• We are getting older!

I'm about to be 13 and i know i'm getting older i'm in middle school and we should have a bed time but we should have it around like 10:00 so we have enough sleep! There are a lot of side affects if you don't get enough sleep since we stay up most of the times we should have a set bed time.

• Boom Shaka Laka

Yes they need to be in bed on time to have it concretely in their mind so that they will be ready for success if they don't get the sleep they will fail classes and they will be made to stay back due to the lack of sleep so wait till they are 18 and out of school before they can choose not to have a set bedtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dcjsdkvj d f

Hey hey h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Dcjsdkvj d f

• Preparation for work life

Allowing them to stay up all hours of the night and have school start times compensate for that will not help them when they entering the working world. They need to learn that when they have responsibilities they have to do things accordingly to take care of those responsibilities which includes going to be early enough to function then they need to.

• Teens should definitely have a bedtime!!

Sleep is so important for our mind and body. I believe teens should learn to make some decisions on their own but sleep should not be one of them! With enough sleep, teens are able to make better grades and make better decisions and enjoy better health. Most teens need to be in bed by 8pm at the latest!

• We are becoming more mature and we only need 9 or 8 hours of sleep

Teens should be able to go to sleep at like 10:30pm or 11:00pm and parents should be trusting us because we are growing up and we are becoming more mature and when i turn 13 years old we are teens now and i think teens should be able to pick our bed time because we arebecoming more responsible.

• Yes they should

When I became a teenager at 13 yrs of age I was still been put to bed at 7pm. This was because I had two younger brothers at the time one was still a baby and the other was 2 years younger than me. Our Mother would like us all to be bathed and in pyjamas and ready for bed by 6-30pm latest. Some nights if our parents were going out bedtime could be even as early as 6pm and we would find ourselves in pyjamas by by 5pm. Our Mother would always like us to go bed at the same time as our baby brother as she said he would not settle without us,
    We absolutely hated this but would have to do as we were told

• Their teens god damn it!

If they stay up late and it's their decision, then it's still their responsiblity. If they stay late and they have some issues like late to school, then their should be consequences. Parents should understand that their "child" is a teen, so they should talk things out and make agreements like if the teen can stay up late, he/she has the responsiblilty to go to school on time or their will be consequences.

• Their teens god damn it!

• Teens are more responsible

I believe that teens are able to choose their own bedtime because they are responsible enough to make that decision. They are probably staying up longer because of their homework or other projects in school. People are saying that it is unhealthy but the teachers give so much homework in high school they need more time to get it done

• Teens should not have a bed time

Their teens god damn it! They should be able to know what time is right for them to sleep and if they are to have issues at school and it effect their school work then they there gonna face their consequence so either they sleep when they want to or they don't sleep at all.

• No they should not

Yes, I feel mature children and/or teens should be able to pick our own bedtime because if we teach ourselves when to go to bed, we will learn responsibility. We know better than our parents do about what is going on in the following school day anyway. If we stay up too late, we still have to wake up in time to get ready and drive to school. If we are tired, it is our fault, but that is also how we learn to go to bed earlier on our own. As time goes on, we can form a schedule that fits our needs, knowing that we did it without a parent. You still have to know how to control yourself, though. Be mature about it! You can't go to bed at 2 am, and expect to thoroughly wake up at, let's say 6 the next morning. This will set an example for other children and for ourselves when we are older. As concluded by most children's standards, we should be able to pick our own bedtime, and not have to be controlled in that way by our parents. With me my mom did it by first giving me one and telling me if I went to bed on time she would give me the choice of changing it by an 1 hr or so. It worked for me I'm 15 and my bed time goes back an half and hour with each year when i turn 17 it's when ever i want I think that they should be able to go to bed whenever they decide to , they shouldn't have to go to bed against their own will. That would suck!

