Should teenagers that get pregnant keep their children?

• If they are capable

Many teenage mothers get over the shock of finding themselves pregnant and go on to bring up their child well in an environment of love and care. It's a fallacy to assume that all teenage pregnancies lead to unwanted and uncared for babies, and to decide that because the baby was an accident it shouldn't be born into a loving family is just incredibly sad. It is getting easier for single young mothers to bring up babies wonderfully and then go back into education or work - a mistake doesn't have to ruin lives.

• Yes of course

I mean, you chose to have underage sex, you should have to keep your child. You made it, you keep it. I mean, I get the pleasure and stuff like that, but did you look ahead? You didn't expect to have sex and have a child and not keep it, did you? You have to keep your child.

• She wanted to be foolish enough to do it

Let her pay the consequences. I'm sorry I have to be so rough and blunt, but sometimes a girl has to learn -- you don't want this responsibility, don't engage in sex. Period. Wait. That's the problem with kids today. There is no patience. Just straight sex and screwing. No sense of responsibility.

• It's not the child's fault.

If a teenager is stupid enough to get pregnant, that has no tie to the child. That kid is alive and should not be blamed or punished for their mother getting pregnant young. If the mom gets pregnant, keep the child and love it as much as you possibly can.

• Be Responsible in what you do.

- Be aware of your actions and consequences. Sex can lead to many things including pregnancy. If you have sex you automatically put your self at risk. Obviously an option that works 100% of the time is abstinence however, in this day and age it is very rare to use this method. Stay Protected or Face the consequences that may come your way.

• A kid shouldn't have to suffer

Because their parents made a mistake. In some cases teens want kids, not all teens are stupid and irresponsible. Some teens feel they are ready for the real world, and ready to face challenges. I know some very respectful and responsible teens that are ready for kids, ( can handle them, but they don't have kids). Many kids in orphanages suffer because of their parents mistakes, it is not the kids fault. We have all seen very sad movies, for example Annie. They do have good endings, but life doesn't always have good endings. Think about before good things happen though, they are miserable. Most of those kids are miserable because of their parents mistakes. They should have a chance. If you are a pregnant teen, keep your child, it will be worth it. Don't let them suffer.

• From personal experience

I have two children and am expecting my third, although I had my first two very young. I am studying community services and my partner works full time. It is not easy, I was 16 when I had my first and 17 with my second (second child was the result of faulty contraception) but I have come a very long way, I am financially stable and work very hard for what I have. Age doesn't define capability, instead of pointing the blame at parents or the lack of education support and encourage teen parents to wake the eff up to themselves. Giving them excuses and running them down will only make them amount to nothing, yes there are a lot of teen parents on government payment, but instead of calling them names encourage them to get a job and get off their ass. Give them that support because for all you know they don't have it at home. Teen pregnancy is gonna happen every now and then, theres no point getting worked up about it and running them down. Instead encourage them to build a bright future for themselves and their young family.

• Why should an innocent child pay because of its parents mistake

The parent should possibly give her child away but that could affect the child more than staying with their mother because they will always wonder why did my mom give me away? Why didnt she at least try to keep me? And abortion why would you kill a child because you dont want to raise a child you brought upon yourself by having sex

• Most teenagers are not ready to become parents

Firstly, people rarely have sex in order to have children. Secondly, most teenagers don't have the emotional maturity/ability to take proper care of children. Thirdly, it is such a financial burden on not only the parents, but the government too if the father leaves, or the mother is a shoddy parent etc.

If a certain person continues to be irresponsible, then sure, I could hear an argument that would prevent him/her from abortion tools. But bringing children into the world when neither/ only one of the parents wants the child is NOT fair on the child and/or the parent that doesn't want the child. Have an abortion within the first term and the fetus won't suffer.

• Not at all

There are two reasons any teenager would choose to have a child-
    1. They are stupid
    2. The child is a mistake
    In either case the person should be made to either abort or give the child away, as the child will either grow up with a stupid or uncaring mother.

• That ruins a kids life

You shouldn't force a teenager to give birth and put physical strain on herself because of it, and also never care for the child. If a teenager gets pregnant, why would you force them to not be able to live life to the fullest until they are ready later in life to support a child? Kids (teenagers my age) are in no way shape or form ready to raise a kid. The mom, dad, grandparents, and other family members would have to pitch in to support one child, and some teenagers don't have that kind of support, using the child as a "lesson learning" item rather than a baby.There's simply no reason to force someone to have kids, no matter what the age.

• Teenager should have informed choice, not just keep the child

You keep the child, you burden your parents with raising it cz you are a teenager and can't give the child a proper upbringing, and don't have the money to provide him/her with basic necessities, so basically the child burdens the society and his grandparents. A child should not be seen as a kind of punishment for sex - cz how will the teenage parents treat such child? Not well - and that will result in an unhappy life for the child and the parents. Furthermore, it ruins the life of the teenager cz she won't be able to succeed in life and finish her education now that she has such a burden.

• Need to focus on school

Teens don't need to be at home wasting their time on a kid when they have their whole life to do that! They need to be in school rather than out having sex. When you miss these skills that you learn in school you can't get them back. You can't say not have sex but teens should know how not to get pregnant! This is why schools have sex education so kids can educate themselves

• Can't afford it! Abortion time!

Babies are hella expensive. Their diapers cost a fortune same with their food. Their toys amd their clothes too! When she goes to school monday to friday, have fun trying to find a way to afford a sitter in those days for 6 hours. Worst part is that kid's health care. Not even 3 minimum wage jobs with trying to balance school and social life will properly take care of this kid. So i will say... Abort that oops baby!

Preston says2014-07-18T19:56:21.600
Where was this picture taken, it looks so sketch, like out of the back of a car