• The Right to Speak

When students grow older at least once they would get inro a political argument. Having teachers shield their opinions isn't the right way to go. Of course, teachers aren't going to be convincing anyone to vote for this guy or to force someone to be a republican or democrat. Having students hear a variety of things and getting to choose on what they think is how kids grow. Its like ice cream. We'll pretend I'm a teacher who likes chocolate. I can't force my student to like chocolate ice cream, but I could tell them my opinion.

• Talking about politics is healthy

Political arguing is part of everyday life. Teachers' role should be supporting an environment of trust and security in the classroom, so that every pupil should feel free to express his/her deepest thoughts and opinions about the subject of the course. This could be achieved with innovative teaching methods, group-cooperative teaching, social constructive teaching etc. In this context political expression in the classroom could not do any harm. On the contrary in a student group -oriented classroom, students' opinions are on the center. Teacher just direct and aid the groups to function constructively.

• Freedom of Speech

Teachers should be allowed to talk about politics. This is due to Freedom of Speech. Any American citizen can talk their opinion without argument. If a student may feel uncomfortable or disagrees on the subject, they can tell their opinion. The teacher should not be in any trouble. I know a teacher who talks about politics during class, and it does not affect the way the other children think. If a different child has a different opinion, they can just say they disagree. Again, Freedom of Speech.

• I Agree That We Soul...

The World Is At A Fragile Place, And Our Kids Shape The Future. We need to be prepared for war/korea. I am happy to announce doald trump is a smurf. Screw you trump u little bitch. Go to hell. We hate u go back to the US/ and or China.

• I Agree That We Soul...

• I Agree That We Soul...

• You won't be sheltered in the real world.

I am a student in high school and I'm aware that when I'm an adult I'll be surrounded by people with differing views and I need to learn how to adapt. I prefer to learn these adaptive strategies when I'm younger than later on and be caught off guard. It also leaves space for debate in which my peers and I have to use logic and reasoning to support our claims, and you may be surprised but many people lack logic.

• To an extent.

Teacher's should be able to talk about politics, but there should be a few rules such as:
    A) They clearly state that it is their opinion and that they are in no way telling the students what to believe.
    B) They need to provide, at the very least, all the main views on the topic they are discussing.
    C) The discussion needs to be relevant to the class.
    D) There needs to be a grade limit on where you can discuss politics. Just for example, the eleventh grade (using the American standard for grade levels).

• Should they? No. Should they be able to? Yes.

I said no because i believe that it is very irresponsible to teach young mind concepts and tell them it is true. What if the teacher was a literal nazi? They could teach the children that they need to kill jewish people. That would be pure evil. I do believe that they should be able to as long as it doesn't effect the child's learning ability, but I only say this because I do believe in the 1st amendment. I did have one teacher that was super liberal, and he did not like me because I said that I supported trump. He talked about politics all the time, and made it clear that he was liberal. He looked for a way to get me in trouble. When I said that I read Mein Kampf, and that it was boring. He emailed my parents and told them that I was a nazi, and even told other students that I was a nazi. I told this story to show how dangerous it is to talk about politics at school, and that teachers are not always the best people to talk about politics, and especially in a classroom setting.

• No, because our school systems are extremely bias.

The teacher's arguments surrounding politics are extremely bias, and from experience I can tell you that a bias political argument, especially one in such a place as a public school, can result only in the teacher concluding they are correct. In a school system, teachers have the ultimate authority over the students, and that can lead to the usage of authority to press their beliefs on the students. Teachers should not be allowed to talk politics in school.

• Really, come on, its obvious. ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!

NO, politics should not be able to be spoken about in school. It is not okay to have a teacher express his/her thoughts on who should be president. Its almost like saying "here let me force your child into thinking this way, and sending him/her for you to deal with. Some children are too young to even understand the meaning of politics anyways. Why teach children the reason why, this world isn't going to exist 100 years from now. Politics is definitely something that should not be talked about in school by any adult who has common sense.

• No, Absolutely not

The fact that teachers talk politics in class is extremely irresponsible. The majority of teachers in high school and college are Libtards, and for the other libtards that is ok. But for the smart conservatives, that ruins their opinion of the libtard teacher. Thank you for reading. Make america great again.

• No, Absolutely not

• Creates Negative Tension

With the ever growing population of liberal teachers and liberal teachings, it becomes hard for a conservative student to make it by without being defenestrated in the class. When a student wants to rights about a certain topic on a paper the teacher WILL show their bias when grading. Additionally, what is being taught may lie under what a liberal may see as true but a conservative may not see as true.

• Absolutely not, this is highly inappropriate.

Today, my 7 year old daughter was asked who she was voting for by her teacher. She told me that her teacher asked all the students to raise their hands if they were voting for Hillary and then asked the students to do the same for Trump. She then proceeded to tell the children who she was voting for and why. This teacher told my daughter that she was voting for Hillary because Donald Trump didnt care about the military. This cannot be appropriate talk with 7 year old children that are too young to even understand. I am appalled that the teacher would push her political views on these children.

• It is just NOT appropriate

I was brought up to believe that you do not discuss personal politics or religion in school. Both are private matters and our lifestyle or opinions on each are not to be aired in public in a school setting. Having open discussions about the political process in civics is great. Discussing the history of different religions in the context of history, fine. But teachers should not be airing their private views or telling students to at school.

• No. It is stressful and distracting

(A Nazism mention or two is in this argument. If you are uncomfortable with that I suggest not reading.)

I already have the problem of kids talking about politics with the teacher in German class. But no, these are not German politics, these are American politics. It's always durring work time where he talks with kids about what they were talking about, but it ALWAYS turns into politics. It is stressful and just awful. I wanted to tell my teacher why Thomas Jefferson sucked because he popped up in my book but he called my sibling's history professor a feminazi and that ALL college history professors are like that because of one bad experience. Yeah. No. That should not be allowed.
    It feels like he is shoving his views into people's faces and it is only a nice non-stressful conversation if he talks to people who agree with him.
    I have to sit in the corner of the room and listen to music to calm down because of these arguments.

I am tired of it. Though I believe children should talk about these things with each other because it is almost always civil and though I believe it is important for HIGH SCHOOLERS to know what is going on because they are going to go out into the world soon. I do not think that teachers should constantly talk about it and shove their views in kid's faces.
    No Mr. Anonymous teacher, I don't want to know your political view I want to know what the German word for because is because I forgot again!

This never happened in our first year of German.

I wish I can report it.

• You are crazy

If i were in the classroom and I knew nothing on politics and I heard some teacher say what they thought on politics then I would think the same. The problem today is a lot of kids have no political knowledge so they will automatically listen to the teacher because a teacher is supposed to teach so they will a lot of the time listen.