• It's normal and not harmful

Teens are naturally very horny and they need to masturbate or else they might end up getting a girl pregnant or getting an STD. Every teen knows about sex and they learn about it in health so why is watching it bad? Their not harming anyone. Parents need to give their teens some privacy for God's sake.

• It's normal and not harmful

• Not just teens, any age should be allowed to watch view content

Unlike other things one may not want children viewing, like gratuitous violence, porn does not inherently contain anything harmful or wrong. Being sexually active will not harm a person or others they encounter (so long as they use protection). There's no reason to have a taboo about enjoying both having and/or viewing sex.

• They already are

And it doesn't seem to be causing any problems, so why not be honest and get rid of the age restrictions for watching it? More and more parents are not bothering to restrict access, which is a good thing I think! And when the current generation become parents, I don't think many will even think about stopping there kids from enjoying porn. The days of innocence are long gone. Lets stop being prudish about it!

• 13 and under no 13 and up yea

Ok puberty is a bitch and being a teenager is even worse now imagine being horny on top of that , porn is a way to release that horniness , would you rather your 13 year old humping a girl possibly catching STDs or even worse getting girls pregnant or would you rather then masterbate and watch porn , and even if not they're still going to do it any way ( watch porn ) I know I did I loved it , why take something like that away they're not hurting anyone so leave them alone

• Yes they should.

They're mature enough to have sex without getting someome pregnant. If you do it right no harm comes out of it. It's just like functioning as an adult. They're old enough to be watching porn because everything is going well in their body because they're old enough to do it.

• Yes they should. Sexual repression is unhealthy.

Sexual repression is unhealthy. If teens don't look at porn, then they will likely have sex. Porn has recently been proven by psychology to be harmless to anyone including minors. Shielding them from it is damaging. Since internet porn, teen pregnancies and sex crimes are lower than ever, no joke.

• Yes of course it's healthy and normal.

I've grown up in a generation that has had access to the Internet for their entire lives and if anything we have the healthiest attitude towards sex and nudity out of any previous generation. I myself have been watching porn since I was ten and I could immediately tell that they were not an accurate reflection of relationships so if a ten year old can acknowledge this then that argument is absolutely ridiculous.

• Of course, I see absolutely no reason why not.

The majority of arguments against porn here give little or no reason as to why, for example, I see some people saying that it's not appropriate for kids because it gives a warped view of relationships. I've grown up in a generation that has had relatively easy access to the Internet for their entire lives, I myself started watching porn when I was around ten or eleven and even as a ten year old I knew that porn wasn't an accurate reflection of normal relationships and if a ten year old is easily able to immediately acknowledge that then I don't know why people think that this is even an issue. I've never known anyone out of my generation to have porn affect them in a negative way, in fact if anything it helps to remove the social stigma of talking about nudity and sex etc... So I in conclusion watching porn is a perfectly natural and healthy thing to do.

• Its totally normal

Almost every teen watches porn. No matter what u do u can't stop it. Its normal. Teens r interested and curious. I they're in puberty. Hormones give sexual desires and urges. Its ok. They'll grow out of it. Just let them watch it. Almost every teen watches it. No matter what u do, they'll find a way.

• It is a Real childhood runinner

This is should Never be aloud porn should not even be able to become having sex is your own personally thing you dont need the media ro see it all i mean it is some sick stuff i hope a law passes that BANs porn for ever because it is a waist of time!

• Could be harmful

The fact is that at the moment we don't know what the possible outcomes are of people viewing hard porn from a young age, there could be serious problems in the near future. Why run that risk? Parents should keep a careful eye on what their children are doing online. I know many people say that it is too late to do anything about it and it is too easy to get around whatever safeguards are put in place , but I think we should at least make it difficult for them to access it. Most parents are doing this, and it is the correct thing to do.

• Just because many kids are already watching it doesn't mean it is OK!

The fact is that we don't know what the possible outcomes are of people viewing hard porn at a young age, there could be serious problems in the near future. Why run that risk? Parents should keep an eye on what their children are doing outline and like someone has already said in this discussion, at least make it difficult for them to access it. Most are doing this, and it is the correct thing to do.

• Age restrictions needed

Depends on what you mean by 'teen', after all a typical 13 yr old is very different from a typical 18 year old, but there is evidence to support the view that there should be some kind of age restriction. Alexandra Katehakis, a sex and family therapist and writer, has written a number of times on this subject - in particular on the effect that regular porn watching can have on younger teens and children. Other studies have suggested that regular exposure at a young age (before puberty or below 13 or 14) could have harmful outcomes in terms of long-term mental health or sexual conduct in some cases.

So even though it may be unrealistic to try to prevent 16 year olds from accessing it, there is good reason to try to restrict access for younger teens and especially young children. But parents and other adults responsible for looking after minors should not think that a mere law will be enough, they need to take responsibilty themselves.

Of course, some underage kids will find a way to access if they are determined enough, but like an earlier post here says, at least make it difficult for them.

• Not appropriate for kids

Not appropriate for the child population because bad for health. Makes you tired, stressed, need sleep,bad language is used. Not allowed of approved by many parents or any adults. Bad for developing minds and brains. Does follow thoughts in teens but not good way of expressing emotions. Should be completely banned from younger than 18 year olds

• Good reasons not to

Although of course many do anyway. However most porn does not give a realistic portrayal of sex, often being very misogynist as women in it tend to be passive partners who are willing to do whatever the men want to. It can give s very warped view of sex. For this reason it should not be used as a way to learn about sex. Parents should at least make if difficult for their kids to access it.

• No, teens should not be allowed to watch pornography.

Pornography typically gives a very warped view of what a relationship is all about, and kids have impressionable minds that will soak up what they see, and also desensitize them. The images in pornography are explicit and would not be suitable for young people to watch, and likely would only lead to trouble and, potentially, misbehavior as a result.

• It's 18 & up for a reason

Even though we all know teenagers watch pornography anyway, it is called "adult entertainment" for a very obvious reason. Therefore, no, teenagers should not legally allowed to have access to pornography until they become a legal adult on their 18th birthday. Pornography can become very explicit, and there are just certain things a young kid should not see.