• No they should not

• Yes they should

Yes, I feel mature children and/or teens should be able to pick our own bedtime because if we teach ourselves when to go to bed, we will learn responsibility. We know better than our parents do about what is going on in the following school day anyway. If we stay up too late, we still have to wake up in time to get ready and drive to school. If we are tired, it is our fault, but that is also how we learn to go to bed earlier on our own. As time goes on, we can form a schedule that fits our needs, knowing that we did it without a parent. You still have to know how to control yourself, though. Be mature about it! You can't go to bed at 2 am, and expect to thoroughly wake up at, let's say 6 the next morning. This will set an example for other children and for ourselves when we are older. As concluded by most children's standards, we should be able to pick our own bedtime, and not have to be controlled in that way by our parents. With me my mom did it by first giving me one and telling me if i went to bed on time she would give me the choice of changing it by an 1 hr or so. It worked for me I'm 15 and my bed time goes back an half and hour with each year when i turn 17 its when ever i want I think that they should be able to go to bed whenever they decide to , they shouldn't have to go to bed against their own will. That would suck!

• Teens do get tired

As a teen i know that we get tired after at least an hour after our parents go to bed even if we are playing games. I think the parent should have the power to say TV off and that usually gets us to go to bed if not that is their fault

• We are big

Kids and teens dont want to go to sleep. They want to stay awake as long as they can, and as long as they want. Parents putting kids to bed at a random time, and a time of which the kids do not want to go to sleep. Parents say that kids do not have enough sleep and will need that sleep for their health. Giving kids extra time from being in bed not only gives them time to slack off, but homework might be an issue for them as students. Therefore giving kids more time out of bed in the evening might help them academically. If the kids tend to fall asleep in the middle of class, that was their own mistake, they should be responsible for their time at school. Parents worry that their children wont have the sleep they need. Well, parents have their own things to deal with, kids should only be a priority for feeding them and taking care of them. But then, giving kids sleep is taking care of them. Well, as a counter argument, parents want their kids to be responsible, there is a way to be responsible: by choosing their own time as to when they want to go to sleep. Each kid has a time in their mind as to when they want to sleep. If kids/teens are in bed, it doesn't mean that they will actually go to sleep, they might be wide awake. And giving them a pill might not be essential to their health. Independence is something that everyone wants, parents wanted that didn't they? And didn't they get it. Well, to make things fair, kids should have their independence by choosing their bedtime. America is a free country, well that shouldn't just apply for adults, kids should have that same amount of freedom. That should apply to all their requests for freedom, if its a curfew from being out of the house, gaming all they want. And if kids have a number and a time to go to bed, and obey certain rules, then parents should also have that rule apply to them. That is why kids and teens should choose their time.

• They're older and more responsible

Teens are considered as young adults, right? Then why don't we treat them like adults? Teens are old enough to choose their bedtime. They are old enough to be mature and choose a good bedtime, and if we don't choose a good bedtime, then we face the consequences of being tired in the morning, and they have to deal with it.

• Teens have stuff to do.

A lot of teens get a butt-load of homework and don't have the time to it. And if you haven't realized it, this is the reason teens are failing school. If teenagers don't have a set bedtime, they have all of the time in the world to get their shit done.

• All kids know when they are starting to fall asleep. They should go to bed at their own choosing

Kids and teens dont want to go to sleep. They want to stay awake as long as they can, and as long as they want. Parents putting kids to bed at a random time, and a time of which the kids do not want to go to sleep. Parents say that kids do not have enough sleep and will need that sleep for their health. Giving kids extra time from being in bed not only gives them time to slack off, but homework might be an issue for them as students. Therefore giving kids more time out of bed in the evening might help them academically. If the kids tend to fall asleep in the middle of class, that was their own mistake, they should be responsible for their time at school. Parents worry that their children wont have the sleep they need. Well, parents have their own things to deal with, kids should only be a priority for feeding them and taking care of them. But then, giving kids sleep is taking care of them. Well, as a counter argument, parents want their kids to be responsible, there is a way to be responsible: by choosing their own time as to when they want to go to sleep. Each kid has a time in their mind as to when they want to sleep. If kids/teens are in bed, it doesnt mean that they will actually go to sleep, they might be wide awake. And giving them a pill might not be essential to their health. Independence is something that everyone wants, parents wanted that didnt they? And didnt they get it. Well,to make things fair, kids should have their independence by choosing their bedtime. America is a free country, well that shouldnt just apply for adults, kids should have that same amount of freedom. That should apply to all their requests for freedom, if its a curfue from being out of the house, gaming all they want.And if kids have a number and a time to go to bed, and obey certain rules, then parents should also have that rule apply to them. That is why kids and teens should choose their time.