• Eliminate the National Education Association

Teachers in Washington D.C. Were offered more money in exchange for not accepting tenure, a benefit the NEA requires. Unfortunately, it was struck down by the NEA. The NEA has far too much power for a labor union that is an impediment on our national education system. After two years a teacher can accept tenure, a benefit that makes them virtually impossible to fire. I think schools should be free to offer the option to accept more pay in exchange for your tenure. I'm sure most school systems would do it and most teachers would accept more money. I would like to see teachers get paid more, but I do not like seeing them become impossible to eliminate if they prove to be a bad teacher that shouldn't get paid at all. Tenure is basically permission for a teacher to become lazy because the school can't fire them and the school system has to pay them otherwise the NEA will get on their case. Schools shouldn't get treated like that.

Before we can talk about pay raises and reform in our education system we need to get rid of the cancerous tumor inflicted on it which is the NEA. The NEA has been rightfully accused of putting the interests of teachers ahead of students and for consistently opposing changes that experts claim would help students but harm union interests.

• Teachers are underappreciated!

Teaching is an incredibly stressful profession especially in this era. Dealing with students in the 21st century is more challenging than the twentieth or nineteenth, mainly because of apathy, complacency established by technology, and low standards. Parents of those pupils are incredibly frustrating by constantly calling the school to complain, writing teachers about why their child deserves a higher grade, lying for their kids, etc. Parents of younger students are also difficult to deal with, but for different reasons. With food allergies/intolerances, overprotectiveness, physical limitations, and placebos, teachers are under pressure to deliver an all-inclusive lesson that maintains focus of all children without offending any.
    Teachers arguably have more work nowadays than in the 1900's. They not only have to plan lessons around students' various problems/limitations, but they have to grade them. The grading process takes longer than necessary because the apathetic current teenagers carelessly turn in assignments well past the respective due date, haphazardly scrawl useless, illegible answers, or skip school and expect a due date to be extended by their own discretion.

• Teachers Need More Money!!

Teachers get such little amount of money, even for all that they do!
    Students are inspired by teachers, because the Teachers believed in them.
    I believe that Teachers should get a larger amount of money, saying that Principals get even more Money than the teachers themselves. Some teachers are blamed for things that they did not even do, because it happened in their class or their Grade they teach. Teachers are the ones that Help Students become who they are when they grow up. Being a Teacher is Important, because they do things even AFTER school, including: Grading Papers, Doing extra things for the Principal.... And so on (etc.). THAT is why Teachers should get a Higher amount of Money.

• Teacher are the only hope that students have.

Teachers are what make kids who they are teachers push there students to be the best. And teachers the one of the most important jobs in the world and yet there UNDER paid? Students learn from the best teachers and those teachers go unseen.
    My name is katelynn mitzimberg and im 13 years old I go to glover middle school in Spokane Washington I have the best teachers in the world.
    They need to get paid for there hard work.

• Teachers should be paid more!

Teachers shape our future. Everything they teach us we eventually use in our daily lives. They are the reason college even exists! How are we supposed to learn a subject in any field without a teacher?
    Many teachers I know live far away from where they work and have to commute because the cost of a house is too much. This should not be a problem for them. They are the water and sunlight for us seeds to grow and blossom into smart individuals. I believe they should be paid much more than what they are being paid now.

• Teachers should be paid more!

• They are teachers!!!!!!!!!!

Who is here make sure kids are smart. Without them people would not be able to get jobs. They wouldn't be able to fit in with the world. We need teachers. Teachers may QIUT if there not paid more. We got to pay them more. They deserve more than what they have

• Teachers deserve more

Teachers deserve way more than they get. They have to deal with misbehaving kids everyday and not to mention all the papers they have to grade. If we want our teachers to be good quality then we have to pat them like they are good quality. So thats why i think teachers should be paid more.

• They should get more

So what is the point of not saying yes I mean come on Lebrun gets pain like 36 million and all he does is play basketball teachers deserve more!!!!!! And if you want more teachers then u better increase the salary. We need to join together and fight to get teachers more money

• They should get more

• They work 10 months a year...

They have an automatic 2 month vacation, work roughly 210 a year, and receive great benefits. No they do not deserve a raise. They have ample opportunity to work and make extra money but most choose not too. I also believe that you know the pay going in but decide afterwards you deserve a 50% plus raise..... I don't think so.

• They Should Absolutely Not Be Paid Higher

Teachers don't do back-breaking work or work from dawn to dusk like those who work on minimum wage to support their families. One might say this is the person's fault who decided to work minimum wage in the first place, however, it's not one's fault who are immigrants or the economy hit them hard and now they have no choice. Teachers got a chance to go to college and got their jobs for granted. Moreover, teachers do not save people's lives like a doctor or nurse. I know doctors and nurses that make only $800 a week working full time as compared to teachers who make $1000, working only five days a week. Do your research and you will find teachers are paid surprisingly high, especially in states such as NY and California. In the end, too, no one told anyone to become a teacher. Additionally, teachers and school do not technically "teach" or create people, people are the ones who create who they are through personal experiences.

• Yes teachers should get paid more than they do.

Every day teachers watch your children, play with them, joke with them, feed them and most of all they are the people who teach your children how to be a mature and grown adult. When they become a doctor or a lawyer or even a singer/songwriter, that is all because of there teachers on the past. Teachers are the ones who create the future. Without them there would be no jobs unless a child has a natural talent in something.

• No one is forced to be teacher

Teaching is a choice like any other profession. If there are a lot people willing to teach at a particular pay rate, then it is prudent to pay that rate and no more. If everyone who teaches at a rate that is unacceptable to themselves were to stop teaching, then I suppose there would be a shortage and pay rates would go up. But, teachers teach because of the passion for what they do, and I think that is admirable. However, this "feeling good" about what they do, is a reward that enables them to be paid less. Look at his another way. If I need someone to perform X, and I can get that for $Y, why would I pay $(Y+n) even if I value it higher than they do. Look, teachers, if you have skills that are valuable in a non-education setting, find out what they are worth and decide if you can live with the difference. Asking for reward "just because" is foolish since the easy answer is always "because I don't have to".

• There jus teachers

They are not smart. There are stupid. They are dumb. They are nor supposed to be teachers. They are really mean...... Nah Just kidding.. Teachers are the best..They should get paid way more.. They teach kids for the real world. When they grow up they will need a job and the teachers are there to help them..