Should the British government retake control of the railways?

• I personally feel that the British government should retake control of the railways.

There are many factors that could go wrong from a terrorist standpoint that could put British citizens in jeopardy.The British government is obligated to make sure that the necessary steps are taken in order to ensure the safety of railways. Rules and regulations would ensure safety and peace of mind among the British people. I think it is important that the British railways are government regulated.

• Government Regulated railways are important

The British government is obligated to make sure they take necessary steps in order to ensure the safety of railways. There are many factors that can go wrong from a terrorist standpoint that could put citizens in jeopardy. Regulation and rules are necessary to ensure safety and peace of mind among British people.

• British Government Retake

I personally thin that the government should not retake control of the railroads are the archetypical industry, the pioneers of what Gabriel Kolko has called, "political capitalism."1 Their overexpansion and malinvestment led to a movement for consolidation by way of pools and mergers. But price-cutting and rebates were the prime weapons of competition, which undercut the larger, over-extended roads.

• They should not

No, I do not think that they need to take over the rails at all. I think that the way that they are going now with them being ran by private companies works very good, and I think that it would get messed up if they did it like this.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe the British government should retake control of the railways unless they are seeking to implement some socialist ideals within the country where they give it back over to the people. If that is not the case it is best to leave the rails to private companies.