• Yes they should

Yes, I would have to absolutely agree that teachers should be held to higher standards. Teachers are the people who the children of today will spend most of their time with and who they will learn from. Of course teachers need to be held the highest standard's possible if we want a better society.

• Yes, teachers should be held to higher standards.

I believe that teachers should be held to higher standards. They have such an important role in our society and should be top role models. Our children look up to their teachers, so teachers should recognize that and be held to high moral standards. For some kids who come from poor homes with abusive parents, teachers are the only positive role model they have in their lives.

• Yes, teachers need to set a good example.

Teachers are seen every school day by their students. They need to be held to higher standards since they can have a big impact on children who attend the classes. Upstanding teachers are an important part of building a strong backbone for the country in which we live and hope to prosper.

• I believe so

There seems to be a problem in the education system with teachers who don't understand science well. Mind you this is some teachers, not all. I've heard of teachers not understanding the theory of evolution, the heliocentric theory, stuff like that. Perhaps some reforms need to be made to make sure teachers understand the concepts they are required to teach?

• Yes, of course.

They should both be held to higher standards and rewarded for their important work in our society. Teachers today are paid barely more than minimum wage. This makes the available pool of people willing to do this task very small and quality control therein even more difficult. Difficult though this may be, I still feel that any teachers who push forward personal, political or religious views (outside of institutions geared towards this focus) should be warned and then removed after a second offense. Our children need to be taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

• No we want to be normal people too

Yes teachers should be held to higher standards when they are in the classroom but when they are out in their personal lives they should be held to no higher standard than a normal person. Teachers shouldn't have to be careful with every little thing they do. If I want to go and have a glass of wine or buy a beer I should be able to without being judged just because I am a teacher.

• No, No, and No

Children learn from many different influences. Making teachers be superhuman and without sin in unrealistic. Children don't need to see a teacher not being professional, but that goes for any profession. Outside of the classroom is their own free time and it should be off limits. If you want them to live up to a high standard start treating them with appreciation and pay them like they are the most important role model in children's lives, whom will be responsible for the future.

• No, No, and No