• Yes, Teachers should be allowed to.

It provides extra security for the school campus because sometimes just one officer is not enough for full protection on campus's. If they have had the proper assistance in training and know completely about what they're doing. I believe they should keep it locked up in a drawer with a key that only THEY have access to.

• Ji d d

Nigoeingosifg gjsdng[odfijg[odf dfgo[indfg]ofjg0dfigon j j ii jj j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j

• Yes they should

The reason I think teachers should carry guns are because if the school has a lockdown and an intruder gets in the school see sandy hook is truly a lightbulb turnon............ But we shall also think about the kids if she is a teacher she or he is teaching them to carry guns but thats my opinion evreyone have a good day.

• Teachers should not have guns.

Teachers should not have guns because they are educators and not armed guards. Teachers should not be expected to get military training in order to protect their students. Letting teachers have guns also increases the likelihood that they teachers themselves will use them against the students or against each other.

• No, no guns in the classroom.

There may be a need for armed security in some schools and perhaps a couple of administrators should be allowed to be trained in shooting and have a gun in their office, but a teacher in a classroom should not have an accident waiting to happen in her room with children.

• Arming Teachers Terrible Idea

If we give teachers guns, then violent situations in schools are going to worsen. The average teacher has no firearms training and would only make a situation worse by pulling out a gun. These individuals have no reason carrying a gun on campus, and allowing them to do so will only worsen these matters.

• They should not.

Teachers should not have guns. Arming the teachers in the schools is not a good way to prevent shootings, and will probably increase the number of deaths if there is an attack. The best way to prevent an attack is to have better security outside of the school and metal detectors.

• No, they shouldn't.

I don't believe that a teacher should carry a gun in the classroom. There is too much room for an accident to happen. I believe an accident would happen before a teacher would stop a school shooting with a gun. I would feel better about having a well trained armed guard or police officer in the school if there must be a person on the premises with guns.

• Could cause major issues

I believe everyone has the right to feel protected and be able to protect themselves; but, teachers should not to able to bring a gun into the classroom. Especially if they are teaching very small children in grade school. This could cause some serious issues if a child were to discover the gun.

• ABSOLUTELY NOT! What on earth is America thinking?

No. It's a educational facility. Not a military base. Unbelievable that we've pushed it this far. What ever happened to the freedom in this country? You know what I call freedom? Being able to walk, go to school, shop and no worry about getting shot. In America we don't have that. There is always that chance. But since you are asking if teachers should carry guns...I think that's a TERRIBLE idea.

Unless if you want students stealing/breaking or finding the guns that the teacher "hid" and then Starting shooting rampages then its a great idea! Overall, I see no reason to carry guns at all. Now that teachers are being pushed to carry them is just AWFUL.

• It is not safe at all

These are educators, they are trained to educate, not shoot guns at people when in harm. School is supposed to be a safe place not a place with guns that could potentially cause more violence
    Teachers are supposed to be role models to kids, and having a gun could prevent these kids from looking up to them because all kids know is that guns are bad. Maybe the little kids in elementary school will see that and think “guns are bad, bad people have guns, my teachers are bad”

• It is not safe at all

• Dfryhdreydrtyrtydrty rydy rtyd ry

Ryd ytrd ydr yer dryrdyrdydry ygu rd yud uiss iuh hiu sih hu husiu fsui ighhs uerihgiu shg iu husiu gh siu eh sdhrui hgs uesiu h gseui ghis ehg usie hgishe iu she ohse uhsui eh uies h iushe iu hsiueh soiuh eis osehi usehiusueh u hseui h seui

• Dfryhdreydrtyrtydrty rydy rtyd ry

• Who even thought about it

Lets just say it could fall into the wrong hands. Kids always seem to know where secret things are stored. Thousands of children die because of guns each year, letting teachers have guns might increase that number ten fold. And lastly it would terrify the poor kids or send the wrong message