• Swearing Doesn't Affect Education

Obviously teachers should worry about swearing in an elementary school and around younger students, that's a formative time where parents are more concerned for their children. However, that being said I believe starting around 8th grade and going to 12th grade, having another voice that is swearing is nothing new for a student. For those that are making the argument that swearing around young people will give them bad examples I hope that, if they have children, they aren't a hypocritical ignoramus and go to pains to ensure their friends, the movies and television they watch, and the music they listen to also do not contain swearing. A teacher is responsible, parent's wouldn't trust them to teach their children otherwise. Stop complaining, stop whining, and shut the hell up.

• It is only natural.

I never understood why people have such a problem with swearing. It are just words.
    And just because people are allowed to do it, doesn't mean they'd do it all the time.
    I am pretty sure we all know a lot of curse words and have so since we were rather young, but still most of us are able to express ourselves without using them and mostly do so.
    I admit, I wouldn't like if i had a kid an his/her teacher would extensively swear, especially if he teaches the lower grades. But actually punishing somebody just for swearing a little hear and there is just exaggerating.
    Yes teachers should be good examples and thus they should be encouraged not to swear, but punishment just for choosing the wrong word, probably accidentally, that's not right either.
    Strong language exists in every language that has ever been spoken, it is completely normal, so we shouldn't demonize it that much.

• Ban gov funds to k-12

Only prv schools that arnt law exempt, tax exempt, gov subsidied, or mandated to teach what gov wants it to teach, should exsist.
    Prv schools should have the choice to swear or not thats their private property, if you dont like it dont go to that school, they have no right to force anyone to go.
    Most prv schools wont swear beacuse they dont want to loose customers.

• Cause it Shows Your Expression And how you really SAy DAFUQ

My Fav Word IS DAfuq And Go Fuxk YOurslef FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCkkkkkkkk BBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MMMMMERRRRRRRRR FFFFFUUUUUUCmy assfgttn f f f f f f f ff f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f ff f u u u u u u u u u u uu u kckckckckc kcc kc kck c kcc kc kc kc kc c kcc kc kc kc kc kc

• I got extra points

When you make my ela teacher laugh she gives u extra points and i made her laugj with like 8 curses in it so its fine and also my math teack said to a student that didnt bring his slip i will stick my foot up your ass and my toes will be your teeth and everybody laughed including the kid that didnt bring his slip the we all wanted to listen some how so yes

• I got extra points

• Older students should be treated more like adults

While I don't support teachers using the word "fuck" as a verbal tic, cursing in front of high schoolers is a sign that you respect and can relate to them - you don't speak to them that differently than you would a colleague and call bullshit, bullshit. (And philosophical papers have been written on the meaning of "bullshit").

Honesty, instead of bullshit (like saying everything covered is important), motivates students a lot more.

• Makes lessons relatable

I was in Biology, one of the first lessons of the school year, and we were learning about the nervous system. Everyone got bored. Then my teacher started going on about alcohol affecting the nervous system, and it acts as something that makes you pee more, hence the term "getting pi$$ed". Everyone immediately paid attention.

• Makes lessons relatable

• Makes lessons relatable

• Swearing is a sign of a lack of education and vocabulary.

Would you trust your children to a rude, uneducated, intellectually lacking teacher? I would sure not send mine to a school with such poor personnel.
    You would argue the worst thing can happen is children learning to swear. But as someone else already stated here, "swearing is for people with lacking language". You sure want the best opportunities for your children, am I right? Then why settle for less? If you allow them to use foul language instead of making an effort in finding better words and expanding their communication skills, you are chopping their success chances. Is that what you want for them?

Posted by: Rafe
  • That would be awful

Our students look up to their teachers and may model their behaviour. It is so important that teacher model positive behaviour or we will have a whole generation of future adults who use foul language. If it was acceptable for teacher to swear at school I certainly would withdraw my children from school.

• No. No. No.. Of course not.

No way.. If a student hear teacher swearing in school, they might think "Oh wow that's really cool!" and start swearing or disrespect the teacher. So no, I don't think the teachers should be allowed to swear at school cuz that's inappropriate and they would probably know they can't in front of the students.

• No teachers shouldn't

Be allowed to swear in class. Why would you want to expose your child to a teacher swearing? I mean yes it is just a word, and has no more meaning than society gives it. It is depicted as bad behavior. I understand a slip of a cuss word from a teachers mouth, but to just be cussing for fun? How is that professional? I wouldn't want my future child going around saying "pass the F'ing bread, please." I mean Come on.

• No they shouldnt

Teachers should not be allowed to swear at school because it sets a bad example for the students and has no reason. Many say swearing is for people with the lack of a better word. If someone who has graduated college with a teaching credential cannot think of better way to express themselves, i think that says alot about the teacher

• No I don't think so

The reason for my decision is that if they curse at the students then they will curse back and if they curse back they will get in trouble but try to argue about the fact they get to curse at us so why don't we have the same right as they do

• Mr. Bolter is scary

He is crazy. I feel like he is going to hit me. I do not feel safe around him. He called my peers and I assholes. He told us to get our asses out the door, and yelled at my friend " that's the second god damn time" he also said " you have a thirty min detention, and if that does effect you'll it'll be all week. SHUT UP!!!!

• Teachers are supposed to be modeling appropriate social behavior.

Teachers need to adhere to a higher standard in society. Students look up to teachers to teach them and show them through modeling how to act, speak and present oneself in public and in a work setting. Teachers need to reflect what is right with society not what is wrong.

• Makes lessons relatable