• It should be banned

I think testing tobacco on animals should be banned because its inhumain. Imagine being stuck in a cage and forced to inhale concentrated cigarette smoke for six hours a day, pretty bad right. Imagine being put in their shoes. That isn't even half of the story, Beagles throats are cut open and are forced to inhale smoke. They wern't the only animals, tobacco was tested on rabbits and mice too.

• The animals are innocent.

Why should animals suffer for smokers? Smoking is bad for you and forcing animals to smoke tobacco is even worse. I think the animals should have freedom and not suffer this torture. I understand that testing on animals is making sure it's safe but they don't deserve this. This must be banned!

• Test on people that are for animal testing and test on criminals that have committed the absolute worst of crimes.

Really, it'll be fun to watch some selfish hypocrites cry and wail pitifully about how 'inhumane' and unethical this practice is. Not just that, but you'd even learn valuable life lessons and maybe you'd even begin to see things my way. Because lets look at it like this, in the big scheme of things you may be smarter than an animal, but you certainly aren't any less expendable. Not just that, but we don't seem to be in short supply of obnoxious, selfish, and downright simple-minded people; and if I have to choose between a stupid animal or a stupid human I'm going with the one that actually has an excuse for having lesser mental capabilities as opposed to the pig-ape that carries what is virtually an infinite amount of information in their back pocket with them at all times.

Furthermore, we should also take a moment to consider that our bodies are not quite the same as an animals, therefor it only makes sense to test on people to have far more accurate results.

If it comes between good people or good animals, it makes sense for good people to take priority. But if it comes to bad people and good animals, well, sorry bub, but I won't even respect your sacrifice because you deserved it to say the absolute least.

• Testing it on animals is pointless

Testing it on animals is one cruel, two sad and three pointless, why, because animals and humans are different, what if it only affects the animal, that'd be pretty stupid right, because it wouldn't help us right.
    So why shouldn't it be banned, some people are willing to do anything for money, so why don't we just test it on ourselfs if were so eager for money.

• Most certainly yes

The responsibility of our problems are ours alone. I'm not gonna pass my work on to someone else for example, because it's my work. This example is even worse since smoking tobacco isn't even remotely necessary.

On top of that, it's inaccurate. Experimenting on animals only makes guarantees with that one animal. Humans are not the same, and it's difficult to predict how we could react to the same treatment.

It's also archaic. There's plenty of other ways to experiment with these things: Micro-dosing, computer modeling, and microchips imparted with human tissue. All three of these yield more accurate results, and do so in a humane way.

• Just don't do it

I personally believe that testing this substance of all substances on animals is cruel. Keep in mind the effect that tobacco has on humans as it is. These animals are helpless. The situation would be completely different if there were willing PEOPLE to test on. To address some of the things said on the right column, it does not depend on the animal. It's going to be wrong no matter what kind it is especially since they have no say in what's happening to them. Also, I'm pretty sure that corporations would not force smoke down someone's throat. That could cause for some serious legal disputes and most companies try to avoid that.

• Just don't do it

• Do not test

Animals could get sick from the tobacco and testing it on them is also grounds for animal cruelty. I'm also against it because it will teach more people to give tobacco to their pets, which isn't healthy. It's not suitable for the well being of the animal. No testing! No.

• It should be allowed, but doing so in a painful and inhumane way (like is done in companies) should not be legal.

While you might think it is unneeded, what if we had to test it on humans? Would you rather these ruthless corporations took real humans and forced smoke down their throats? If a company can avoid it, they should but making it so that it has to be tested on humans is ridiculous.

• Depends on the Animial

If the dog is black than it's acceptable for it is the animal of Shaytan. Bunnies is a absolute no no and mice are fine for they have no signficgunce and this should also only be done for new studies and theroise but all of us know what smoking does we already see it on humans so this type should be banned.

• At this moment we have to think which is wise way.

I do also feel horrible to test something we need to figure out on animal but at the same time we need to progress on medical research. As we all human, we have to make an effort how to live well and healthy. If we do test on human ,that would cause bigger problem . So i recommend choose to test on animal rather than human but not abuse test to minimize animal pain.

• How else are we to learn about its effects

While plenty of people smoke say you wanted to know the biological effects of smoking 5 packs a day every day for a month. Not even most smokers would be down for that study. The more we learn about the effects of tobacco the better. Same for any other substance. There really is no other way. All the people in column Yes would shut down all medical progress and prevent things like a future cure for cancer.