• Teenagers become adults

Teenagers are just a few years away from becoming legal adults. How are they suppose to just start acting like adults at eighteen if they have never been treated like an adult before? Becoming an adult is such a big change from being a minor, and learning how to be independent before going off to college and living in the real world is a huge thing. Teenagers need to start acting like adults and having that responsibility around fifteen.

• In certain situations

If earning their own living teenagers should be treated as adults. When applying for jobs teenagers should be treated as adults. Not young teens such as 13 and 14 but I think 15+ have enough maturity and knowledge to take on the world if given the unrestricted opportunity. However we are not given such opportunities.

• To an extent.

If you want teenagers to start acting like adults, they must be given adult responsibilities. Real world experiences are necessary for them to grow, and you're doing them a disservice if you withhold those experiences until the day they turn 18. There's no switch that gets flipped on their 18th birthday that magically grants them maturity.

However, they should not be granted unlimited rights and responsibilities overnight at any age younger than 18 either. They're going through a transition into adulthood and will still require guidance and supervision.

Posted by: Quan
  • No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• Maturity And Responsibility

I am just a kid and I think that we should treated like adults because, this will treat kids that think just since I am a kid I can do what I want and get what I want. Most kids just ask there parents for something and get it will my parents make me work for money and I get a weekly pay. Some chores my parents give me extra money like if I went to work with my dad I get another five dollars. Doing this lets me know that I need to save money up and to buy what I want instead of waiting for Christmas or birthdays for stuff I want.

• I am a teenager, 14 years old.

I work, i have back problems as well as some home issues. But I do work. I do go to school. I do make a good amount of money when i save up. And I get through the days and weeks and months of pain. I think teenagers should work. To help with their parents, to understand what their parents pay just to put food on the table. Because I can honestly say I DO. I know its not cheap. And it MUST be frustrating when you buy so much food that YOUR KIDS WON'T EAT. Well at some point you will get TIRED of buying food that comes to no use but the garbage. 14 years old need to know how back breaking it is just to put a good amount of food on the table. Or to support your families. I do. I do both sometimes. But I got my job to support my family and I've done a great job! Im passing my classes with As and Bs. If I'm capable of doing this own my own I KNOW other 14 year olds can as well! No need to sit inside all day when you could be working it off and getting your own money instead of asking the parents. Im not saying 14 year olds should live alone and drinks and all that NO. All im saying is that 14 year olds should work at least once or twice to experience how hard it actually is to put food on the table.

• I am a teenager, 14 years old.

• 14 year-olds+ should be allowed to babysit overnight

An 18-year-old is legally old enough to live alone and care for a newborn by his or herself without any adult supervision for an unlimited amount of time. I was just older than 18 when I did just that and 2 years later I had my second child. (I was married and I am still married to the same man 20 years later). I wish; however, I would have been better prepared for this by having more babysitting experiences. Starting at 14 you should be able to babysit age 8+ sibling for less than a week. Than at 15 babysit age 6+ siblings for a week. Then age 16 babysit age 3+ for up to two weeks. Then age 17 a newborn for up to a month. This would have been the best preparation I wish I would have received. I am not sure why CPS, the police and some people think we should baby teenagers until they turn 18 and then they somehow magically take on adult responsibilities.

• Teens should be treated as adults in certain circumstances

While teens can't think fully as adults because their brain isn't fully connected together their brains Grey matter which is what allows us to think is fully developed. Therefore teens should be treated as adults in certain situations but not in all because their thinking ability is fully developed but the different parts of their brain don't work together well. So that limits their ability.

• No no no

Teenagers are not enough mature to be treated like adults. Some teens can be treated like adults but if we treated all teenagers like adults, some teens will do bad thing because they are not enough mature. No no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no