Should the atomic bomb have been dropped on Japan?

Asked by: Homestuck12
  • It was good thing that Truman dropped the bomb

It saved a lot of lives and ended the war quickly which is good because if it wasn't dropped it would of changed the whole out come of everything!!!!!! And they would had a a lot of family crying over there loss of there love one and they would going 2 funerals instead and that would not be fun

• Estimated Allied Casualties were too high for anything but a nuclear solution.

If the Allies had decided to launch a naval assault like they did during D-Day and the pacific islands they would have suffered to many casualties to be worth the invasion. The nuclear solution saved Allied lives and ended the war more quickly. The atomic bomb saved AMERICAN lives, when you are at war your job is to-
    A. End the war (victoriously)
    B. Save as many lives as you can, specifically of your countrymen or your Allies.

• What kind of question is that?

Of course the bombs should have been dropped. It was either drop the bombs, or invade mainland Japan, which would have cost countless lives, both Japanese and American. Many villages had already been destroyed with conventional bombing, the atomic bomb just made it easier. Japan was told to surrender and it knew the consequences if it did not do so. The bombs were basically just to tell Japan, "Hey, the wars over man, you guys lost"

• Dude we already had these

Dude we already had these We don't need more. Therefor I want my vodja. People like bombs. Bombs save lives. Therefoor we need more vodka Dude we already had these We don't need more. Therefor I want my vodja. People like bombs. Bombs save lives. Therefoor we need more vodka

• Our appointment has been clearly.

I think it was necessary as a means to finish the war. Japan might have became a socialist country or advanced toward quite all different decision if the bomb hadn’t been dropped. It was because Russia was going to enter the war soon after that . If that had happened, our present lives may never have existed. There is the past, there is now. We have to remember the past properly. There were many people who suffered from frustration, bitter disappointment, and agony at that period. For all that, we have to know and tell importance of peace and the horror of atomic bombs and wars to the future generation.

• Dropping The bomb was a Good thing.

I think we should have dropped the bomb on japan because if they want to start a battle with us we are going to not just sit there we are going to retaliate back and when we do go and fight back we are gonna go all out because they attacked one of our beach and when they first did that president Truman found the targets he wanted bomb and waited for the right time to bomb those targets and so as truman gave the signal our planes dropped the Atomic and when we did the japan took a few days to decide if to still fight and when they decided to be allies with us they saved themselves from a way much far worse trouble we caused so by saying this i think dropping the bomb got japan's attention and by getting there attention they still hesitated to stop and the bombing we did is deserved for the japan and that we did the right thing by dropping the bomb..

• The atomic bomb should have been dropped on Japan.

Truman made the right decision when he dropped the atomic bomb on Japan. A longer war would have resulting in a lot more deaths, both Japanese and American. The military faction of the government that was ruling Japan was out of control and it needed to be stopped at any cost.

• Yes, I believe the atomic bomb should have been dropped on Japan.

Yes, I believe the atomic bomb should have been dropped on Japan. Dropping the atomic bomb prevented the allied forces from having to plan a huge ground invasion where many more lives would have been lost. The Japanese were not going to surrender without a huge action like the atomic bomb or a large scale land invasion, and I think the atomic bomb was the lesser of two evils.

• Yes, it had to be done.

Yes, the atomic bomb should have been dropped on Japan, because it was needed to finally put an end to the war. The atomic bomb was unfortunate, but it was better than American soldiers continuing to die violent deaths while innocent Jews and so-called undesirables continued to die. It was sad, but it at least ended the World War.

The atomic bomb should have been dropped on Japan. The dropping of the bomb caused Japan to surrender and without that it would have caused more casualties. If we would have used normal attack weapons then more people would have been killed and they may not have surrendered as easily.

• There were other means to end the war!

I believe there was other means to end the conflict in Asia which would prevent the death of thousands of innocent people. I believe there could of been an invasion of Japan at the time which would have prevented so many people being effectively wiped out by this needless weapon of mass-destruction.

Also world powers envied the United States because of the destructive power of the atom bomb and therefore wanted to obtain the atomic bomb. This was also a contributing factor to the Cold War.

