Should the concept of the conservation of mass be included in elementary science curricula?

• The conservation of mass is proven and should be taught

There are some scientific theories that may prove to be controversial, but rarely does that list include the conservation of mass. Aside from the possibility of controversy, the conservation of mass theory predicates many other theories and explanations. The production of O2 by plants for example that pull the Carbon from the CO2. Understanding that nothing is ever truly eliminated from the universe helps make sense of botany, chemistry, physics, and every other natural science.

• Yes, I think the conservation of mass should be included in elementary science curricula.

Overall while the conservation of mass may be too difficult of a subject for elementary aged kids to grasp I think that the basic concept should be introduced and thought to them, I think teaching them a fundamental concept like that early on will help them learn it when they study it in further detail in future grades.

• The concept of the conservation of mass should be included in elementary science curricula.

The concept of the conservation of mass should be included in elementary science curricula. The concept of the conservation of mass is an important concept and is widely used in chemistry, mechanics and fluid mechanics. The conservation of mass concept states that matter can be rearranged but not destroyed, and is a fundamental rule in chemistry.

• It is basic.

Yes, the concept of conservation of mass should be included in elementary science curricula, because it is a simple concept that most people can understand. Elementary school science includes too much about animals and environmentalism, and very little about physics. Young children should be taught physics so they can move to harder concepts in middle school.

• No, conservatism of mass shouldn't be an elementary curricula.

I do not think that the concept of the conservatism of mass should be included in the elementary school's science curricula. I do not think it would be appropriate to teach young kids something like this. I think all forms of politicals should be kept out of the class room, especially in elementary school.