Should teenagers be taught about autism in schools?

• Would reduce teasing

My sister has autism, and many is the time she has come to pick me up from school and consequently been teased about. In order to treat this problem, I gave a presentation to my class, explaining autism. The teasing reduced, and people actually started standing up for me if someone was caught teasing. If all students were taught about autism, autistic people and their families would be happier.

• I think children should be taught about Autism aswell

I think primary schools (under age 11) should be taught about Autism because there are a lot of people who have it and it will help them understand. I have autism and I have even spoke to adults who don't fully understand. My behaviour is not my fault a lot of the time but people still think it is.

• It would be a great unit in health class

Autism would be great to learn about along with other things like what to do when someone has a seizure and why they have them. To be honest it could be learning material that could save someone some day and it could give students an idea of what they want to be when they grow up. They may realize they want to help kids with autism.

• Teens Should Be Taught About Autism

Yes, teenagers should be taught about autism in school, just as they should be taught about many aneurotypical psychological disorders. Autism, and other psychological disorders, are often met with fear and malice, when they are only different ways of perceiving the world, or illnesses that should be treated with respect.

• Yes, teenagers should be taught about autism in schools.

Yes, teenagers should be taught about autism in schools. Nearly 1 in every 88 children now has Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is not completely understood as to why this happens, and the various patterns of behavior can be difficult to manage. It is pertinent that teenagers, as well as all age groups, be aware of autism and the symptoms thereof not only to help understand this affliction but so that they may be more comfortable and accepting of those individuals on the spectrum. In doing so, it opens up the doors for others with mental and developmental disabilities to integrate easier into society without the ignorance that is bestowed upon them.

• I agree definitley

I have Autism/Asperger's Disorder and we need to let the children of future generations that people are different.Kids should know about all disabilities so they could treat them with kindness if they see one and treat them like their special. Also so that the rates of bullying can go down

• Yes, children should be taught about autism.

I have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, and, as well as many other people with autism, sensory problems, as well as a lot of other problems that I won't get into. It would make my, and many other people's life easier if more people understood not only what people with classic autism go through, but also what people on the higher end of the spectrum go through.

• Yes children should be taught about Autism

Children should be taught about Autism in school so they could understand about the kids that are a little different. I have Autism and I think that people should know about it so they could understand the things that I do. Kids should know about all disabilities so they could treat them with kindness if they see one and treat them like their special.