Should teachers be allowed to use cell phones at school?

• Yes, they are convenient.

Yes, teachers should be allowed to use cell phones in school, because cell phones help with scheduling. Cell phones also help with security, and they can be an important security tool in school. Allowing them to use cell phones is no different than allowing them to use a land line during the school day.

• Only on Breaks

Teachers should be able to use cell phones at school, just not on taxpayer's time. Teachers can use cell phones on breaks or before or after school. They just can't do so when they are trying to teach children, which is what they are paid to do. Unless there is an emergency, teachers can refrain from cell phone usage in front of their pupils.

• Yes they should!

Teachers should be able to use their phones, sometimes in class some of my teachers use cell phone apps to enhance the learning. This is very useful to the school and should be used all the time. But, I do agree that the shouldn't be texting their husband or playing candy crush during class.

• Yes they should!

• They are useful

What if there is an emergency and the teachers need to call someone or they need to text another teacher to deliver an important message so that they don't disrupt a class or if they need to search something up for the class. Cellphones are useful for teachers. Teachers should be allowed to use them!

• Yes, it should be allowed.

Cell phones should be used by teachers only on their free time or if in the class room only to teach the students something. So yes they should be able to bring their cell phones to school but no they should not be using them in front of their class for personal reasons.

• Teachers should have access to cell phones at school

As long is it doesn't interfere with their ability to teach and monitor students, teachers should be able to have cell phones at school. They have families and children who may need to get in touch with them during the day. Sometimes teachers may incorporate their phones into their lessons.

• In case of emergency

I think when it comes to teachers, or students for that matter, I simply do not see an issue with them having access to their cell phone, becauase everyone understands the fact that; emergencies do happen from time to time. It's good to have direct communication in case such happens.

• Yes teachers are authority and can use phones

Students do not have a need for cell phones in schools but this should not extend to teachers. Teachers are in charge of the class and should have the rights and privileges as adults. Granted they should noot abuse this right but they have a right to have one in case they need it.

• Teachers shouldn't use cell phones at school.

It's different if there's an emergency and somehow the power is out and they need to call 911 or something. However, that would be a bad influence on the kids. They need to be teaching professinally, just like the kids need to listen and not use their phones. Plus, the kids may be afraid to distrupt them when on phones and break them.

• No no they dont need it

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no non no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no why why why why wy why wy why why why why why if i am no allowed then your not allowed no no no no why why why why no no no why no why

• Why why why why why

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aa aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a hh h h h h h h hh h h! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

• I Say No

I think its not fair that teachers can text their buddies in class while we are working on a text! Last year in 5th grade while we were testing, our teacher started laughing and when we asked why she said "oh its nothing. Just a 'text message'". That angers me because what if we have our worried parents trying to make contact with their children. Also they should not be on their phones. And even my mother agrees with me. I bet you every person who said yes is a teacher!

Mia Santiago

• I Say No

Mia Santiago

• I Say No

Mia Santiago

• I Say No

Mia Santiago

• They Are At Work

Most employers that I have experience with do not allow the use of cell phones while working. They may allow you to have them on your person, but they do not allow you to use them. I think this same policy should apply to teachers. They are at work and should be working, not looking at their cell phone all the time.

• No phones at work for teachers.

Now this is one of the big question of the year! I don't think that teachers should be allowed to use cell phone in school because it cause distraction to their work. And teachers job is a important job since their students future depends on them. Students would do the same as what their teachers do.