Should teens be required to take parenting classes?

• I'm 14 and I agree

I'm about to go into high school and I agree. I think that sometime while we are in high school we should be be required to take a parenting class. Yes, my school offers it when you are like in your third year of high school I think. BUT, I feel that it should be required...In my opinion.

• I'm 14 and I agree

• Should defiantly be mandatory if it requires real life activity

Kids these days are starting to lose care in everything they do. Unprotected sex, is one of them. More and more teens are getting pregnant at such a young age, and have no clue what's around the corner. How to change a dipper for example. Or to extend, how to bathe, or teach their children properly. Children teaching children is very difficult, and therefore mandatory classes will result in teens being a little more "prepared" and will hopefully scare them out of unprotected sex. By the early morning feedings and staying up all night. They will also learn that their life would be 100% dedicated to their child. Meaning no more late nights out and/or no more partying.

• Yes we all need to learn at an early age

Most teens that get pregnant have no idea what they are in for. If they have to take a class it will either make them not want to have kids so they will be less likely to unprotected sex and/or they will know what to do when a baby does come into there life.

• I think they should

Teenager pregnancy have increased since 2011 many of those are younger then 20. Having this in place will help and prepare them for what is to come. If they are taught then social services and other child services wouldn't have be involved and would not be wasting tax paying money training social worker as there would be few causes. Children who grow up in dysfunction family are more likely to be involved in crime and drugs which can all be reduce if this came to light.

• Teens don't know what there doing

Some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some

• Im 13 and i agree

All teens these days are getting pregnant and not knowing what to do with their kid and end up having to get rid of it. But its still not right to give this class to everyone because some people might not be ready or may just not want to take the class. So i think parenting classes should be provided to the kids who actually want too. But not everyone.

• My Experience as a child

I have been though hell thanks to my mom. I am in foster care with my now is 6 siblings. I believe that if my mom went to parenting class she would have made better choices like not doing drugs or would have got away from men who abuse her and us. Maybe she would have chosen her kids instead my dad's brother. Maybe just maybe, she would have decide to not have kids until she was married. I would not have been born but i would not have mind. I am a high school student and everyday i look around and see the "bad kids" and i think to myself i hope they do not have kids and treat them like my mother treated us. By having parenting classes students can see how to care for a child properly. And even if they still get pregnant at a young age, at least they know how to care for a child. If a student does not want kids they still should take the class because it has been prove the students care about each other more when taking parenting classes.

• Almost ever person in this side is ignorant

:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic:) read the topic

• Teens don't know what they're doing.

Nowadays, teens are having unprotected sex left and right and then girls end up pregnant. Then they have to deal with babies crying at night and having to let go of everything just for their kid. Yes a kid is a blessing, but you're gonna miss out on a lot when you have one. Teens should have parenting classes so they can make the right decision and wait.

• No that's stupid

Teens shouldn't be made to do sex ed classes. There are people that would be grossed out, and not to mention it's kind of racist. You know how these programs always have pictures like this? They're all white girls in the room! Like there's not a single other type of person. Black teens have sex too. The people that make these are racist.

• I'm 13 and i don't think they should

Just because they wouldn't understand how real it is they would neglecket the child like i was i don't want any other child to be forgotten or hated because their parents think its a game like an online mmo or simulation you need to understand its real and you should not need a class to be a good parent

• No no no

Opening teens up to this might make them feel like they are ready and able to have a child because they "know" about it. Sex education should be required but not this. A lot of teens may be getting pregnant but that means you need better sex education classes. Ok.

• No. That makes no sense.

Parenting isn't an inevitable thing. Some people are childfree, either by choice or for biological reasons. It would be discriminatory towards them.

This will also worsen indoctrination. The schools will indoctrinate the future parents with their methods, which will rule out culture.

Having kids is like eating meat. It is both a choice and a biological function. Schools don't teach us how to eat meat. Our parents do. Similarly, parents are taught by their grandparents, and should be, since it preserves culture.

The Pro is asking for a "The Giver" society, in which our only purpose is to replace ourselves, and to do so in the exact manner ordered by the State.

• Not all teens.

While it is indeed a good idea to have classes for parenting outside of school (so as not to embarrass students and to not waste money on schools), it is pointless to force this on all teens, as all teens do not become parents. Rather, we should teach them how awful it gets once you get kids, and that you want to get rid of that thing in your stomach as soon as possible.