• Yes, I think the Chinese government should ban the Yulin dog meat festival.

Yes, I think the Chinese government should ban the Yulin dog meat festival because dogs are too intelligent to be eaten. Dogs are human beings best friends and should be played with and loved instead of served on plates. The Yulin dog meat festival is very barbaric and needs to be banned as soon as possible.

• Ban the festival

The festival should be banned because dogs are man's best friend. Although people in different countries have other customs, dogs have been companions for thousands of years. It is not right to kill then and eat them when they are so good to people. The Chinese government should take action and ban the festival.

• People around the world have been demanding an end to the Yulin dog meat festival

It seems like an outdated cultural event. Few countries around the world eat dog meat. Few countries hold such an event. The meat is usually set aside as food for the older population as a delicacy. The manner in which the dogs are transported for slaughter is horrific. The animals are crowded into cages, and then killed. In the West, dogs are a man's best friend. Animals such as dogs are domesticated, and they are portrayed in the media as one of the family. Westerners cannot possibly understand this event, so people of the West naturally have a repulsion to it. Animal rights groups are intent on stopping the festival. Judging by the great opposition to the Yulin dog meat festival, China should ban it altogether. It is time China gets in sync with the times, and replaces this out-dated event with more culturally appropriate and acceptable ways to celebrate life.

• Yes, the Yulin dog meat festival is a barbaric relic of the past that needs to be forgotton.

The Chinese government should ban the Yulin dog meat festival. This mass slaughter of animals is not only cruel, but dangerous as well. Gathering all those dogs in close proximity to each other spreads diseases which can easily be passed on to the people that attend the festival due to the lack of hygienic standards and proper cooking techniques.

• I don't think this should happen

I think China shouldn't take any dog they find and hurt and kill it, it is animal abuse even though it being used by food. People will be like "killing a sheep is lkke the same thing as killing a dog." Thats not true because they find dogs and then kill them for a stupid festival! I thought China should have wised up

• They need to ban the yulin dog festival

A lot of people argue its there culture. But its really not. I've done my reaserch and they only started this for fun and yummyness. Like ok its fine if you eat a couple of dogs once in a while. BUT THEY TORTURE THEM ON PURPOUSE! And you want to know why. Cause it gives them good luck and it helps sexual behavore. LIKE WHAT JUST TO TORTURE A DOG!!! And yes I know I eat pigs and cows. But there bread to be eaten. They were actully made from humans. For example cows they were man made by breeding buffolows and bison and animals like that. BUT DOGS there here to be mans best friend. Before these dogs are killed, they wag there tail at you and open there mouths to pant so u can give them a pet. That's just cruel to torture them. Oh and when people kill pigs and cows they do it painlessly. Just like that. These dogs can take hours to die. And when there waiting to die there hurt. Also a lot of dogs have sicknesses and people catch tho'es. So its also hurting the people with sickness.

• It's the amount of inhuman acts these people do to the dogs.

The one part that separates it from 'Oh, its no different than pork or steak.' and flat out abuse. First of all, many of the dogs have collars on, indicating that they are stolen pets. Then, the way they kill the dogs is torturous. Lots are killed in public slaughterings, often in front of young children.

• Yes. Ban it all.

The Yulin dog festival is cruel, harmful, and they're killing 10-15 thousand dogs in 10 days. They're kept in horrible conditions and contract infectious diseases. Those diseases can be spread to the person eating it and boom. We have another disease with no cure in the U.S. How do you think Ebola began. Anyways they need to stop the Yulin Dog Festival and they should stop Finning.

• Eating dogs and cats is fine, but they should be treated with respect like any other animal.

An often heard argument is that dogs and cats are not viewed as domestic animals in China and thus it's okay to eat them. Cows are viewed as holy animals in India yet half the world eats beef regularly and pigs are even smarter than dogs but they're eaten as well. That's why I think the Chinese have the full right to eat dogs and cats.

The real reason why I think the Yulin festival should be banned is because of the treatment of the animals. The animals are tortured because the increased amount of adrenaline is believed to make the meat taste better. Limbs are cut off, they get beaten, they are skinned and cooked, all while being alive. There's no justification for this. Even if meat does taste better if animals are tortured, I'd still prefer meat from animals that had a good ending. Even halal is a thousand times better than this.

• Don't band the festival!

They've been doing this for years and it's part of their culture. Moreover, most of the people talking about this does not really have a say because this is something for the CHINESE people to decide. Just because you don't do it in your country, doesn't mean other countries would follow your lead. Banning it is out of the question, what's important to discuss is how they could improve in performing their festival cruelty-free.

• I think the Chinese government should NOT ban the Yulin dog meat festival! 😊

No, because the festival is their tradition. If you don't like eating dog so be it, that's their tradition. Eating dog is just like eating pig, cow, chicken, turkey, even though people keep saying that dog is mans best friend and that you shouldn't eat them. I love this un-attributed quote: "If one condemns eating of the meat of one particular animal, one must condemn the eating of the meats of ALL animals.­ Those who do not are just a pot calling a kettle black."

• I think banning Yulin dog meat festival is not good.

Because this is their own culture and we are suppressing to ban them. And dog being a human's best friend or delicacy is depended on where they go. Of course stealing a pet dog or slaughtering abandoded dogs is not good. However, I say no to inhumane slaughtering process such as boiling, beating, and skinning them alive. So Yulin dog meat festival should not be banned.