Should the Boy Scouts remove God from their pledge?

• Yes, if the Boy Scouts want to seem relevant they should remove god from their pledge.

Boy Scouts should remove God from their pledge. Nobody wants to join because God is make believe and it makes people feel as if the Boy Scouts are not a smart choice. They might as well pledge to Big Foot. While they are at it they should stop selling popcorn and find something better.

• Freedom of Religion

Not everyone in scouts are Christian. In order to make Boy Scouts of America a welcoming place to all people, they should take out the pledge to god. If anyone wants to create another group, (ie) Christian Boy Scouts of America, that's fine. But the name needs to be changed.

• The Scouts Choice

Boy scouts is a private organization and should in no way be required to remove god from their pledge, but could it not influence and help so many more young men if it would open it's arms to all faiths or lack thereof? I was a scout, and I'm an athiest, I would love to be a scout leader, to help influence the younger generation and encourage them to see the beauty of the world that surrounds them. All my time in scouting was spent learning about and enjoying the great outdoors and the challenges and beauty of it, it never seemed religious to me at the time, but those were different times, and it's high time we quit worrying so much about a persons beliefs, but do all we can to help them find themselves and their potential.

• Freedom of Religion

• Every Scout I have met has faith in God, though we might not call him the same name we all believe.

The scouts that don't necessarily believe in God still believe in something, like evolution. Those of you arguing for God being removed aren't even in our order, you have no right what so ever to decide on anything. Scouting was founded on God and he/she will eternally remain in scouting.

• The Scout Oath

The Scout Oath is "On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country; to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight." Removing God from this Oath would be editing a 100 year old script developed by Robert Baden-Powell himself.

• They should not be required to remove God from their pledge

The Boy Scouts are under no obligation to remove God from their pledge. Like every other organization in the United States, the Boy Scouts should be able to decide whether or not they want to incorporate God into their organization. As citizens, we are not required to associate ourselves with the Boy Scouts, hence if they choose to have God in their pledge, and someone doesn't it then tough luck.