• Swearing Doesn't Affect Education

Obviously teachers should worry about swearing in an elementary school and around younger students, that's a formative time where parents are more concerned for their children. However, that being said I believe starting around 8th grade and going to 12th grade, having another voice that is swearing is nothing new for a student. For those that are making the argument that swearing around young people will give them bad examples I hope that, if they have children, they aren't a hypocritical ignoramus and go to pains to ensure their friends, the movies and television they watch, and the music they listen to also do not contain swearing. A teacher is responsible, parent's wouldn't trust them to teach their children otherwise. Stop complaining, stop whining, and shut the hell up.

• It is only natural.

I never understood why people have such a problem with swearing. It are just words.
    And just because people are allowed to do it, doesn't mean they'd do it all the time.
    I am pretty sure we all know a lot of curse words and have so since we were rather young, but still most of us are able to express ourselves without using them and mostly do so.
    I admit, I wouldn't like if i had a kid an his/her teacher would extensively swear, especially if he teaches the lower grades. But actually punishing somebody just for swearing a little hear and there is just exaggerating.
    Yes teachers should be good examples and thus they should be encouraged not to swear, but punishment just for choosing the wrong word, probably accidentally, that's not right either.
    Strong language exists in every language that has ever been spoken, it is completely normal, so we shouldn't demonize it that much.

• Ban gov funds to k-12

Only prv schools that arnt law exempt, tax exempt, gov subsidied, or mandated to teach what gov wants it to teach, should exsist.
    Prv schools should have the choice to swear or not thats their private property, if you dont like it dont go to that school, they have no right to force anyone to go.
    Most prv schools wont swear beacuse they dont want to loose customers.

• Yes teachers should be allowed to swear.

I've noticed something funny about swearing. When kids are alone, they do it. When adults are alone, they do it. When it's kids and adults together, no one swears. I believe if a teacher swears in class then students can feel closer with their teacher and feel more of a connection between them. It will also put the teacher back in charge of the classroom if a teacher is in a situation where the students have more power than she does.

• Supporting teachers cursing

Some students are disrespectful, and if they being disrespectful to the teachers why should the teachers respect them. I also think that teacher should use curse words because students tend to pay more attention I'm giving this from a 16 year old view point so I think every student would pay more attention to be honest..

• People swear all of the time

If schools think that students will not hear swear words when they graduate they are wrong. People say that swearing is unprofessional, but we know that everyone in the work place swears. It is not a big deal. How are people supposed to stop a natural reflex. If i stub my toe at home, i'm going to automatically say a swear word. How am i supposed to stop my self from a natural reflex at school. Its like telling someone that they can't sneeze.

• Makes students pay attention and feel more comfortable with a teacher

It can be used in a form of emphasis. In some cases the topic of sexting and not doing it will come up. It would be really acceptable for a teacher to grab the attention of students by ending with "don't send dick pics" or something similar.

There may be a case where a student is acting like a fool and a teachers words are making a minimal impact but a "what the hell do you think you're doing" may snap them back into line.

It may also make a teacher more approachable with other problems

• Cause it Shows Your Expression And how you really SAy DAFUQ

My Fav Word IS DAfuq And Go Fuxk YOurslef FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCkkkkkkkk BBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MMMMMERRRRRRRRR FFFFFUUUUUUCmy assfgttn f f f f f f f ff f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f ff f u u u u u u u u u u uu u kckckckckc kcc kc kck c kcc kc kc kc kc c kcc kc kc kc kc kc

• I got extra points

When you make my ela teacher laugh she gives u extra points and i made her laugj with like 8 curses in it so its fine and also my math teack said to a student that didnt bring his slip i will stick my foot up your ass and my toes will be your teeth and everybody laughed including the kid that didnt bring his slip the we all wanted to listen some how so yes

• I got extra points

• Swearing is a sign of a lack of education and vocabulary.

Would you trust your children to a rude, uneducated, intellectually lacking teacher? I would sure not send mine to a school with such poor personnel.
    You would argue the worst thing can happen is children learning to swear. But as someone else already stated here, "swearing is for people with lacking language". You sure want the best opportunities for your children, am I right? Then why settle for less? If you allow them to use foul language instead of making an effort in finding better words and expanding their communication skills, you are chopping their success chances. Is that what you want for them?

Posted by: Rafe
  • That would be awful

Our students look up to their teachers and may model their behaviour. It is so important that teacher model positive behaviour or we will have a whole generation of future adults who use foul language. If it was acceptable for teacher to swear at school I certainly would withdraw my children from school.

• No. No. No.. Of course not.

No way.. If a student hear teacher swearing in school, they might think "Oh wow that's really cool!" and start swearing or disrespect the teacher. So no, I don't think the teachers should be allowed to swear at school cuz that's inappropriate and they would probably know they can't in front of the students.

• No teachers shouldn't

Be allowed to swear in class. Why would you want to expose your child to a teacher swearing? I mean yes it is just a word, and has no more meaning than society gives it. It is depicted as bad behavior. I understand a slip of a cuss word from a teachers mouth, but to just be cussing for fun? How is that professional? I wouldn't want my future child going around saying "pass the F'ing bread, please." I mean Come on.

• No they shouldnt

Teachers should not be allowed to swear at school because it sets a bad example for the students and has no reason. Many say swearing is for people with the lack of a better word. If someone who has graduated college with a teaching credential cannot think of better way to express themselves, i think that says alot about the teacher

• Teachers should be

Teachers should be setting an example and being a role model. They aren't there to be your friend, they are there to teach you. They paid to graduate college with a teacher's credential, therefore they should be professional. Although swearing is a freedom of speech, it is disrespectful to people with strict religions. Teachers should be encouraging student;s good behavior, and swearing is a way to show students that it is OK to swear. If a student were to cuss at a teacher, the teacher wouldn't like it. So why are teachers allowed to? Don't they have a larger vocabulary than that? More education? I believe it doesn't show emotion or personal creativity. Teachers need to set the example and fill their vocabulary with better words.

• Teachers are examples

I've heard coaches and teachers cussing with students casually for example when asking a question the teacher or coach will say "So how does that sh*t work?" It's completely inappropriate and unnecessary. The question remains exactly the same with the word. I've heard the excuse that students talk like that.... Who cares how students talk? You should be setting the example. Not only that, but you're not there to be friends with your students. You are their teacher. They have enough friends. It's a major problem I see in today's school and probably part of why there are an increasing number of inappropriate relationships between teachers and students. Some teachers don't know how to set boundaries with students from the beginning.

• Teachers/coaches should be examples

• Shows limited vocabulary and lack of cultural sensitivity unless being used to teach a point (such as the "pissed" example).

With the cultural diversity of our country, we are making an unsafe assumption that what we are saying will not be offensive to anyone. The English language has so many interesting words that we could use to expand the vocabularies of our students rather than using freakin', hell, crap, and sucks over and over and over.
    Also, if we as teachers talk that way at work, how are our students going to think they should speak during a job interview?

• No I don't think so

The reason for my decision is that if they curse at the students then they will curse back and if they curse back they will get in trouble but try to argue about the fact they get to curse at us so why don't we have the same right as they do