• Yes i support

Yes they are young and telling them who you are voting for and teaching them to respect each candidate and respect others opinions is a necessary feature. More children need this because they see parents insulting candidates, and they need to know to be open minded it will help them later on in life.

• As long as they share them gently

Then show that they are opinion then it is very fair to talk about politics as it is a topic which some students might not be very well educated on and might want to start learning about the topic of politics. And teachers are meant to teach students about how to get ready for the outside world, aren't they?

• As long as they share them gently

• Teachers should discuss such issues in a scholarly fashion.

I do not believe that teachers should be allowed to preach to their students their political beliefs, but I do believe that there is a great benefit to allowing students to get access to a wide variety of opinions. If teachers discuss politics, I see no problem with it if they deal with it in a professional fashion.

• School is about preparing students for the world.

In the real world, students need to be aware of politics. They need to understand the ins and outs of voting and what it means to support a particular party. This is an important part of education. As long as they are presented with all facts and not just a teachers opinion.

• Teachers should discuss politics in their classes.

Yes, I do believe that teachers should talk about politics in their classrooms. However, it's important that they not choose sides or try to impress their beliefs upon the students. Having political discussions in class can be a great way to learn about our democratic system and the intricacies of our government as well as fostering an environment where the students can discuss the issues and develop opinions of their own.

• Debate is healthy.

I think teachers shouldn't be afraid to express their political opinions, and ask the same of their students. I think healthy debate is an important skill that should be encouraged in the classroom setting. I think if we want to encourage our youths to become diligent and knowledgeable citizens, we shouldn't make the idea of politics taboo.

• Absolutely not, this is highly inappropriate.

Today, my 7 year old daughter was asked who she was voting for by her teacher. She told me that her teacher asked all the students to raise their hands if they were voting for Hillary and then asked the students to do the same for Trump. She then proceeded to tell the children who she was voting for and why. This teacher told my daughter that she was voting for Hillary because Donald Trump didnt care about the military. This cannot be appropriate talk with 7 year old children that are too young to even understand. I am appalled that the teacher would push her political views on these children.

• It is just NOT appropriate

I was brought up to believe that you do not discuss personal politics or religion in school. Both are private matters and our lifestyle or opinions on each are not to be aired in public in a school setting. Having open discussions about the political process in civics is great. Discussing the history of different religions in the context of history, fine. But teachers should not be airing their private views or telling students to at school.

• No. It is stressful and distracting

(A Nazism mention or two is in this argument. If you are uncomfortable with that I suggest not reading.)

I already have the problem of kids talking about politics with the teacher in German class. But no, these are not German politics, these are American politics. It's always durring work time where he talks with kids about what they were talking about, but it ALWAYS turns into politics. It is stressful and just awful. I wanted to tell my teacher why Thomas Jefferson sucked because he popped up in my book but he called my sibling's history professor a feminazi and that ALL college history professors are like that because of one bad experience. Yeah. No. That should not be allowed.
    It feels like he is shoving his views into people's faces and it is only a nice non-stressful conversation if he talks to people who agree with him.
    I have to sit in the corner of the room and listen to music to calm down because of these arguments.

I am tired of it. Though I believe children should talk about these things with each other because it is almost always civil and though I believe it is important for HIGH SCHOOLERS to know what is going on because they are going to go out into the world soon. I do not think that teachers should constantly talk about it and shove their views in kid's faces.
    No Mr. Anonymous teacher, I don't want to know your political view I want to know what the German word for because is because I forgot again!

This never happened in our first year of German.

I wish I can report it.

• You are crazy

If i were in the classroom and I knew nothing on politics and I heard some teacher say what they thought on politics then I would think the same. The problem today is a lot of kids have no political knowledge so they will automatically listen to the teacher because a teacher is supposed to teach so they will a lot of the time listen.

• No way! Are you kidding me!!!

Lately teachers have not been teaching they have been telling you which candidate is good and bad not letting you have your own opinion which I know is really, really aggravating! I understand that we are going to be voting and have to understand this but I don't know about you, I'd like to pass my tests.

• No way! Are you kidding me!!!

• Are you that dull?

Teachers have no right to ask us our political views! They need to be teaching the material we need to learn, not going off about politics. They shove political views in our faces. Their influence is too great on us, because we look up to them for what we need to know. Parents and the news and legit websites are what we need to educate ourselves on the world and candidates now a days- and if we refuse to write a paper on our political views, you sit there and think about WHY we're refusing, not just the fact that we may be 'rebellious teens'.

• Teachers are here to teach

Teachers need to spend more time on teaching history than politics. I ended up failing the final because half the things on the test weren't taught due to the teacher constantly going off on tangents and to talk about politics, is there a point when the student can tell the teacher off and have them get back to teaching instead of preaching?

• No they should not talk about politics

No, I do not think that teachers should talk about politics unless it is in the course of study and teachers should always try and be politically in the center. Teachers are too influential in students' lives, especially at a young age, and the students should decide on who to vote for on their own and not from teachers.

• NO NO and NO

Parents should have the right to teach their own kids what they believe in. Teachers could end up discriminating against different opinions. Kids should not be told what's right and what's not right politically because the parents might have a different opinion. Kids should be aware of what's going on but teachers should not share their opinion with their students they should keep it to themselves.