• Yes,maybe even 13

There are some advantage that comes from lowering the age of consent.By lowering age of consent can also reduce teen pregnancy rate and prevent needless criminalize sex between two consenting teens.It's really that necessary to criminalize between two consenting minors at 13 having sex?Isn't that unfair and violate rights of minor?

• Yes, it should be

I think it should because 18 is just too old now. These children are just to far advanced compared to even my generation and that was 20 years ago. I think the technology has pushed them so far ahead, information is just so readily at the grasp, its not fair to think 18 is fair.

• Yes, the age of consent should be lowered to 16.

By the time a person is 16 years old, they are well into physical sexual maturity, well past puberty. With proper sexual education there is no reason sexual activity could not be consented to. As a society we have decided that 16 is old enough to operate a vehicle, there is no reason they aren't also old enough to operate their own bodies.

• Age of Consent Should be 17

The age of consensual sex should stay at 17 because 16 is just too young. The age of 16 is just as many girls and boys get more serious in their teenage relationships, but they also start to drive and have jobs. There is more responsibility at that age, and having consensual sex isn't one of them.

• The Status Quo Is Fine For Teenagers

There is little reason to lower the age of consent. Science shows evidence that most individuals brains are still not fully developed and that protections of society are necessary for these still developing teenagers. The risk versus reward scenario for changing the status quo is out weighed by the danger of exposing still developing adolescents to the world of adults.

• No, the age of consent shouldn't be lowered.

I do not think that the age of consent in the United States should be lowered to the age of 16. I think that the current age of 18 in the USA is fine and fair. Teenagers are way too immature these days to handle the consequences of something like sex. We do not need for adults to take advantage of them.