Should television primarily educate (yes) or entertain (no)?

• I mostly use it for education

I can't really speak for anyone else, as I believe everyone should make their own choice as how they want to view television. I mostly watch the news, and channels like the Science Channel. Then I watch some sports. Even my entertainment shows are more based on education. I like watching lawyer shows and political shows.

• No I think television should primarily entertain.

The vast majority of people watching television are watching it for entertainment reasons, I think overall if networks wish to be successful then they should be producing entertaining programs on their networks, I think educational programs are fine but the majority of people use other avenues such as schooling or the Internet if they wish to be educated.

• It should primarily entertain.

I think television should primarily entertain, but there should be more of a balance. I remember watching Carl Sagan as a kid, and being absolutely mesmerized by his Cosmos series. I think having programs like that on television is extremely important as well. But yes, it should be mostly entertainment.

• It should be to entertain

I think its just fine for both,but its primary source is to keep us happy. The children can learn from it, because I sure don't want to do the things they do. I hope that parents use it in the right way though. I think Barney and all its counterparts have their place, as does adult education channels.

• Television is meant to entertain.

Television exists to take people's minds off of their own lives, as a result of this television should primarily exist to entertain. The majority of people watch television to forget about their boring existances and escape for an hour or so. There are other forms of education and even educational programs, but all television does not need to educate.