Should teachers be allowed to make assumptions when punishing children?

• Based on evidence, yes.

Yes, I think they should be given some room to make assumptions based on current evidence. A students past behavior alone shouldn't be enough. If you punish a student repeatedly, without basis, then you are just encouraging them to not try to do good. A student who is punished for something they didn't do will end up resentful and apt to act out again.

• Teacher should make assumptions while punishing students

Yes! Teachers should be allowed to make assumptions while punishing students so that if a student is misbehaving or fighting than if teachers don't have any proof than she would leave the student but if teachers make assumptions ans she punished the student than next time student won't dare to misbehave or fight in the class as he know that without proof also teacher is going to punish student.

• Some assumptions are nessesary

Teachers are responsible for their students well being and safety, there will be times when some assumptions do need to be made. If you wait for irrefutable evidence then sometimes it is too late.

An experienced teacher can often tell when a student is guilty even if they are not admitting to it, if we allow the, to get away with it if they deny it, them we encourage them to lie.

• It gives the teacher too much power

We can't allow teachers to punish our children without any sort of evidence because

1st of all- It's not fair if a child is wrongfully accused but still has to endure punishment

2nd of all-the teacher could then just get rid of or torture any student he or she pleases. Unlikely, but possible

3rd of all-many punishments in school have real world effects on a child, a suspension could make a college recruit think twice about accepting a student. And a detention can distract from any issues that needed to be attended to in the child's home perhaps

• Keep my property

If a teacher thought I took a video of fighting but I deleted it. They should be able to punish me. I believe teachers take too much liberty in this. If a teacher thinks other wise just remember, who always fuses when their things get taken away but also remember who doesn't want to pull more slack within our schools.

• Keep my property

• Too much at stake

If we allow teachers to just punish children without some kind of proof, or witness, or camera, then this gives the teacher power they shouldn't have. It would be much easier to molest a child that way. Not only that, but a punishment on record could hurt the children's chances of getting into a good college, going on a field trip, getting friends, etc. I'm also hesitant to let the teacher punish a student even if another student sees the action, and here's why. I can tell you from personal experience that if one student is deemed "uncool", the other students will gladly lie to protect the more popular one and incriminate the less popular one. Also, detention takes away from time the children could be spending learning, the same with suspension. Finally, if the child's parents are called, the child could be subject to physical punishment, or even abuse, for something they didn't do. Making sure that every child that commits any wrongdoing could be punished makes the school revolve around obedience and authority rather than education and self-development for the students.