• Originality is good

It is not the persons fault for how they were born and made. We are all different and originality is what makes you stand out from others. It is wrong to take somebody's self away from them. If somebody has feelings, let their feelings be shown, just as a man and a women would. In everybody love is original.

• Human Rights is what we need.

Only GOD can judge someone. We don't have the right to say who can & can not get married. Getting married are HUMAN RIGHTS. If gays cant get married why should anyone be able to get a Divorce. Getting a Divorced is also a sin. And anyone who is in love and wan'ts to spend the rest of their life with someone should be able to get married. It doesn't matter if your black or white or mexican, straight or gay. We are human and we need equal rights.

• Yes

Where in the bible does it say homosexuality is wrong? Why would you even care if they allowed it. It has nothing to do with you. I have never read the bible but from the readings I know it does not say that homosexuality is wrong. I personally do not think that god or a higher power exists. The bible is just a book written by human that needed a figure of imagination (god) to believe in. Homosexuality is not a crime.

• Yes.

What defines marriage is simply what we 'think' it to mean in the time we live. The meaning of marriage has changed many times before, and will continue to do so. If people love each other, and are not related by blood (ie, incest), then it should be OK for them to marry.

• Love is Love

I think they should allow anyone to get married, however I do realize it is their right to deny marriage based on their religious teachings. I find it sad that the church disagrees with allowing everyone to marry but I guess as time passes they will realize they are the minority and if they don't change their opinions then the church will crumble up and fade away as they are already doing a good job at destroying it with all the priest touching little children. Such a disgusting organization, but I guess God told them to do it right?

• Indeed.

If God knows that people are all different in their own way, then gay marriage should be a right. He knows that people have differing opinions on other people. And since when did sexual orientation determine whether you were a human or not? Humans are granted moral rights that should never be removed or tampered with, and marriage is one of them. Restricting people of their rights is wrong, yet same sex marriage is not. I also don't see why being gay is a sin or in any way forbidden. It is also plain injustice for one to be discriminated for their own sexual orientation. The First Amendment in the US Constitution allows the Freedom of Opinion, and homosexuality fall under that. Yes, gay people are humans and should have rights just as the rest of us do.

• Allow it,

because no matter who you love (man or woman), no matter if people don't agree with your love, and no matter what the Bible says about love ("god won't love you" yeah that's made up by haters), my final opinion on the topic of gay marriage will stay the same: anyone can love anyone.

• This is a free country.

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships, but teaches that homosexual persons deserve respect, justice and pastoral care. It doesn't matter who you are what you do, as long as you have a good heart and you believe in God and you don't step other people.

• Yes, they should.

Gay marriage should be allowed for anyone who wants to enter into gay marriage. If a member of any church, Catholic or otherwise, is in good standing with the church, they should be able to have their marriage recognized by their church. Times have changed and the Pope could make it happen.

• They Can Allow Marriage

Looking through the Gospels, it is easy to see that Christ was supportive of all members of society, especially those who were persecuted. There is no evidence whatsoever that Christ would support persecution of gay individuals. However, Christ was Jewish, and the tenants of Judaism promoted that marriage (and sexual intercourse undertaken therein) should create children. While gay sexual intercourse may not produce children, that does not mean that gay couples could not raise children. I propose that gay couples can produce a stable environment for a child to grow up in.

• God's Plan Is Better...

The Catholic Church is against same-sex marriage, not because they hate gays, but because God chose only man and woman for one another. Those who are gay did not choose their sexuality, but are chosen by God to live beyond marriage (which society thinks is true happiness) and give their lives to God, the ultimate happiness. If more homosexuals had this attitude, their lives would be so much more fulfilled, instead of bitter towards the Church. God wants what is best for His children.

• No. Defiantly not.

They can be recognized by the government. Gods law defines marriage between a man and a woman. The government cannot tell the church to allow the recognition of gays. The Catholic Church believes in this so why should the church be forced to recognize something they don't agree in. I'm afraid for this world.

• No.

Marriage was instituted by God for the procreation of humans. Since gays and lesbians don't procreate, then their marriage has no practical purpose. Yes, times have changed, but nature never changes.

Homosexual desires are not condemned as a sin by the Church. Homosexuals are still children of God and are called to purity of heart. It's not their fault why they became homosexuals. Rather, homosexual ACTS like men having sex with other men are condemned as sin by the Church because it is a misuse of God's gift of sexuality. Sexuality is an expression, a language of love between a husband and a wife and is intended SOLELY for the procreation of human beings.

But can't homosexuals show their love to each other? It depends on your definition of Love. Love is an expression of great care, concern and kindness towards a person, and everyone, including homosexuals, are called to love. But if your definition of love involves marriage and sex, it will be impractical for homosexuals since marriage and sex are created only for the procreation of humans.

• No. Absolutely not.

It would be Hypocrisy. Feeling attraction is not something we can control, but what we do about it is. If the believer chooses to follow their lust and rebel against God, they should be corrected, NOT accommodated. Same gender sex is a long standing sin in Catholic doctrine. To allow the union to happen in the church would imply God's acceptance of the union. A dangerous Hypocrisy.

• Against the bible

The main reason I think gay marriage is okay, but not in a church is because it disrespects the bible. It seems that anyone who is religious wouldn't be gay(therefore obeying god's easy of sexuality) unless the are just posers and say they are a gay religious couple, and are trying to get married in a church for the attention.

• No they should not have to

Mind your own business and let the Catholic Church do what it wants. We don't go the gay pride meetings forcing gays to be Catholic, so gays shouldn't force their beliefs down the throats of others. It's just a case of saying 'gays beliefs are more important than those of the Catholic Church'. Leave it out, idots

• The Act of Love

Marriage should not be intended for anyone who likes another person. It should be for people that Love each other. And not "love" in the sense of really liking someone but rather love in the sense of WILLING THE BETTERMENT OF ANOTHER. So if straight people are to be married to procreate and LOVE another than that's fine. If a man and woman said to the priest "we don't plan on having kids simply because we don't want them" the church would not allow them to get married. We are all called to love one another. I am called to love women AND men. But I am not called to marry everyone I love or everyone I like.

• Let Catholics do what they want to do regarding marriage equality, and will we do what we want to do.

First off, I am non-religious, and I do support gay marriage for reasons that I will not get into as I would be off topic. But, if the Church does not allow it, then why should we get involved? It is their organization. Why should we try to change their beliefs? Yeah, you can preach tolerance regarding gay marriage, but if you try to change someone's belief (whether it is tolerant or not), then doesn't that make you intolerant? My way or the highway, huh? Just let the Church do what it wants, and let everyone else do what they want to do. As long as no one is stepping on anyone else's toes and no one is being hurt, what is the harm? If a Catholic homosexual wants to get married but the Church won't allow him, he can always leave the Church. Of course, the Church does hurt people (especially children), steal money, et cetera, but that is a whole 'nother story...

• It is the devil.

Because it isn't a person it is a bad spirit that goes into the person so that the person becomes gay. Remember that Sodom and Gomorrah was punished for habits against God - nowadays the same is happening. In a few days God is going to come and take away only the good people.

• Leviticus 20:13 says no.

I'm not a religious person, however, I don't think gay people have any place in any place of worship for the Abrahamic religions since they all condemn homosexuality.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.