Should teens in the US be able to drive at the age of 14?

• Yes yes yes

They should be able to because then parents wouldn't have to be annoyed by being asked to drive their kids everywhere. Also kids could take a car to school if their parents are not home in the morning. That is why i think children should be allowed to drive cars at 14

• I think that 14 year olds will get more responsibility

When they get the opportunity to sit in the driver's seat. And they might not get the overwhelming pressure to drive because they might have to save there money for gas.And young teens wont exploit the driving world like 16 year olds. They can get a steady job to buy gas and 14 year olds don't. I would only drive to and from school if i had my license now at my age. Not all teens can drive but there are the few and they would be careful enough to watch for stupid drivers. Like that one guy that drives in the middle of both lanes and honk and yell at him or her. So if anyone else can help my argument that would be greatly appreciated.

• Yes they should!

By letting 14 year olds drive they'll have more experience in driving by high school and college. Doing this can also teach teens responsibility and could give them a reason why not to play video games all day! I honestly think that they should make a car fit and suitable for teens that's a little smaller and slower than normal cars. -Tre Lavoie

• Yes they should!

• Hi people ni

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mm m m m mm m mmm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Hi people ni

• Ya people say that we would get in accidents but evrybody gets in accidents

If we start driving at 14 they say that we cant drive well that's because we are not trained just like a 16 year old and an 18 year old you have to be trained and if we start young we will get more experience before we are on our own in the world and when your fourteen that is when you want to go places and do stuff with our friends and our parents don't have to drive us because there excuse why you cant go to your friends house is because they don't want to drive you there

• Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Yes yes yes

• No,teens should not be able to drive at the age of 14.

No,teens should not be able to drive at the age of 14.Teenagers tend to be impetuous and immature and to trust them with the responsibility of driving and operating a car.They are also very prone to peer pressure so even when they are mature they may be influenced easily by friends.

• 14 shouldn't drive.

I personally do not think that it is a good idea for 14 year old kids to drive. They are still really young and shouldn't be able to have that level of mobility. I think the current age of 16 is still a really good age to begin driving for everyone.

• No, the driving age should not be lowered.

The legal driving age shouldn't be lowered. Fourteen year olds are far too young to drive. Already, teen drivers are the most dangerous drivers on the road, and some would argue that the minimum age should be raised. Teen drivers lack discretion, and accidents are caused because they're distracted by friends, drinking, or even texting while driving. At fourteen, kids are too young to make wise decisions behind the wheel.

• No. The age of 14 is too young to drive!

No. 14 year old children should not be allowed to get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. At 14 years old, children are often are unaware of the damage a vehicle can cause. Children and teens should wait until the age of 16 to become a licensed driver in all states.

• Heck to the no!

Why would people even think of this question? Teens at the age of fourteen can't even drink or smoke yet. So why would they be able to drive a car? Some kids won't be confident enough to drive at that age. To some teens, sixteen is even too young, and that's the age for a probationary license, I am completely against fourteen year old children driving.

• Please no. No

I am currently an eighth grader, and in a few months, I will be fourteen. Some of my classmates are already fourteen and that means if they are in the specific state that allows fourteen year olds to drive, they are allowed to drive! I'm glad my state is not one of the states that allow fourteen year olds to drive because I know many of my classmates are still immature and I can guarantee that they will end up in an accident if our government allowed us to drive.

• No no no!

Teenagers at this age are more likely to be on drugs which will increase the number of accidents.
    Also, that would mean there would be more cars which will pollute the environment even more than it is already and global warming is already a big enough problem as it is.

• We need to space out privileges!!!

All the privileges are just thrown in their faces at once! We really need to space out their privileges so that they can get used to them and go one at a time. Also not all can even see out the front window. They also have no reason to drive!!!!!

• No, they shouldn't drive!

This subject has been speculated on for a while but i think that teens should NOT be allowed to drive. Think to yourself, is your teen mature enough to make crash threatening decisions? Yes, it does give them a sense of freedom and responsibility, but at what cost? How long will it be until your teen is in a fatal crash? When and how will they use the freedom and will they lose their sense of responsibility to hanging out with friends on a joyride? Your child might say that they know how to drive or that they'll have to learn anyways, but ARE they ready? Although i am against the idea of teen driving, if a law that teens are allowed to drive passes then the teens should have to pass a driving test just like everyone else. With a grade of a b or higher to decrease the chances of a fatal crash. Even if your teen passes a driving test think of this, whos car will they use? Certainly now yours, right? It has been tested and proved that young inexperienced drivers have a higher crash rate compared to the more experienced drivers.