Should terror suspects be detained without trial?

• Would they give us a trial if we attacked their nation?

Terrorists most likely are willing to die for their cause or do everything in their power to kill US citizens. If we give them a chance at trial, they have the chance at getting a good lawyer who can find all the holes and make them. This presents a problem because the terror suspects are just going to come back and try the same things again. Why would we let them have the chance to hurt us. Another thing, if we sent a terrorist to another country, would they give us a fair trial? There is a good chance they wouldn't. The government there would try to bring that terrorist down as fast as possible to restore the peace, so why wouldn't our government be allowed to do the same?

• In other countries American "Terrorists" are being detained without trial

If you think about it, other countries have given the right to detain American “terrorists” as they call them without trial. And their conditions for keeping these so called terrorists are horrible and lethal. We treat our prisoners with much more respect and with high quality. If they have the right to detain us, we should have the right to detain them.

• They are attcking our country

If they kill American citizens they deserve to be tortured, detained and exiled to their country.
    I dont understand why we wouldnt kill them, they are killing our citizens on our soil, they are coming into our country and assaulting us on our home territory they deserve to die for sure.

• This would make such elements discouraged to carry out such activities.

For any terror organizations, or individuals involved in such activities, it would be rather difficult to carry out terror activities in a nation where laws against such people are very strong, rather than those countries in which the laws are quite relaxed. So, this notion should be made legal, that terror suspects, if proved, be detained without further trial. Also we cannot let people of our country suffer for the so called 'protection of human rights ' of such mentally ill terrorists, people with no essence of humanity towards other human beings....

• Yes, we will never see them again.

We need to detain all terror suspects until they are cleared of wrong doing. I am sure if they are innocent they will be cleared. If we let them go until they are proven guilty, they will take off and we will never see them again like Osama Bin Ladin did.

• Yes, they should be!

I believe that they should be inspected; terrorism is a current problem and if detaining suspects helps bring the level down, then yes, I think that they should be detained. If the suspects prove to be innocent, they should be allowed to be let go, as that's fair. Also, if an American were to be sent away, then we can't guarantee that they will be given a fair trial by the foreign country.

• Knowledge, Female dogs(see what I did there), money

Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage, with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than meh Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day.

• Here in meh garage

• Here in meh garage

• Knowledge, books, Lamborghini

Here in meh garage with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than my Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than my Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day. Here in meh garage with meh new Lamborghini, but you know what I like more than my Lamborghini, knowledge, I read 1 book each day.

• Human rights for everyone

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5.

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 6.

Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

Article 7.

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 8.

Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.

Article 9.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 10.

Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

Article 11.

(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.

(2) No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.

• These people are "suspects"

Out of 700+ people held in Guantanamo Bay, only 1 was a possible terrorist.
    These people are "suspects" not terrorists. They are just random people living in the Middle East.

In US law, a suspect has rights for a lawyer and a trial, but why not for these guys?

This also breaks the Geneva convention, and treats suspects inhumanely.

• Everyone has rights

The constitution of America gives equal rights to all. People have had to fight for these rights for centuries and terrorists should do the same. Even with their crimes people should not be treated so unfairly and that is what makes America great. Everyone gets an even chance in the USA.

• Definitely not a good idea....

This law basically allows the government to indefinitely detain and refuse a trail to any "suspected terrorist". It is extremely easy to falsify such charges... Thus it provides a "legal", though ethically and morally incorrect, method for the government to circumvent the Bill of Rights. And don't be so naïve as to think politicians actually care about the citizens. Just read Animal Farm to see that; it was written based on the author's personal experiences in Spain!

• No, put them on trial.

I honestly don't care what happens to convicted terrorists; they are the worst sort of scum. However, those who are merely suspects should be given a trial, just like everyone else who is merely suspected of a crime. Just because the crime is worse doesn't mean that someone is somehow not entitled to due process.

• No terror suspects should not be detained without trial

In this country it used to be you were innocent until proven guilty. Anymore now though....the opposite has become true, and the idea that a terror suspect can be held indefinitely without trial is but one example of that. Everyone deserves a right to a fair trial before being charged with something, I don't care what it is. From the worst things a human could do, to the most trivial, everyone deserves that right. Put yourself in the position of the suspect, what if it was YOU being held captive for something you didn't do? What if it was YOU who had no way to defend yourself or prove your innocence? How would you feel? I suspect you wouldn't like that very much. If you wouldn't want yourself to be treated like that, you shouldn't allow for others to be either.

So no terror suspects shouldn't be detained without a trial, they deserve a due process in court like everyone else.

• How would you feel?

How can it be right to do something so morally wrong? Why should a person have to suffer so much when they are completely innocent? Think about this guilt free person how would their familes and children cope? It is agains this persons human rights one example out of many is 'everyone is innocent until proven guilty' in this case this human right is ignored. By a 13 year old

• Constitution, wrong conviction

What if the government decides anyone who speaks out against government is a terrorist? Before you say "they wouldn't do it" native Americans thought that and they were practically wiped off the face of the earth. Also, it is a constitutional right to a trial by jury. So, by us denying them a trial we In turn are tyrants

• No vreg gogt

“The constitution follows the flag” not for people out of the united states
    in a case called Reid v. Covert, the Court concluded that U.S. citizens have the same rights against the U.S. government when it acts against them abroad. This help shows that no one should be able to have rights if you are not a citizen of the United States.

• How is it fair?

We as Americans practically brag about how just we are and how we give everyone a fair chance. It seems that is only the case if you are chosen to be. I mean there are certain rights that everyone is entitled to. And I would feel different about this if there was actually proof that they were guilty. It would also be a little more just if we actually brought charges against them and yes there is a chance that a guilty terrorist will be allowed to go free but we take that chance with every trial. Also I feel sorry for the people who allow their ignorance and prejudice to cloud their judgment.

Anonymous says2013-05-09T18:33:24.580
Terriost do not need to be treated as citizens becasue terriost had brought terror to theworld or the people around them