• Yes, it should.

Sexual consent should be something only an adult can give. If there is an a place where it is okay any younger than 18 yrs old than I disagree with it. Teenagers do not always know what is best, yes they are coming to adulthood but they are not yet adults.

• Adults should not be able to have sex with minors

The age of consent for an adult to have sex with someone else should be 18. Minors don't have the right to even make most other serious decisions by themselves, such as who to vote for in elections or whether or not to drink alcohol. However, minors should not get in trouble for having sex with other minors around their own age. I say these things primarily because I believe such a law would be more protective of the young.

• No it should not.

I feel like when your teenager, you're going to make mistakes. But losing your virginity to someone you love at the time is not one. As a teenager, you're being prepared for becoming an adult. People treat you like an adult so you can become one. One of the things that happens when you are a teenager is you begin to make your own decisions. You get to choose if you go to college, what college you want to go to, where you want to be in life. So, if you choose to lose your virginity to someone you trust when you're sixteen, that's okay. The only thing that should be happening, is we should be taught how to have sex safely at a young age. We should be taught what to do if we get raped or sexually assaulted. So no, the legal consent age should not be eighteen, but at the age it's legal today. Sex is something that people do to show their trust. So, if my child ever does that, I'll just tell them to use protection. Sex isn't something for just after marriage.

• The age of consent should be higher.

Teens under the age of 18 don't have fully developed brains. They are incapable of making decisions to risky activities such as sex. Sex is an adult activity because it requires someone to be responsible, safe, and mature. Raising the age of consent will increase the safety of young individuals nationwide.

• Sexual Consent Age Should Remain The Same

Sexual consent ages can vary from one state to the next, but most set that age at 17. I do not believe there is any reason to change the sexual age of consent to 18. Rules leveraged around the problem, do however, need to be looked at again, because we are ruining many young boys lives because girls have been brought up and taught that yelling rape is fine.

• I think it should remain the same!

Whether the age of consent is 16,18 or even 21, teens will still have sex! A law is not going to stop it! All this law would do is throw more kids in jail and put on the sex offender list! Why can't people just accept the fact that teens under 18 have sexual feelings? It's Normal have we forgotten about puberty?

• Raising it would only make things worse

Teens are curious and should be allowed to explore there bodies! By raising the age of consent, your making kids more criminals! If your going to raise the age of consent to 18, then you should at least ad a Romeo or Juliet law that allows teen to have sex with someone close in age!