Should teen drivers licenses be tied to school attendance or grades?

Asked by: Fanny
  • It reflects responsibility

If someone was regularly skipping school than obviously he/she does not have enough responsibility to be trusted with a car.
    Why is that?
    Well that is because going to class is a part of the school rules and if someone is skipping and/or disregarding school rules then he probably has a disregard for rules in general and why would you hand over responsibility to someone who has not earned it.

• Read this because u will learn

If someone is skipping school obviously they are using their car to go places. So if parents take advantage they would take away their car so they won't be able to go anywhere and teachers will have to keep them at school. Teens should go to school first and drive afterward to keep them at school.

• Yes because of responsibility

Driving is a privilege like I said so before and kids who drive in cars without rules and responsibility (which is taught throughout school) is stupid! How would you feel if you were a teen who skipped school for no reason and caused someone to die because of you being irresponsible A.K.A STUPID!!!

• Uh yes because...

Driving is not a right it is a privilege and if you can't be trusted in academics you shouldn't be trusted at all because it is very dangerous and it is one of the leading causes of death for teens and why should you drive if you don't have respnsibility

• Uh yes because...

• No because i said so

Because I said so and I am always right and that's all the reason you need so everyone will agree with me because I am amazing and better that all of you so you better agree with me because I am right ok? Deal with it or else you will eat some rotten cake with barf green frosting

• Yes it should

Responsibility reflects on everything. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Kkk kk kk

Yyyyy yyyy y yyy yy yyyy yy yy yyyy yyyyy yy y y y yyyy yy y y y yy y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y yyy yyy yyy y y yy y y yy y y yy y y yy

• Attendance at school and driving have no commonality.

A person can be sick for a long time and still be a good driver. My friend had an illness a while ago that left her out of school for a couple months. Her grades weren't good because she was behind in her schoolwork and didn't understand. That had nothing to do with her ability to drive though.

• Adf po op

Adfdfffffffffffffffssfvssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb fdb dfbf f df ffd v szb z bv fdbfd bdz bdf bfb dzb fdbdz bfd bdfb bff dfb zd bdzfb fdbdb dzb bfdz bfzbd bdb dbf bfb dfbdfb bfd bfdb bd bfdfd fb fdb bfb bd d d d d dd d dd d d d d d

• I do not agree.

The responsibility that comes with driving cannot be determined by just good grades.
    To begin with, a lot of people have been taught to take tests, not learn. According to the Council of the Great City Schools, the average amount of time spent testing in just eighth grade is a little more than twenty-five hours in the school year. Instead of taking the time to actually learn, the students pour information into their heads, spit it out for test, and then they forget it all.
    Second, people are not necessarily more intelligent or responsible based on if they get good grades or not. Einstein was expelled from school. Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, and Walt Disney were drop-out students. Neither Isaac Newton nor Winston Churchill were considered intelligent by the school. All of these people became great scientists, inventors, scholars, and speakers. But not by the school’s standards.
    Last, even if the only people driving have good grades, that will not stop accidents from happening. Bad things happen to even the most intelligent and responsible people.
    Some might say students may rise to the occasion and work hard enough to get good grades if they want it badly enough. Others think if you cannot be trusted with good grades, you should not be trusted with driving. However, in a school system, there will always be people with different grades, whether good or bad, because of the bell curve.
    Grades cannot define who a person is. Responsibility and grades do not always go hand in hand. Besides, what if someone misses school because of health problems?

• Completely unrelated from each other

Certain people need driving for certain reasons and they cannot assume that it is not nessecary even though to most it is. Don't argue and stop being ignorant. You will see that it does not do anything after everything you try to take away. I don't have anymore words to fill

• Driving and School are not related.

I believe that grades/attendance should not be associated with the ability to get/maintain a driver's license. They are not related, and you do not need one for the other, or vice versa. Several people I know are great drivers, but do not necessarily have the grades though. Attendance could be low for several reasons, especially medical. I think that they should not be linked together, not now, and not anytime in the future. It will simply just ruin people's lives more than benefiting others.

• No, thats ridiculous

If kids are struggling, they should not be punished even more. I don't know if you realize this, but some students are actually trying, but they may not be good at learning certain things. Also, a driver's license is between an individual teenager and the state, so school boards shouldn't be able to determine whether a young person gets to drive. Also, some kids have to miss school for important things, so stop butting into their personal lives and telling them what they can do. YOu know, if you say that someone can't get a driver's license because they're not good enough, you are just assuming they are not smart enough to drive, even though you don't even learn to drive in school, you learn to do it somewhere else. Anyways, some kids won't even care, so it's not a good punishment. If kids are denied this right, they won't learn responsibility for their lives and others lives. TAKE THAT NOAH

• No, thats ridiculous

• No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

No because i said so Because I said so and I am always right and that's all the reason you need so everyone will agree with me because I am amazing and better that all of you so you better agree with me because I am right ok? Deal with it or else you will eat some rotten cake with barf green frosting

• NO, THAT"s RIDICULOUS

• No, that's ridiculous

• No because i said so