Should teachers be allowed to have sexual relationships with their students

Asked by: Patches8410
  • Love is love

Who are we to shun teachers for having relationships with students. Obviously is the age difference isn't that big then it should be allowed like a senior in h.S should be able to pursue a sexual relationship with the 25 yr old teacher. I don't see anything wrong with it they are both 18 and over then why all the big thing with teachers and student relationships being a big no no

• I see no problem

We get so judgmental over the small things like students and teachers, but does it really matter. As long as the student is 18 years old then it is legally responsible for most things. Chances are they are in 12th grade the last year of high school and it's just a fling. But in retrospect they need to know boundaries such as school is school and home is home. Which in turn can be a great lesson no pun intended.

• Lets Be Honest

If there's a hot teacher, you dream of having sexual encounters with him/her, you imagine what (s)he looks like naked. It would be a confidence booster and effectively a life lesson, and would increase happiness in some cases. I think it should be allowed, providing you are of consenting age.

• Say it with me: Abuse of Power.

What happens when teachers use their power to pressure their students into sex? What happens when they abuse that power to give their students good grades in exchange for sex?
    There are far too many things that could go askew. It's not worth it. Also, it removes the student from the pool of available people in that age group.

• Age is a major factor

The age of a student is a massive point because if the student is under the age of consent then it is wrong. However, if the student is above the age of consent say 17 or 18 in the UK then it should be ok as they are more aware of the severity of relationships. Even though teachers are in a position of power. So are many people in society. If we can't date people in a position of power then we cannot date politicians, anyone in the army, navy, air force or emergency services. We can't then also date anyone higher in position then us in our workplace. Therefore it depends on the age under 16 UK no, Over 16 yes.

• This is truly disturbing

Besides teacher's and students having major different ages, regardless if the student is a legal adult, school is made to be a place for people to learn! That is what is was made for! I find it truly disturbing that 50% of people who have answered yes to this poll. Teacher's and staff are really doing a good job on making school a sexualized place. With all the sexist dress codes for girls/young woman and now preying on the students themselves. You are an adult, why can't you find another adult to have a relationship with, hell go on a date another teacher who works there not a student. I also feel that female teacher's get a pass when they have sex with a male student, because "that's a teenage boy dreams", that's is utter crap, that same teacher would most likely be the one who tells her female students to not wear a tank top, because it's "too revealing". It's psychological abuse, sexual harassment, and should not be allowed anywhere. But I'm am truly disgusted that people agree with this. Also I just want to say that title doesn't actually clarify whether this for just strictly high school or high, middle, and elementary school, because believe that still happens there as well. Teachers having sex with an 8 year old.... Let that sink in.

• Is this really appropriate?

No matter the age of the student, a teacher should definitely go to prison for trying to have sex with a student. It is not your job to have sex with your students, it is your job to teach your students. People say that love is ageless, but with minors. However, if the student is in high school or if they know what they're doing, they should be able to get punished by the school and/or the legal system. An elementary or lower-middle school student shouldn't get in trouble for it because they probably wouldn't know what they're doing, but most high school students know about sexual relationships and are driven by it. A student in high school is perfectly capable of saying "no." If a teachers tries to bribe them, they still should say "no." Students need to learn to not give in to peer pressure because teachers can be bullies too. These high school students just get satisfaction while these teachers get persecuted. I don't think that students should get the same punishment as teachers; they should get a smaller punishment, but still, they did it. Unless the person is graduated from high school (or even college if this is a college student), having sex with teachers should definitely not be allowed.

• Is that really appropriate?

• I hate to say this, but....

I GREATLY value love. It's like my most important thing. But if the student is young, an absolute no. We don't want pedophiles dating our 7-year-olds. But even if they are what I consider the age you should be able to date "older people" (16 or 17), I'd still say no. The teacher might get distracted, the student might get distracted, the teacher might give the student a higher grade, there's just too many things that could go wrong. However, I think it's perfectly acceptable for a junior in high school to date a teacher IF the teacher doesn't teach them. If you fall in a relationship with your teacher, just switch classes. I know it's a lot of paperwork, but love is important, and so is a productive class.

• This is just a bad idea.

No, teachers shouldn't be allowed have sex with students because it is unprofessional and disruptive to the school environment. However, these teachers shouldn't go jail as long as they didn't screw anyone younger than 13 or so. They should just get fired. Sure, having sex with a student is a bad idea, but it's nowhere near bad enough to put someone in jail. (Really, nobody should go to jail for having sex with a teenager.)