• Eliminate the National Education Association

Teachers in Washington D.C. Were offered more money in exchange for not accepting tenure, a benefit the NEA requires. Unfortunately, it was struck down by the NEA. The NEA has far too much power for a labor union that is an impediment on our national education system. After two years a teacher can accept tenure, a benefit that makes them virtually impossible to fire. I think schools should be free to offer the option to accept more pay in exchange for your tenure. I'm sure most school systems would do it and most teachers would accept more money. I would like to see teachers get paid more, but I do not like seeing them become impossible to eliminate if they prove to be a bad teacher that shouldn't get paid at all. Tenure is basically permission for a teacher to become lazy because the school can't fire them and the school system has to pay them otherwise the NEA will get on their case. Schools shouldn't get treated like that.

Before we can talk about pay raises and reform in our education system we need to get rid of the cancerous tumor inflicted on it which is the NEA. The NEA has been rightfully accused of putting the interests of teachers ahead of students and for consistently opposing changes that experts claim would help students but harm union interests.

• Teachers are underappreciated!

Teaching is an incredibly stressful profession especially in this era. Dealing with students in the 21st century is more challenging than the twentieth or nineteenth, mainly because of apathy, complacency established by technology, and low standards. Parents of those pupils are incredibly frustrating by constantly calling the school to complain, writing teachers about why their child deserves a higher grade, lying for their kids, etc. Parents of younger students are also difficult to deal with, but for different reasons. With food allergies/intolerances, overprotectiveness, physical limitations, and placebos, teachers are under pressure to deliver an all-inclusive lesson that maintains focus of all children without offending any.
    Teachers arguably have more work nowadays than in the 1900's. They not only have to plan lessons around students' various problems/limitations, but they have to grade them. The grading process takes longer than necessary because the apathetic current teenagers carelessly turn in assignments well past the respective due date, haphazardly scrawl useless, illegible answers, or skip school and expect a due date to be extended by their own discretion.

• They are teachers!!!!!!!!!!

Who is here make sure kids are smart. Without them people would not be able to get jobs. They wouldn't be able to fit in with the world. We need teachers. Teachers may QIUT if there not paid more. We got to pay them more. They deserve more than what they have

• Teachers deserve more

Teachers deserve way more than they get. They have to deal with misbehaving kids everyday and not to mention all the papers they have to grade. If we want our teachers to be good quality then we have to pat them like they are good quality. So thats why i think teachers should be paid more.

• They should get more

So what is the point of not saying yes I mean come on Lebrun gets pain like 36 million and all he does is play basketball teachers deserve more!!!!!! And if you want more teachers then u better increase the salary. We need to join together and fight to get teachers more money

• They should get more

• Teaching is Hard

Yes, I agree that you can choose your profession. However, teachers did not choose this job for the money. If everyone chose a job off of money, then we would all be doctors. Anyway, teachers chose their job because they love it. Teachers have a very hard job. They have to be responsible for a whole classroom. They had to work very very hard to get their own education. If we didn't have teachers to guide us, then we wouldn't have our education, and we wouldn't be able to make a living. So give a little more appreciation to teachers. Doctors may save hearts, but teachers touch hearts. Give teachers a raise! Don't give it to administrators, they already have enough, and they do LESS than half of the work teachers do. Let's be honest, none of us would be to this point of our lives if we didn't have teachers, and of course our parents. So give teachers a break, and more importantly, GIVE THEM A RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yes teachers need to be paid more

Teachers some times have to get a second job just to earn enough money. Teachers work very hard for their students but don't get enough money for taking care of your child every day. Teachers are underappreciated. 60% of teachers have to quit their job, or move, because they dont have enought money. Take my mom for an example. She had to get a new car, and a new house because she doesn't have enough money, she also has a bulldog that is very expensive.

• They help us learn the stuff we needed to know for a successful career.

Doctors wouldn't know much without biology class and we wouldn't know how to read or write without English class. We cant just have street smart. Each year high paying jobs become more demanding and to be able to meet those demands we need education. So lets support the teacher with a higher income.

• It's the most important investment we can make in the future of mankind!

We learn most of our habits (good and bad), our beliefs regarding equality, justice and our skills in school. This "knowledge" lays the foundation what we will or will not learn the rest of our lives. So I ask, why do my grandson's and grand daughter's teachers make less money than my doctor or dentist?

• They work 10 months a year...

They have an automatic 2 month vacation, work roughly 210 a year, and receive great benefits. No they do not deserve a raise. They have ample opportunity to work and make extra money but most choose not too. I also believe that you know the pay going in but decide afterwards you deserve a 50% plus raise..... I don't think so.

• They Should Absolutely Not Be Paid Higher

Teachers don't do back-breaking work or work from dawn to dusk like those who work on minimum wage to support their families. One might say this is the person's fault who decided to work minimum wage in the first place, however, it's not one's fault who are immigrants or the economy hit them hard and now they have no choice. Teachers got a chance to go to college and got their jobs for granted. Moreover, teachers do not save people's lives like a doctor or nurse. I know doctors and nurses that make only $800 a week working full time as compared to teachers who make $1000, working only five days a week. Do your research and you will find teachers are paid surprisingly high, especially in states such as NY and California. In the end, too, no one told anyone to become a teacher. Additionally, teachers and school do not technically "teach" or create people, people are the ones who create who they are through personal experiences.

• Yes teachers should get paid more than they do.

Every day teachers watch your children, play with them, joke with them, feed them and most of all they are the people who teach your children how to be a mature and grown adult. When they become a doctor or a lawyer or even a singer/songwriter, that is all because of there teachers on the past. Teachers are the ones who create the future. Without them there would be no jobs unless a child has a natural talent in something.

• No one is forced to be teacher

Teaching is a choice like any other profession. If there are a lot people willing to teach at a particular pay rate, then it is prudent to pay that rate and no more. If everyone who teaches at a rate that is unacceptable to themselves were to stop teaching, then I suppose there would be a shortage and pay rates would go up. But, teachers teach because of the passion for what they do, and I think that is admirable. However, this "feeling good" about what they do, is a reward that enables them to be paid less. Look at his another way. If I need someone to perform X, and I can get that for $Y, why would I pay $(Y+n) even if I value it higher than they do. Look, teachers, if you have skills that are valuable in a non-education setting, find out what they are worth and decide if you can live with the difference. Asking for reward "just because" is foolish since the easy answer is always "because I don't have to".

• There jus teachers

They are not smart. There are stupid. They are dumb. They are nor supposed to be teachers. They are really mean...... Nah Just kidding.. Teachers are the best..They should get paid way more.. They teach kids for the real world. When they grow up they will need a job and the teachers are there to help them..