Should teenage girls be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control?

• That is health matter.

Yes, teenage girls should be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control, because that is a big decision regarding a girl's health, and the parents should be involved. Birth control for too many years has been known to cause stroke. A school can't give a child an aspirin without permission, but they can hand out the pill? Parents should be notified.

• Teenage girls should be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control.

Teenage girls should be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control. We want them to practice safe sex and not rely on birth control as their only option. I think parents should be aware when their teenager is taking the medication because there are some side effects.

• Teenagers Need To Discuss This With Parents

I believe it is important for teenage girls to be able to obtain birth control. In cases where parents won't allow a teen to get birth control, then I feel we need to provide them an alternative. However, I believe it is best for the teen to confront her parent(s) first, because their health is the major priority and it is far better to get a prescription from the family doctor rather than going to some hole in the wall to get medicine that could possible harm a person.

• Teenage girls should be allowed to use birth control without their parents permission.

Parents usually don't want their children being sexually active during their teenage years, yet for a lot of teenagers, it does happen, and it can happen very early on. The parents might have a say in what they want their child doing, but they can't control what they do. No matter how much punishment they give, if it happens they can't undo it. Teenagers might not want their parents to know that they're using birth control, and if they are sexually active, it's better to use it secretly than not use it at all. If a teenager is going to participate in adult activity, it's their choice and it might be hard to change their mind, but they should be able to use it on their own terms because it's better than getting pregnant. A teenager probably won't be mentally prepared to raise a child or can't deal with the stress of deciding to get an abortion or not. If they think they're ready to participate in adult activity then they should be prepared to deal with the consequences, but being a teenager, they are very immature and think they are immune to risks having consequences. Maybe the parents should be notified, but they should not have to get their permission.

• Should Be Forced To See A Doctor

I do not believe teenage girls should be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control. I have seen parents insist on birth control and I have seen others out right deny it. I don't believe in handing out birth control without a medical exam, but I do not believe teens should have access to it without their parents permission.

• Teenage girls should not be forced to get their parents permission to obtain and use birth control.

Anyone who is sexually active should have access to birth control, no matter their age. It is necessary for teens to use birth control so that they don't have unexpected pregnancies, and to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections. This is the best way to keep sexually active teens safe.