Should the American presidential primary and caucus system become more uniform in how candidates are chosen?

• Caucus system is a joke.

All states should follow the same system in electing our potential American presidents. The caucus system is a joke where, if your guy isn't doing well, you can jump ship and join the other guy. This is not a system that should be followed. Where the presidential primary has some issues, it is a much more fair and balanced approach to determining our candidate. Whatever system is decided upon should be followed by all states instead of allowing each state to pick and choose their methods.

• We Need More Options

I do not believe that the American presidential primary and caucus system should become more uniform in order to determine how candidates are chosen. If anything we need more variation in how candidates are selected since it seems we've been getting bad options. I think we also need more candidates and parties to even out the issues with the American government.

• In the end, the differences in the two systems balance out inconsistencies in each other.

Each system is flawed in its own right. Primaries seem almost self-fulfilling in attempting to pre-determine a winner while caucuses simply determine who is ahead without ever speculating on who might actually win. Forcing candidates to engage in both processes, though, ensures a more accurate reflection of popular opinion of the candidates that ultimately come out on top.

• We Need More Parties

I do not believe the presidential primary and caucus system should become more uniform in how candidates are chosen. America simply needs more candidates and better ones. As of lately, it seems we only get people who are the best of two bad choices. I think we need new minds and different view points on a more consistent basis. Additionally, I think we would be far better off, if we stopped elected presidents into a second term.

• It should not.

The American presidential primary and caucus system should not become more uniform in how candidates are chosen. The current way that the presidential primary and caucus system are run work well now, and there is no reason for it to be changed, as it can have adverse effects that we can't see now.