Should the advent of new technologies ever trump the right to privacy?

Asked by: humanshores
  • My Privacy is counted

Simple thing, for sign up for email/social media /for e -commerce website, they ask specific questions which indirectly include our demographic & geographic information. This website can sell our information to others companies or even our personal enemy for gaining money , as for every business organization their primary motive is to gain profit at any means even though they speak about business ethics.

• No the advent of new technologies should never trump the right to privacy

I think that all Americans are entitled to some right to privacy, and therefore I do not think that the advent of new technology should ever trump the right to privacy. I think that we all want and need privacy and even though technology does help society it should never take away our privacy.

• There should always be a choice.

No, absolutely not. For some technologies to work, personal information needs to be collected. It just has to do with the function of what they're trying to do. But this must never be forced upon people and there must always be an option to opt out. Let people decide how much they want to share.

• Coming to a neighborhood over you.Police look to the military for drone technology.

Much time has passed since the Declaration of Independence was signed, by those,which in today's definition,were terrorists.That's right. Your founding fathers were seen as terrorists by England and even by what the FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security today define terrorism as being.
    Assuming the position of being happy to be an American, and enjoy all its freedoms and opportunities, do you find it appropriate to allow any loss of the Inalienable Rights outline in the U.S. Bill of Rights?Many technologies have been brought to bare over the last decade in the war on terror, and as many believe, rightly so.But when a technology becomes available, many also argue, that our founding fathers had no idea they would ever exist.So I argue this: When a officer walks up to your house, on your property, and looks through your window, or puts his ear to the wall and then catches the inhabitant doing something that may or may not be legal, but makes the officer "suspicious" that is an invasion of privacy. If it is then allowed by any law that contradicts the Bill of Rights, that law is void unless the Bill of Rights is amended through proper process. Non the less, if a new tech means a drone can look through walls, that is still an invasion of privacy. Yet so many would argue that it wasn't thought of when the original emancipation and proclamation was made.I would argue that invasion is always invasion, regardless of what day, week, year or decade it was done in. Thank You