• Eliminate the National Education Association

Teachers in Washington D.C. Were offered more money in exchange for not accepting tenure, a benefit the NEA requires. Unfortunately, it was struck down by the NEA. The NEA has far too much power for a labor union that is an impediment on our national education system. After two years a teacher can accept tenure, a benefit that makes them virtually impossible to fire. I think schools should be free to offer the option to accept more pay in exchange for your tenure. I'm sure most school systems would do it and most teachers would accept more money. I would like to see teachers get paid more, but I do not like seeing them become impossible to eliminate if they prove to be a bad teacher that shouldn't get paid at all. Tenure is basically permission for a teacher to become lazy because the school can't fire them and the school system has to pay them otherwise the NEA will get on their case. Schools shouldn't get treated like that.

Before we can talk about pay raises and reform in our education system we need to get rid of the cancerous tumor inflicted on it which is the NEA. The NEA has been rightfully accused of putting the interests of teachers ahead of students and for consistently opposing changes that experts claim would help students but harm union interests.

• Teachers are underappreciated!

Teaching is an incredibly stressful profession especially in this era. Dealing with students in the 21st century is more challenging than the twentieth or nineteenth, mainly because of apathy, complacency established by technology, and low standards. Parents of those pupils are incredibly frustrating by constantly calling the school to complain, writing teachers about why their child deserves a higher grade, lying for their kids, etc. Parents of younger students are also difficult to deal with, but for different reasons. With food allergies/intolerances, overprotectiveness, physical limitations, and placebos, teachers are under pressure to deliver an all-inclusive lesson that maintains focus of all children without offending any.
    Teachers arguably have more work nowadays than in the 1900's. They not only have to plan lessons around students' various problems/limitations, but they have to grade them. The grading process takes longer than necessary because the apathetic current teenagers carelessly turn in assignments well past the respective due date, haphazardly scrawl useless, illegible answers, or skip school and expect a due date to be extended by their own discretion.

• Cash for our Educational Coaches!

Aristotle once said, "Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach." That's what teaching is all about -- understanding, showing, explaining, educating. Giving kids, teens, and adults the knowledge to excel intellectually. These scholars impact our lives immensely, yet they are unappreciated and under paid. With all the stress that teachers go through, a pay raise seems necessary. I realize they get benefits and paid vacation, but they don't get paid for all the overtime. Yes, teachers chose their career path, but they shouldn't have to struggle to get by in life. They taught and inspired those doctors, lawyers, etc. So it's time for them to stop trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

• Yes Of course

They are amazing! They work so hard and get paid so little. They also put lots of effort into teaching us, give us a good education, and prepare us for the future so we can be successful! The pros outweigh the cons. Also Teachers are amazing! (As I said before lol)

• Raise teacher pay

My parents are both teachers raising three kids and two pets, and we are currently looking for a house. Its hard. My parents want the best for me and my siblings and they really try hard to provide. If the pay was raised it would help families out a lot.

• I believe that teachers need more pay

My mother is a teacher and each day she stays late to plan what she should teach her students tomorrow. The works her tail off to make sure these kids can add, read, and write so all you teacher haters out there I would shut up because teachers are the ones that made sure you knew how to read, write and add.

• I believe that teachers need more pay

• They work long hours

Being the daughter of a teacher is really tough because since my mom is my ride home, I usually have to stay at school til around 4 when my school gets out at 2:20. Sometimes we stay later because the enormous amounts of paperwork she has to do (IEPs, 504s, and etc.).
    We have to get to school early because she has to go to meetings sometimes, and leave later than the school contract says (6:45-3:30). There are many reasons why teachers should paid more and I feel very strongly about this

• Teachers Need Higher Pay

As a teacher myself, I have the education and experience to teach and guide children's learning. If teachers get paid more than they will stay in their job longer since they will be able to support themselves. Also, if teachers are paid more, they will respect their job more and may love their job again.

• Teachers Need More Money!!

Teachers get such little amount of money, even for all that they do!
    Students are inspired by teachers, because the Teachers believed in them.
    I believe that Teachers should get a larger amount of money, saying that Principals get even more Money than the teachers themselves. Some teachers are blamed for things that they did not even do, because it happened in their class or their Grade they teach. Teachers are the ones that Help Students become who they are when they grow up. Being a Teacher is Important, because they do things even AFTER school, including: Grading Papers, Doing extra things for the Principal.... And so on (etc.). THAT is why Teachers should get a Higher amount of Money.

• They work 10 months a year...

They have an automatic 2 month vacation, work roughly 210 a year, and receive great benefits. No they do not deserve a raise. They have ample opportunity to work and make extra money but most choose not too. I also believe that you know the pay going in but decide afterwards you deserve a 50% plus raise..... I don't think so.

• They Should Absolutely Not Be Paid Higher

Teachers don't do back-breaking work or work from dawn to dusk like those who work on minimum wage to support their families. One might say this is the person's fault who decided to work minimum wage in the first place, however, it's not one's fault who are immigrants or the economy hit them hard and now they have no choice. Teachers got a chance to go to college and got their jobs for granted. Moreover, teachers do not save people's lives like a doctor or nurse. I know doctors and nurses that make only $800 a week working full time as compared to teachers who make $1000, working only five days a week. Do your research and you will find teachers are paid surprisingly high, especially in states such as NY and California. In the end, too, no one told anyone to become a teacher. Additionally, teachers and school do not technically "teach" or create people, people are the ones who create who they are through personal experiences.

• Yes teachers should get paid more than they do.

Every day teachers watch your children, play with them, joke with them, feed them and most of all they are the people who teach your children how to be a mature and grown adult. When they become a doctor or a lawyer or even a singer/songwriter, that is all because of there teachers on the past. Teachers are the ones who create the future. Without them there would be no jobs unless a child has a natural talent in something.

• No one is forced to be teacher

Teaching is a choice like any other profession. If there are a lot people willing to teach at a particular pay rate, then it is prudent to pay that rate and no more. If everyone who teaches at a rate that is unacceptable to themselves were to stop teaching, then I suppose there would be a shortage and pay rates would go up. But, teachers teach because of the passion for what they do, and I think that is admirable. However, this "feeling good" about what they do, is a reward that enables them to be paid less. Look at his another way. If I need someone to perform X, and I can get that for $Y, why would I pay $(Y+n) even if I value it higher than they do. Look, teachers, if you have skills that are valuable in a non-education setting, find out what they are worth and decide if you can live with the difference. Asking for reward "just because" is foolish since the easy answer is always "because I don't have to".

• There jus teachers

They are not smart. There are stupid. They are dumb. They are nor supposed to be teachers. They are really mean...... Nah Just kidding.. Teachers are the best..They should get paid way more.. They teach kids for the real world. When they grow up they will need a job and the teachers are there to help them..