude when no candy is available to be awarded. I have seen it far to often that they get used to having the award and they don't put forth any effort when no award is available. People need to learn good work ethics not candy ethics.

• Parents should decide

When your child’s friends come to your house, do you just give out candies? Hope not. If you didn’t talk about it with other parents before the play date, or are not telling the kids to “ask your parents,” you are a terrible host. So I don’t know why teachers think they have the power to decide what goes in kids’ bodies. Only parents should control that (until kids get old enough to make reasonable decisions). Teachers who give out candies cannot be any ruder.

• No teachers should pay for candy with there money for kids

Teachers don't get paid enough money they waste at least 50% on kids for some thing for they should know how to do. They are not goanna get rewards there whole life gotta learn some how so they must stop they have not a lot of money so no more candy for rewards every now and then is ok

• A really bad idea

This won't teach the students anything, it will just make them get more candy. Besides, the candy can lead to many diseases like cardio vascular disease. If we want kids to be healthier, we should take away the candy. Then, replace the old candy with healthy snacks, drinks, and candy.

• A bad Idea

To instill intrinsic motivation in children teachers need to create a noncompetitive, caring environment in which each child feels valued, respected and acknowledged (see Educator's Guide to Enhancing Children's Life Skills or Successful Teachers). Cooperative learning that recognizes improvement in each child is a way to enhance intrinsic motivation among students so that classroom management is not dependent upon the use of rewards.

• No Candy Allowed for Behaviors in Class as an Award

Teachers need to be clear and consistent in their classroom with the rules and regulations that they set for learning. I frown on teachers handing out candy to students because they were good. This kind of behavior is to be expected. Think about it! At your work, does your boss give you candy because you came to work today? No.
    I do support candy for Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day along with Birthday treats.
    What are we really teaching our students here if we give them candy? Nothing.

• No sugar please.

I can tell when I pick up my daughter after school whether she has been fed sugar by her teacher that slday. She is not allergic to sugar but like myself us sensitive to it. Her eyes get small bags, she is more moody, and there is no reason why a teacher Ned's to feed the emotion of a job well done with the ridiculous reward of sugar. I am so disappointed that her grade 1 teacher would bribe kids to her perceived success by giving out tictac candies and gumballs. Don't feed the bears, don't bring nuts to school so why are the teachers feeding my kids sugar?

• No sugar please.

• Absolutely NOT please

My 7 year old is coming home with 1-3 pieces of candy every day. His younger siblings are seeking out this teacher every day in hopes of getting candy. They fight the whole way home over the candy. I have NEVER rewarded my kids with candy, and now this decision is being taken out of my hands. Will the school pay our dental bills? Or be the one dealing with the new demands for candy as my kids suddenly think they should be rewarded for anything they do?