• ban the burka

It would be very brave on his part, especially since he is not from a Muslim country. I do imagine that would stir up a lot of controversy. I still say he should do it though, because no one deserves to be a second class citizen. It would set an example for the rest of the world.

• Yes, the burka should be banned by President Sarkozy.

I think that President Sarkozy has every right to ban the burka in his country. When immigrants from other countries immigrate to a new one, it is only right that they follow the rules and policies of that new country. If President Sarkozy wants to ban it, he should be able to.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not believe the burka should be banned by President Sarkozy. I believe the use of a burka should be left up to the people. To me, a burka, is simply a piece of clothing and if I was use to wearing one I wouldn't want to be forced to not use it. At the same time I wouldn't want to be forced to use one. It's not something that warrants law either for or against it.

• Freedom of religion

It's not as widely discussed, but the discrimination that those practicing Islam is facing in Europe is even worse than it is in America, most likely because of the closer proximity to Europe. There are those who practice the religion and require the burka to be worn, and banning it is a form of discrimination.

• No, I don't think the burka should be banned by President Sarkozy.

I think that banning an important religious clothing item is just going to incite anger and resentment from that community towards the Government. I think as long as burkas are not disrupting public order then I don't see why Muslim women can not wear them, I don't see the Government in the right trying to ban them.