Should teenage girls be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents?

• Yes, I believe that teenage girls should be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents

Yes, I think that teenage girls should be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents because they have a right to their body. If a girl has gotten sexually active in the past and knows that she will be getting sexually active in the future and wants to protect herself from unexpected pregnancy, then yes.

• Shouldn't be age restricted

Birth control is used for so many things other than for the purpose of controlling birth. It is possible for a teenage girl to get medication for other problems she might have so why not for intense menstral cramps, which is one thing birth control pills help. It should be allowed.

• Yes teens should recieve access to birth control with out parental consent.

Birth control is used for a variety of different things. Medical, menstrual, and then pregnancy prevention. I personally am not sexually active. BUT I AM ON BIRTH CONTROL. For medical reasons. I don't understand what this whole controversy is. Birth control is only for the good. It should not be frowned upon.

• No, because there are some birth Controls that can cause damage to your body and your cycle.

I am 17 and I had on of the implants and I am having trouble getting my cycle back to normal. Pills are the best birth control for women who are about 17 years or younger. Other birth controls should only be given with parents permission or get prescriptions from the doctor. Though many birth controls can prevent you from not getting pregnant, some birth controls can cause cancer. It is best to keep how it is now.