• No, it was a foolish and cruel act.

Dropping the atom bomb was a foolish and thoughtless act. They should have made some peace agreement or they should have invaded the mainland. These bombs killed thousands of innocent civilians and many were affected by the radiation and suffered with cancer. Children were born with multiple disabilities and even their grand children were also affected. Mainland invasion wouldn't have caused this much destruction. Radiation effects are permanent and they continue to affect future generations.

• No. The attack using atomic bombs in Japan was wrong.

Those bombs killed thousands of innocent civilians which is not supposed to happen in war. Moreover, the radiation effect of the attack further killed people even after the war. Another, atomic bombs were no longer necessary as Japan was exhausted and is about to surrender in a few months. Had atomic bombs not used, lives of many civilians could have been saved from deadly explosion and radiation of the evil atomic bomb.

• The U.S. should not have dropped the bomb on Japan.

The United States should not have dropped the bomb on Japan because it killed thousands of innocent people just to try to end war early. Although it was a difficult decision Japan was only given unconditional surrender when all they were trying to do was keep their dynasty alive. Before they knew it they were being bombed, it was a careless act for the U.S. to bomb Japan not just once but twice. The U.S. could have done a land invasion and many other things besides dropping an atomic bomb on Japan knowing the problems it would probably cause.

• We should have not dropped the bomb

The United States had many alternatives to choose from instead of dropping the bomb. Also, the United States dropped the bomb only to intimidate the Russians and to clearly show that the Japanese will surrender an unconditional surrender. This means that they will surrender under American terms. The dropping of the bomb was also inhumane. Thousands of civilians who had no say so in the militarist government were killed. They were vaporized, horrifically burned, saturated with radiation, and speared by flying debris. It gives America a bad look. It makes us look as if we are evil when we are the country that is supposed to be the greatest country in the world. So therefore, i do not agree with the dropping of the bomb.

• It wasn’t necessary to finish world war Ⅱ. To drop atomic bomb is against international law.

It wasn’t necessary to finish world war Ⅱ.
    To drop atomic bomb is against international law.
    In this low, brutality against civilian was the unacceptable violation of international rules. And Japan was far outnumbered by the united state.
    If the United States hadn’t used the atomic bomb, Japan would have surrendered immediately.

• The atomic bombs are inhumane weapons.

The atomic bombs dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki coused big damage.In Hiroshima, about a hundred and twenty thousand lives were lost,in nagasaki about seventy thousands lives were lost.I hered ground zero was hellish.Even now,a lot of people have been suffering with cancer caused by the atomic bomb’s radioactivity.I think the US is wrong. Nobody had the right to kill innocent people.
    Although Japanese armed forces did cruel things to the US, I think there were other ways to end WWⅡ without the death of innocent people. We don’t see the war and damage of atomic bombs,so I think we must learn more about the war and atomic bombs.

• I think that the atomic bomb shouldn’t have been dropped on Japan.

I have two reasons for this.
    The first reason is that many innocent people lost their lives because of the atomic bomb. Do you think that the atomic bomb had to be droppeed to make the war end? I don’t think that destroying many people’s lives is right.
    The second reason is that many people are still fighting with big pain. They were injured and lost many people. The sorrow was never go away.
    For these two reasons, I think the atomic bomb shouldn’t have been dropped on Japan.
    But, there are many “yes” opinions on this topic.
    I want you to imagine that the atomic bomb will be dropped on your city. We will lose a lot of precious things. Do you really think “yes” nevertheless?
    I think if we have any reason,we must not take innocent lives.

• I don't think so.

I think that the attack using atomic bombs in Japan was wrong, I have .Two reasons for this.
    First, those atomic bombs killed many people. And they weren’t only soldiers. They were almost all of the bomb victim were civilians.
    Second, those atomic bombs inflicted permanent damage on children. It’s very sad that innocent children suffered the aftereffects of atomic bombs.
    If the atomic bombs haven’t been dropped, many American soldiers and Japanese soldiers would not become a statistic. But the Americans didn’t have to kill innocent people.
    I think that there could have been a better way.