• Phones are a educational as well as for entertainment

There are a lot of educational apps that help kids learn all kinds of different things and they are so may things on a phone that are educational and you don't even have to down load them like the dictionary or the calculator that could help children do there homework or tiger things out

• I think that kid should have phones even if they are under 18

I think this because if kids are in trouble or have any sort of accident they might have to call a relative or a friend.I realize that kids may not be able to take care of them.But they could also need them to find the way home or whatever.In conclusion, i strongly recommend that the government does not take phones away from kids under 18.

• I think kids under 18 should have cellphones because it brings about trust in the parent - child relationship.

In todays generation the bonding between parents and children is somehow disappearing. So, if parents believe in their children and that their children will not misuse their phone facilties, the child will definitely not break anyones trust. Children too have hearts and understand everything. All they need is good guidance.

• It helps parents.

Yes, teens under 18 should have cell phones, because it is very important that parents know where their children are at all times. The parents can track whether the children are where they say they are going to be. The teens can also contact their parents in case of an emergency.

• They can be educational and safe

Teens under 18 carrying cell phones can have them as a way of keeping themselves safe, since they can always stay in touch with parents or call for help. While cell phones can be a lot of trouble for kids used improperly, teenagers do need social outlets more so than most, and they need to learn how to handle technology responsibly

• It may be the only communication parents have

Yes, kids under the age of 18 should have cell phones. In some cases there is not a home phone and it is the only communication that the child has with his or her parent. It is way for parents to know where their children are at any given time. I believe in giving children cell phones even if it is for a parent's self reason: tracking.

• If They Pay For Them

I think the amount of money parents pay to provide their children with a cell phone is unjustifiable. I think teens should have to pay for their own cell phones and for their own service. I think giving these devices to young people makes the depend on them and it makes them feel like it is owed to them, which it is not.

• No, teens under 18 shouldn't have cell phones.

I do not think that teens under 18 years old should have cell phones. I think that teens under 18 should still resort to using landlines and payphones. There is just way too many way for teens under 18 to get into trouble with cell phones. I also think they encourage some teenagers to neglect their homework.