Should teens be required to take parenting classes?

• I'm 14 and I agree

I'm about to go into high school and I agree. I think that sometime while we are in high school we should be be required to take a parenting class. Yes, my school offers it when you are like in your third year of high school I think. BUT, I feel that it should be required...In my opinion.

• I'm 14 and I agree

• Should defiantly be mandatory if it requires real life activity

Kids these days are starting to lose care in everything they do. Unprotected sex, is one of them. More and more teens are getting pregnant at such a young age, and have no clue what's around the corner. How to change a dipper for example. Or to extend, how to bathe, or teach their children properly. Children teaching children is very difficult, and therefore mandatory classes will result in teens being a little more "prepared" and will hopefully scare them out of unprotected sex. By the early morning feedings and staying up all night. They will also learn that their life would be 100% dedicated to their child. Meaning no more late nights out and/or no more partying.

• Yes we all need to learn at an early age

Most teens that get pregnant have no idea what they are in for. If they have to take a class it will either make them not want to have kids so they will be less likely to unprotected sex and/or they will know what to do when a baby does come into there life.

• Teens don't know what they're doing.

Nowadays, teens are having unprotected sex left and right and then girls end up pregnant. Then they have to deal with babies crying at night and having to let go of everything just for their kid. Yes a kid is a blessing, but you're gonna miss out on a lot when you have one. Teens should have parenting classes so they can make the right decision and wait.

• Teens should have to take pregnancy classes so it easier for them to decide and more.

According to Teens Should be Required to Take Parenting Classes - Essay by Sonal Daga “Taking parenting classes will make them realize it’s important to be self-sufficient, or have a career or be financially secured before even thinking of having a baby.” The money you make will suggest if you should have a child.
    Another benefit is if a tenager actual decides to have a baby they will know how to take care of him/her. “If a young adult were to decide to have sexual intercourse and not know the consequences, they could get pregnant and not know what to do.” said Ashley Gurney in One Word Life: Young Adults and Parenting Classes. If a young adult decides to have a baby they may not know what to do during certain moments, example, if they do not know how to stop their baby from waking up at night, the consequences are that person may get less sleep than needed, which leads to bad grades.Teens should have to take pregnancy classes so it easier for them to decide and more.

• Oh aye troops

Well, this will teach teens the hardships of being a parent. Also, if an accident does happen, they have an idea of how to raise the child. Not saying that it will be 100% successful, but it will make a difference for males and females. If they have sex, that is their own choice, this is just a way to help them through it with knowledge.

• I personally think teens should take parenting classes.

As of 2011, 329,797 babies were born to teens. Most teens don't know how to properly take care of children. Most children with teen parents suffer from child abuse because the parents get frustrated because they don't know what to do. Classes also provide safety like CPR and how to avoid Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

• Teens taking care of a baby.

It should be mandatory, for both genders too. They both need to know what happens with a child in their lives and it'll probably open their minds about protected sex. If your teen can't take care of themselves yet, they have a lot to learn especially how to take care of a kid.

• Yes, I am 13 and I think teens should be required to take parenting classes.

I am doing an argumentative essay on why teens should take parenting classes. I honestly think this is mandatory. I have a cousin who ended up getting pregnant at the age of 17 and her children barely survived. She was out at high school parties all the time and was not able to take care of her child. Also, the boy that ended up getting her pregnant didn't even stay in state. I think parenting classes would teach teens how hard having a child is. When they choose to have a child they will know what to do.

• No that's stupid

Teens shouldn't be made to do sex ed classes. There are people that would be grossed out, and not to mention it's kind of racist. You know how these programs always have pictures like this? They're all white girls in the room! Like there's not a single other type of person. Black teens have sex too. The people that make these are racist.

• I'm 13 and i don't think they should

Just because they wouldn't understand how real it is they would neglecket the child like i was i don't want any other child to be forgotten or hated because their parents think its a game like an online mmo or simulation you need to understand its real and you should not need a class to be a good parent

• No no no

Opening teens up to this might make them feel like they are ready and able to have a child because they "know" about it. Sex education should be required but not this. A lot of teens may be getting pregnant but that means you need better sex education classes. Ok.

• No. That makes no sense.

Parenting isn't an inevitable thing. Some people are childfree, either by choice or for biological reasons. It would be discriminatory towards them.

This will also worsen indoctrination. The schools will indoctrinate the future parents with their methods, which will rule out culture.

Having kids is like eating meat. It is both a choice and a biological function. Schools don't teach us how to eat meat. Our parents do. Similarly, parents are taught by their grandparents, and should be, since it preserves culture.

The Pro is asking for a "The Giver" society, in which our only purpose is to replace ourselves, and to do so in the exact manner ordered by the State.

• Not all teens.

While it is indeed a good idea to have classes for parenting outside of school (so as not to embarrass students and to not waste money on schools), it is pointless to force this on all teens, as all teens do not become parents. Rather, we should teach them how awful it gets once you get kids, and that you want to get rid of that thing in your stomach as soon as possible.