• Homework is an important part of school, if we didn't have it how would students study for tests. How would teachers measure student progress?

• Homework teaches kids responsibility. Homework is also good because it occupies a lot of teacher’s time.
    • It was proven that after the cold war Russian children were smarter than American children because they banned all laws limiting homework.
    • Teachers give homework to measure the progress of their students and to help them learn important concepts.
    • If teachers didn't give out homework, then students would have no way of practicing the important things they have learned.

• I think that all teachers should give homework.

I think that all teachers should give homework. Homework never hurt anybody. Homework gives kids something to do that
    keeps them out of trouble. Homework
    teaches kids responsibility. Homework is
    also good because it occupies a lot of teacher’s time. Teachers need work to do every day to justify
    their salaries, too.

• Homework is good.

Homework is a great way for teachers to keep their students sharp. I think that homework can be used as an important tool in continuing the education of a student when they leave the classroom.It keeps their minds sharp and keeps them focused when they are not with the teacher.

• Homework is helpful

Even though I am willing to bet money that 8/10 kids would love nothing more then to have homework abolished, I think looking back on my time in school, homework is a very important factor in a students success in school. It gives them extra practice for the upcoming tests.

• Yes. I believe teachers should give homework.

Yes. I believe Teachers should give homework, because it gives students a second look at the material. Also it students a chance to use extra arenas to study the material such as the Internet. Students would get a chance to work at their own pace, as opposed to a classroom environment.

• Homework encourages discipline

Homework shouldn't be heavily weighted in the overall grade of a course, but there's no reason not to give homework as long as it isn't merely busy work. Although it maybe SHOULDN'T be the case, there are a lot of jobs where work is taken home. A large part of the function of schooling is preparation for the adult world.

• Homework is Essential

Teachers give homework to measure the progress of their students and to help them learn important concepts. If teachers didn't give out homework, then students would have no way of practicing the important things they have learned. If students didn't learn in school, they would be poorly equipped to be functioning adults.

• Homework Is A Part of Education

Teachers should be able to assign homework. It is a fundamental part of the curriculum. Not all assignments can be handled in class. This is especially true in the language arts. The best way to learn how to write is sit down behind a computer and write. It takes a lot of time, and there are not enough minutes in a class period to do it in school.

• Of course we need homework

Homework should not be banned or discouraged because of the vital role homework plays in understanding concepts, learning important life skills, and developing a strong work ethic. Homework allows teachers to gives students extra work and practice to understand concepts learned in class because teachers are pressed to teach a lot of concepts in a short amount of time

• Should teachers give homework to students or not?

This topic is extremely controversial, with dozens upon dozens arguing whether after-school work should be handed out. Personally, I believe in a compromise between definite homework or none being given at all, though I tend to lean towards more homework than not. Homework is definitely stressful, boring, reduces sleep (depending on how much is received) and often meddles with personal schedules. However, this does not mean that it should be ruled out. If the topic is particularly difficult, extra practice can be live-saving when it comes to exams. As they say, practice makes perfect – and homework is practice of what has been learnt over the day. Doing homework also encourages discipline and keeps the mind stimulated, which, if the homework is entertaining, is especially helpful for students who bore easily. This skill is also a good help during exams, because when you think about it, isn’t homework just a means of preparing for a test? Good marks come from effective ways of studying, and I can directly connect the dots between how much homework I did to my results in tests – when I was lazy and didn’t do my Maths homework once – once! – one afternoon, that topic appeared in the test and I could not answer it correctly, thus lowering my mark from an A- to a B+.
    However, I do not believe that homework is necessary for every single lesson. If students work well in class, less homework should be assigned; but if the class (on average) is struggling with a topic/did not work well in the previous lesson, homework should definitely be assigned. (By the way, writing this was my English homework. Irony.) After all, students often slack off in class so homework is essential to allow them the chance to pick up their game if needed. I strongly believe in a compromise between the two extremes and think that if this is achieved, students will do better academically while also allowing them to achieve their personal goals without any more stress than needed. :)

• No home work

Because i say so oooo oooo ooooo ooo oooo oooooooooooo ooooo o ooo o ooooo ooooo o oo oo ooo o oooo ooooo oooo ooo ooo oo o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• It takes up to much time at home

There is so much to do but homework takes up to much time and you could have been playing with your friends and box or even ridding your bike but homework had to ruin it. My parents would not let me eat until I got homework done. I personally think that there should be no homework.

• No homework ever

Because if they can't teach us what they have to in the 6 hours they have they can't teach llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllwhy r f d f f c v tv vr v trv rt vrv rv gv TV is important too ede rr rrded eded4f frfvtr 4d4f4 4d4drf rf4f4 4f45g4rfr4rf ftgr4ff 4fr r

• No homework ever

• No it does not help

Its has been proven that only grades 10 11 12 are helped by homework,homework causes extra stress on children especially kids like me im not with my parents anymore and thats already stressful enough and with homework thats just extra stress kids dont need we want to exersise and have fun that takes things of our minds and keeps us healthy.

• It is useless

It is relay annoying to go home and haft to do more school work when i have more important things like sports and things like that. You will never get a break and teachers never stop it. It is like they think homework is fun bet in the real world it is not

• Homework is horrible

Homework, first ruins a child's social life, second ruins their sleeping habits, I know I get half of the sleep I am supposed to, Creates SO MUCH STRESS on kids who should be having fun after an 8 hour day of school but instead they are stuck inside with piles of homework. It is unacceptable

• Why Homework Should be Banned

The biggest supporting reasons for homework is false. Homework only improves grades on tests in the last 3 years of school (10,11,12). Also the argument that it teaches responsibility is a lie, if a student is struggling with a subject or a part of class they should go talk to the teacher and ask for special help if they need it that's true responsibility not having to be forced into practicing things your bad at to get better, if you want true improvement go after it yourself not expect others to do it for you. Also only 5% of students actually get enough sleep because of over assigned homework's amounts.

• Why Homework Should be Banned