• They are mature enough.

The minimum driving age for one to get their license is 16 years old, and I think it's more then fine to stay that way. I think at 16, your average teenager is mature enough to understand the importance and responsibility of getting behind the wheel. Plus they will learn much by the time they are 18.

• Yes, teens should be allowed to drive a car.

I believe that teens should be allowed to drive a car as long as they have a license and have completed driver's education. Teens learn responsibility by learning to drive. Cars also give them the independence that so many of them want at this age. They can learn financial responsibilities if they have to contribute to the gas, insurance, etc.

• Yes, you have to learn sometime.

Yes, teens should be allowed to drive a car, because they have to learn sooner or later. Teens are dangerous drivers because they are inexperienced, not because they are bad drivers. If the teens are given experience, they can become good drivers. Teens are less of a burden on their parents if they can drive.

• You never know

Yes, it is dangerous for teenagers to drive, but so is it for adults. In fact it's dangerous for everyone to drive. No one is safe- but if you start driving at an early age you have more experience, and its less likely for you to get into a wreck. Plus i don't think its fair for all teenagers to have to suffer for the loss of very few. Some teen's have working parents who are not able to take them to there after school activities...... Never thought about that did u..... My point exactly!!!

• The age to drive is lower for a reason.

Let's not overly simplify this, If anything we should be adjusting the process to give a license and permit to people who would take it seriously. From my personal experience I feel more comfortable driving with a teen whose had their license for atleast two months. This is because what they learned about road safety and rules is fresh in their minds. Also because they know that they are highly likely to get into a car crash because they are new drivers and teens (they aren't stupid). Because they know driving is the most dangerous thing they can do, they are cautious and follow all the rules (if they didn't than they wouldn't have been granted the license). When I'm driving with an adult they always have outdated information of road rules, don't take driving as seriously because they have never been in a crash or they have had their license for years, are super inpatient and have more road rage (teens are more laid back), they multitask in the car because of boredom, they go way over the speed limit (my dad went 80mph in a 65mph zone), they NEVER check their blind spot, and the worse part is that they forget that they are controlling a potentially dangerous machine (because their experience makes them overly confident). My argument may be purely based on personal experience but even then it proves that we shouldn't punish teens that are fully capable of having the privilege, and even need to drive. There are so many teens that are safer than adults but that's ignored when there are other teens who are not. We all know the risks of driving so if you don't want to drive on the same road as a teen than don't drive.

• Cuz man cuz

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lollllll lol lol lol lol im so bored ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha hahha hajhaha haha haha haha hhah hhahha hahah habaha hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• Yes they should

I am a teenager myself and let me just say that it is very annoying that we cant drive a car before the age of 16. Why do i say this you ask? Well when kids are 15 they pretty much know how the car works, I've asked what does what and what some of the other things are for. I would like to be able to drive because I know what to do, what the signs mean, and i know how fast i should or shouldn't be going. Not all teenagers are irresponsible, we should be able to learn and given the privilege to show that we are mature enough to drive, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

• Ya ya ya

Ya, cause they need to go places and kids who have driven before have more experience than kids who live in the city. So kids who live in the country have drove before and know how so they should be aloud to get a license because they have places to be and they have jobs.

• Ya ya ya

• Ya ya ya

• They are irresponsible

Teens always find a way to get into trouble driving a car only makes it much worse faccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccts mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yy km ji lm a b c d r fh rights jgj jihad him o7 n h v f p w g 88 woman o7 kids are in my mind the United Nations

• Should be 21

Most people aren't mature enough to drive at 21 let alone 16. Most adults have no business behind the wheel of a automobile. Look at how many people can't even drive a Manual transmission.
    Remember there's nothing in the books that gives anybody the right to drive in this country it's a privilege.

• I get it, it is fun. But would you rather have fun or get injured while trying.

Teens are not mature yet or responsible. So they should should should get a life e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e

• No teens should not drive

Teens should not be aloud to drive because of the crashes deaths d.U.I. Ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd dddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddd k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• Responsibility not an entitlement

I couldn't wait to turn 16 because I thought that meant freedom and Independence. I pictured myself having a job having a car and being able to go see friends and date and do the things my parents wouldn't let me do. I wanted to be able to go on mini road trips and have long talks with friends, burn through them about the real world. I came from a family where there were no overnight guests and we're more than once friends were sent home because of the conversation topic. When I asked about a license my parents laughed in my face, same with getting a job. I was not to babysit or to offer to do paid housework for others. Their reason for not allowing us to drive was exactly that: too much freedom. They felt, correctly I see now but there was no where we needed to go that they or an approved parent couldn't take us. We also we're not allowed to ride with friends who were driving. If our friends tried to change plans, then our parents were right there to veto it where to make us stop and think about whether it was wise.

I tried telling them that you could easily get in a situation where you're trapped if you have no vehicle and when I went away to college I immediately made spontaneous decisions and started doing things they wouldn't allow. Typical experimenting but it bit me in the ass. I can see now exactly why they said no to driving. Children of all ages need to show responsibility first. Our parents tested us by eavesdropping on conversations to see if we would stop the conversation if it became inappropriate. I was the one who dropped my voice and got very interested my little siblings were the ones who stepped up to the plate and change the subject. That show with my parents right there I was not very mature. That showed them right there that I would too easily succumb to peer pressure. A child who won't even change the subject over inappropriate conversation is a child who would probably be less than willing to call the parents when somebody's significant other spontaneously shows up and there was no supervision.

I believe that between 16 and 18 teams need to use that time to get experience driving because when they have another parent in the car with them then hopefully they'll be admonished to pay attention and only go where they need to go when they're driving. Driving needs to be seen as nothing more but one more responsibility and this Freedom should not come until they're 18. My opinion is to give it one more incentive as well, I wish you could make a law that they must complete high school and be 18 or get your GED and be 21.

• Teens make up 95% of highway deaths

Teen are so bad at driving. I really think that they should not drive until they are 21. Teens are so retarded when it comes to driving. In fact, they make up 95% of deaths on the road. All of the people I know who got into accidents where hit by teens. I hate teenagers.

• James eats shit

And hd d d d d d d d d d dd d d ddddddddd d d d d d d d dd d d dd d d d d d d dd dd d dd e likes it d d d d d d dd d d d ddd

• [u098yp 67i 76i

U[90 67 i67i 7ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i r r r r r r r r r r r r r r rr rr r r r rer rr r r rrrr rrr r r r r r rrr r

• It's very dangerous

I'm 15 and I want to drive but 5 people in PC have died and I got in a big wreck please change it in Georgia I'm begging you make permint 16 license 17 in a half please I'm begging you I want everybody safe my school already has a lot of people who agree #16toyoung + most teens die by car accidents

• Teens are not mentally mature enough to drive safely and responsibly.

Recent research shows that the part of the brain that makes decisions and weighs risks is not fully developed until age 20, so 16 year olds are not mature enough to make the important decisions that they will be faced with as a driver. Raising the driving age would create more safety on the road and create less wrecks by teen drivers.