• Kids these days are too wild.

They have their fancy phones and don't listen. Back in my day teachers would hit you if you lifted a wrong finger. So these kids should be whipped for what they do! I would hit my kid if he did something bad, so I expect teachers to hit my kids when I can't, this is a right move for America

• YES THEY SHOULD!!!

Kids these days have absolutely no discipline. I would know because I am a sophomore in high school. The kids are out of hand and extremely disrespectful. They need to be put in their place. If teachers were allowed to discipline their students, maybe our future generation of kids would be less stupid and would be more focused on success rather than social life.

• YES

I believe that there should be limitations on the force used and that such a thing should be used for only extreme circumstances, but I absolutely do believe that teachers should be able to hit students.

I just think about all the discipline problems that could be taken care of if our teachers could give students a quick smack or wield the threat of a paddling. There are just some kids that will not respond to any amount of cajoling, bribing, or suspending. This is a fact of life, and sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

If a little hitting in the discipline regime in our schools will straighten a few kids out and save them from being expelled or sent to these horrid alternative schools, then I am all for it.

• Most students lack conscience...

Students in this modern generation lack conscience, respect, and dignity. Most are spoiled because the lack of obedience and discipline. Teachers should have a little right to punish they're students. If we still had this in schools, more students would have the respect and would know right from wrong. But without this harsh discipline, students fall behind, and in the real world, they won't be able to go through life without respect. Our modern generation lacks respect towards elders and their parents the most. With this harsh discipline, teachers wouldn't have a hard time teaching their class because of an annoying student disrupting the class. I say, that if a student is being a pain in the butt, the teacher should have the right to whack them so they know that what they did, was absolutely rude.

• Yes teachers should be able to spank pupils

Because children all need spanking at one point and teachers should be allowed to enforce that type of dyipline. That will really help them to foucuse on work and not be stupid. It would also help in learning quicker if you do hit them they will not miss dehave ever again so yo come to concussion yes Thea teachers should be able to spank children in school primary or secondary .

• It ii very good

Every one needs to smoke weed in there life even my grandma does it at her house gtcfh fgj fjfgjfgj fgj fgj fgj fgj fgjfgj fgj fgj fgj fgj fdfhdfh dfh dfh dfh dfh dfhfghf8gjfgj fg7 8gfgh g g fgfg fghj ghdfthydtr drt dfrhsdg df df drh d dtrhdf d fh.

• Difference between spanking and violence abuse

First of all the generation now adays are focused on technology rather than studying. The school education has gotten soft and most students lose the ability to learn and focus. My parents would give me a spanking or a whip if I did something bad and guess what it made me into a better person with good morals. You guys are thinking of beating someone up and that is not the intention we are proposing. Students need to be put into check so they can one day be a man and be future leaders not idiots.

• Yes, they should be able to do so because

Everyone is beginning to be hard-headed people as they will not give up unless you ‘knock some sense’ into them. Back in the nineteen hundreds, even way before, schools allowed teachers to spank or smack their students if they were not paying attention to what they were supposed to be doing whatsoever.

Today, that tension is growing due to new technology, so that they are more concentrated on the technology (that they may be using at the time) instead of listening to the teacher, causing them to wander around, not knowing what to do in which they had not been listening; and governments have banned teachers and now teachers are not ‘knocking some sense’ into hard-boiled students anymore. In addition to that, 90% of the time the teacher would have to yell, shout, or make a capturing noises in order to get their students attention.

(In fact), students don’t expect such consequences (like hitting) and so all they get is detention, sitting out on lunch, or extra work; so they keep doing it because there is no serious consequence furthermore it doesn’t really worry them as much. If teachers were allowed to knock some sense into people, as in the past, they would surely be grave worried to be doing something stupid. They’d also have to take care of the bruises they had achieved for being stupid!

(On the contrary,) the students would grow up as someone who was lazy and fat just because they didn’t concentrate as a kid in school. I don’t want to end up in a society filled with fat ladies and fat men, who didn’t listen in kindergarten and ended up as the smug that they are, now, would you?

(As) one time I was reading a book peacefully (I thought), this kid was showing off, so loud I heard my eardrums explode for a second and my heart skipping a beat. He played weird music, not caring about a thing, and the worst part - it was in the library!!! And from that day on, I thought that teachers should be allowed to ‘knock some sense’ into immature kids, including me, if I would do such a thing, haha.

• Teachers are supposed to be able to do so because

• Do you hate god?

You take harm a child or anyone else because it is a SIN. My mother was beaten harshly and very oftenly as a child until she could no longer walk. Terrorists beat their children, are you a terrorist? Because if you are a terrorist, God hates terrorists! The alkida wants us to beat our children really it's just a conspiracy

• No

Teachers should teach. I realize that this may sound outlandish and biased, but as a professor I do not understand the logic behind hitting a student. If a teacher hits a student they are teaching them a strong lesson that if someone does something that you do not like then you should strike them.

• Thats like bullying except with teachers

Teachers hitting students is child abuse. If a school shall let teachers hit students than students should be able to hit teachers. If a teacher cusses at a student than students hold be able to too. Right? Whatever a teacher does to a student then a student should be able to do the same

• Teach a child do not hit a child

Teachers sometimes teach children the way they were taught growing up, however that is not the best choice. When a teacher has a problem with the child, the child needs to exit the class room and be seated in the office area, the child parents should be called and if all fails call the police. Teachers should never cause assault or battery on a student. Criminal acts are punishable by law.

• No way Jose!

Under no circumstances should a teacher be allowed to hit students. In my opinion, the teacher is there to teach and to raise the future generation, not to hit them. If a teacher wants to punish the student by making him stand outside class or by writing extra homework, then go ahead. But the problem is that given a small amount of leeway, a teacher's "gentle hit" may turn into a painful wallop in that heated moment. Also, there is no universally acceptable standard of how hard a teacher is allowed to hit a student. Different teachers will hit at different strengths on different people in different places. By allowing the teacher the right to hit a child, this right cannot be managed or controlled and could easily be misused. Better safe not sorry, so lets keep the rights of a rightful spanking to the parents only.

• Teachers should never hit other students or imagine it in their mind or else they might do it.

Hitting is a physical offence. And once you hit someone that does not like you the next thing you know he's probably going to do something to you to get you in trouble. Plus hitting is just a response to the students thoughts hit others. And it will be your fault because they can think about hitting no matter how just you try to be with hitting them.

• Hitting teaches violence and that adults are allowed to violate body.

Hitting tells kids they don't have a say who touches their bodies, that if angry someone has a right to hurt you, and the best way to solve a conflict is through physical aggression, not a message I believe should ever be taught. Additionally, not effective as disciplinary tool, breeding resentment rather than respect and does little in the way of helping learn internal controls to modify behaviors.

• No, except in self defense.

Teachers must be able to discipline students, but they should never hit a student. If they do, that means they are taking out their anger and they have failed in the role, unable to find another way to communicate. There are admittedly students with behavioral problems, but there are other channels for dealing with those kids when problems arise. The only exception to a teacher not hitting a student would be self defense.

• No, teachers teach

Only parents have the right to choose the type of discipline given to their child. A teacher is hired to teach children. Using violence to punish sends a message to children that violence is an acceptable way to behave and respond to others. Teachers are there to show children the correct and appropriate way to behave. School should be a safe environment for all children.

• Hell no wtf you thinking

No because that is bad and today one of a class mates i have was grab by the hoodie and and hit across the wall that is not good i think he can get aressted for that only your guardians supose to do that not some guy who not even related to you you must be out of your dam mind if you think you can touch a student