Should the death penalty be illegal in the state of Florida for juveniles?

• They deserve life

G g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg

• They are children for f**** sake

The death penalty is barbaric, as every European Union Country knows. For kids, that's out of the question. As a teen, you are still developing, your mind will change. Another chance is needed. For example, Ben Carson, a republican presidential candidate stabbed a boy when he was 14. He didn't die, and Ben Carson didn't face major punishments. Look where he is today. He is a rich, retired neurosurgeon and a presidential candidate!

• Yes it should.

I do think that the death penalty should be illegal in the state of Florida for juveniles. I don't think the death penalty should be legal period, but especially not for someone under 18. I feel that this group is young enough that they could be rehabilitated and contribute to society.

• Ban The Death Penalty

I believe the death penalty should be illegal in the state of Florida, especially for juveniles. I believe we would be far better off to ban the death penalty all together. I do not believe it is a policy that benefits our society because so many people are opposed to it.

• Yes, no death penalty for minors.

Those who are minors should not be subject to the death penalty in just about all cases. Someone under 18 should definitely be punished harshly for a harsh crime but there should also be some attempt at rehabilitation. The death penalty is for the most part too stringent for someone under a certain age.

• Yes it should.

The death penalty should be illegal in the state of Florida for underage kids. Not only should it be illegal for people who are under 18, it should be illegal for everyone in the state of Florida. The death penalty is very taxing and expensive, and should be gotten rid of.

• No death penalty ever!

The death penalty is never justified in any place in the world let alone in 2013 in a developed country like America. It is hypocritical and killing someone is just bad if not worse than the crime that they committed. I can not still not believe America has the death penalty.....

• Yes the death penalty for juveniles should be illegal

Yes, I think that the death penalty in Florida should be illegal for juveniles in Florida. I think that the most that juveniles should be able to receive in Florida for a violent crime is jail time, may be even life in prison without parole, but the death penalty should be off the table.

Yes, I think that the death penalty should be illegal for juveniles in Florida. I think that the most that juveniles should be able to receive in Florida for a violent crime is jail time, may be even life in prison without parole, but the death penalty should be off the table.

• No death penalty for kids!

Death penalty for juveniles? No, not a chance. Kids make mistakes. We all have made mistakes. Are some mistakes worse than others? Absolutely, manslaughter is much worse than cheating on a test for example. I say, if the person is tried through the court as an adult, than they are an adult and must put up with whatever the court determines to be reasonable, but if they are not tried as an adult, than they are not an adult!

• They deserve life

• Depending on the crime and the age of the offender

No, I believe in some case the death penalty may be appropriate for some juvenile offenders. If it is an egregious crime and the juvenile is of the age that he or she is in full knowledge of their actions, then they should be sentence to the punishment of the crime. Juveniles sometimes use their age as a excuse, when in reality they knew exactly what they were doing and why.