• Efrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrfrvgvyvyvy vgvyh vgv

N rare circumstances I believe the death penalty is used to often in the U.S., and that it isn't necessarily applied fairly, but the thought that Hitler couldn't be executed in Europe in 2013 is down right appalling, and the U.S. Should never put themselves in that position. For the most depraved individuals, it needs to remain an option.

• Yes it should be allowed

I believe that it should be allowed because people just keep committing the crime and prisons overflow and wastes our resources and land. What if there is a terrorists he blows up the white house we catch him, but do nothing to him just keep him in a cell. Now is that fair.

• Yes it should be allowed

• Yes, in extreme cases.

In extreme cases, where horrible things have been done to others and where there is no hope of rehabilitation and no quality of life possible for this criminal, then it would be better to put him to death rather than to keep him in custody for his life, which might hurt him more but which would use up valuable resources.

• Need of the Death Penalty as a Deterrent

I believe that the death penalty should be allowed in America. The death penalty is needed as it provides the ultimate penalty for any wrongdoer. Without the death penalty, America would an extra weapon that can be used against wrongdoers, and many of the wrongdoers that would be tried under the death penalty would have no second thought on taking another person's life if they had the opportunity to.

• Yes, the death penalty should be allowed in America.

Yes, the death penalty should be allowed in America, but only in cases of extreme brutality and murders of children. Even though I believe the death penalty should be allowed, I also believed that it needs to be fair and balanced. Rich people are less likely to get the death penalty as data have shown while poor and non-white people are more likely to receive a penalty of death and that needs to be changed.

• Yes, the death penalty should be allowed.

The death penalty has been used for thousands of years. It may seem antiquated, but there are reasons behind it. Some people believe that the death penalty will help keep people from committing violent crimes. Others believe that it helps bring some closure to victims' families. Whether or not these theories are correct, though, I believe it should be decided at the state level, with voters having a say.

• Yes it should

As much as I hate to say it, I think that the death penalty should be allowed in America. It should only be used for horrific crimes, though. I think that there are way too many people in jail. Why should the American tax payers pay money to have low life murderers, who have committed heinous crimes, to be housed, clothed and fed for the remainder of their lives?

• Death Penalty Is Okay

There, to me, is certainly nothing spectacular about the death penalty. For me, personally, I think the death penalty should be reserved for the most violent and vial murder's we have. I think the death penalty should be allowed, but it is certainly not something that should be used on a regular basis.

• In rare circumstances

I believe the death penalty is used to often in the U.S., and that it isn't necessarily applied fairly, but the thought that Hitler couldn't be executed in Europe in 2013 is down right appalling, and the U.S. Should never put themselves in that position. For the most depraved individuals, it needs to remain an option.

• Death Penalty States Have Higher Murder Rates Than Non-Death Penalty States.

From 1991 to 2011 the states without the death penalty had an (on average) 31.7 % lower murder rate than the states that had the death penalty. (deathpenaltyinfo.Org)
    These facts show that the death penalty is not effective in stopping murder and therefore it is a cruel and unsuccessful form of punishment and should not be allowed in the U.S.

• The death penalty shouldn't be allowed anywhere.

Yes, people murder, and that is not okay. But if you are a person that is strongly for the death penalty, then think of this: solitary confinement for a permanent life sentence, with absolutely no human interaction, is much worse than death. If you want them to suffer for their crimes, then do that. Because you know, yes, they killed and raped people, and that is in not way okay. But two wrongs don't make a right. I believe that criminals should be taken from society, but not murdered - because that's what it is. You can call it whatever you want but it's murder.

Just think of this too, it is rare, but there have been quite a few discovers where they've found out that they've given the death penalty to innocent people in America. And some people say "Oh, well that's only a few people." Yes, only a few people that could have been your mother, father, sibling, friend or child. It's a repetitive cycle that just needs to end.

• When you have people with the exact same crimes, and one is doing life, and one gets death, then we have an issue..

I know of a man, that has just now been found innocent of the crime he has been convicted of. He spent so many years on death row, claiming his innocence, and now it's been proven. He's the lucky one. Others have been executed, and later found innocent. Cant bring him back and say, oops. Killing an innocent man by mistake, should be enough to say, this is not working!